Kingsbury finalizing AZ HC deal

Reed83HOF

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh? He had 53 tds his last year in college, he got drafted top 10 by a great offensive coach who traded up to get him, sat before a very solid playoff starting qb, and became the MVP this year.  You’re reaching here.

Right and Andy Reid "one of the best offensive minds of his generation" had such confidence in Kingsbury's development of him that he had him sit a year.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh? He had 53 tds his last year in college, he got drafted top 10 by a great offensive coach who traded up to get him, sat before a very solid playoff starting qb, and became the MVP this year.  You’re reaching here.

And none of that is responsive to what I just said. I am saying 1 + 1 = 2, and you are out here like “No! Apppppples!!!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup, that’s the big take away.  Might not work but they went all in.  We left our rookie with the a guy who has been a bottom 5 OC for every year except when he was on fire at 22.

Kingsbury has zero NFL experience. I'm surprised he's getting a head coaching job before ever coaching at the pro level. I mean it might work out but leading an NFL team takes a lot more than just designing an offense.

These coaching searches are making me feel blessed to have Sean McDermott as the Bills coach and Brian Daboll as the Bills OC....nothing against Kingsbury or Kitchens or Stefanski but I am thinking this QB whisperer/genius Offense Schemer thing has gone too far...

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right and Andy Reid "one of the best offensive minds of his generation" had such confidence in Kingsbury's development of him that he had him sit a year.

1) Mahomes had 53 tds in a college season

2) Reid traded up in the top 10 to draft him

3) he had Mahomes sit for a year because he had a proven nfl starter in Alex Smith

4) PM will be the nfl MVP

no Sane person can somehow use this as a knock against KK.  It’d be as stupid as saying Lincoln Reilly didn’t prepare Mayfield because he sat right away.

and oh yeah, KK started Mayfield as the first ever true freshman walk on Qb.  Clearly, he has no idea about offense.

Knock KK’s for his lack of a hiring a good DC or defensive recruiting.  But you honestly won’t get more excited over him than Brian Daboll?

It will be very interesting to see which Josh has the better career.  For all my knocks on Allen, this is one where it isn’t his fault.  IMO, we could have upgrade his coaching, along with his weapons.  

But good discussion and enjoy your night.  

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

These coaching searches are making me feel blessed to have Sean McDermott as the Bills coach and Brian Daboll as the Bills OC....nothing against Kingsbury or Kitchens or Stefanski but I am thinking this QB whisperer/genius Offense Schemer thing has gone too far...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DaboBr0.htm

Just now, HappyDays said:

Kingsbury has zero NFL experience. I'm surprised he's getting a head coaching job before ever coaching at the pro level. I mean it might work out but leading an NFL team takes a lot more than just designing an offense.

The way Kingsbury handled Mayfield's injury at Tech is classic NFL football.  Next man up and if that man performs better kick the incumbent to the curb.  He already has that mentality. 

This may work out...he might have a better record as a pro coach than a college coach.  The Cardinals need to invest in a really experienced staff and build a real O-line for Rosen.  Rosen needs a great O-line more than Allen to realize his potential.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

But the point is the nfl has allowed for these college type offenses to succeed.  That’s why we expect qbs to produce earlier because pro offenses are more similar to college ones.  And given that two guys he just coached in college are two of the best young QBs in the nfl, it’s a great gamble in my mind.

i hate the culture word.  It’s so stupid.  Now what breeds good culture: winning. If the Cards win, they will have a good culture. If not, he will be fired and have to go back to college.

37 minutes ago, Magox said:

You don't just "luck" into victories. 

I went looking for a gif representing 'pissing in the wind' to illustrate the futility of your effort, but it turned out to be a bad idea.

So...hey...you're pissing in the wind.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) Mahomes had 53 tds in a college season

2) Reid traded up in the top 10 to draft him

3) he had Mahomes sit for a year because he had a proven nfl starter in Alex Smith

4) PM will be the nfl MVP

no Sane person can somehow use this as a knock against KK.  It’d be as stupid as saying Lincoln Reilly didn’t prepare Mayfield because he sat right away.

and oh yeah, KK started Mayfield as the first ever true freshman walk on Qb.  Clearly, he has no idea about offense.

Knock KK’s for his lack of a hiring a good DC or defensive recruiting.  But you honestly won’t get more excited over him than Brian Daboll?

It will be very interesting to see which Josh has the better career.  For all my knocks on Allen, this is one where it isn’t his fault.  IMO, we could have upgrade his coaching, along with his weapons.  

But good discussion and enjoy your night.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DaboBr0.htm

I get it...Daboll has had horrible offenses whenever he has coordinated in the pros.  He won a national championship in college as an OC with an inferior QB for 13.5 of 14 games.  You are basing so much on Kingsbury in College -- what about Daboll working with Tua ---

BTW, Tua didn't look the same last night.  How do you go from a guy with superior instincts to a player who can't recognize a blitz in one year??  Might have something to do with coaching.

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

I get it...Daboll has had horrible offenses whenever he has coordinated in the pros.  He won a national championship in college as an OC with an inferior QB for 13.5 of 14 games.  You are basing so much on Kingsbury in College -- what about Daboll working with Tua ---

BTW, Tua didn't look the same last night.  How do you go from a guy with superior instincts to a player who can't recognize a blitz in one year??  Might have something to do with coaching.

Tua probsbly wins the Heisman if he plays in the 4th quarter of games.  They choked last night but we could have been the Alabama OC and won a national championship.  I believe they’ve had a different OC for each title.  Not a super hard job. 

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup and if he does, they could really have something.  He also doesn’t have to battle schools for recruits.  

Huh? Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds of his generation, traded a first round pick to pick him top 10.  You’re reaching.  Mahomes had 53 total touchdowns his last year in college.

its why myself and other posters loved him.  He also started Mayfield as a true freshman walk on. But yeah, dude is clearly clueless. 

If it was a 39 year old guy who developed Mayfield and Mahomes and they were trying to maximize our young qb? I would 100% love it because it’s the move we don’t make.  We hire the 5th option, the retread, or the old retired guy. 

It might blow blow up for them but they swung for the fences.  I think Allen would have been awesome In Kingsbury’s system.

He couldn’t win at Texas Tech at the college level with a conference that doesn’t play defense.

He also didn’t develop Mayfield.

McDermott isn’t a retread, 5th option or old/retired.

They didn't hire him as the QB coach or the Offensive coordinator they hired him as the Head Coach. He will be responsible for all of it and the job he had closest to that was as Head Coach of a college team. The metric for rating a college HC is his win/loss record and his isn't great especially to jump all the way to HC in the NFL. I mean his best season was his first that isn't good in college. Who really thinks "well their record was bad but their offense was great so I guess that cancels out."

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think you know how coaching works.  

So when the bills defense was terrible under Rex Ryan it wasn’t his fault because he was the head coach, and to think everyone was blaming rex

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tua probsbly wins the Heisman if he plays in the 4th quarter of games.  They choked last night but we could have been the Alabama OC and won a national championship.  I believe they’ve had a different OC for each title.  Not a super hard job. 

The Tide has lost two of their last three title games  (Sorry @Sky Diver)-- Kiffin/Sarkisian-L; Locksley-L; Daboll-W -- just stating facts.  Nick is not exactly an offensive guru--although the kicker as a lead blocker play showed some innovative thinking.

I love exchanges like this @C.Biscuit97

The results won't be known until a couple of years from now.  I hope the Cardinals give Kliff time.  I loved him as a player..

My other questions...

1) Does this move mean NFL life for Johnny Football???

2) Does Mike Leach become Kliff's OC and mentor???

3) Does Larry Fitzgerald play another year???

Edited by JoeF