Kingsbury finalizing AZ HC deal

Reed83HOF

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What is bitter about getting sick of the Bills for settling? I irrationally love this team and the city where I’m from.  I just have to take everything they do?  I can’t want us to make an exciting hire of a young offensive guy who just helped groom the nfl mvp?

i love life and I’m far from better. But man, no one settles like Buffalo fans.  

The defense failed Mahomes.  You spend money to get a veteran DC who are a million times easier to find.

im not saying I want him fired but it’s a million times easier to find a McDermott than a Reid or McVay.

I only really said that because ppl (on twitter mostly) are saying he's failed due to his bad win-loss record even with Mahomes

Edited by Tsaikotic

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What is bitter about getting sick of the Bills for settling? I irrationally love this team and the city where I’m from.  I just have to take everything they do?  I can’t want us to make an exciting hire of a young offensive guy who just helped groom the nfl mvp?

It's that you were the biggest homer and apologist for Bills failures for nearly a decade on this board when Whaley, Nix, Marv etc. were here and now we have a coach who took us to the playoffs with a team lacking in talent and a GM who finally drafted a franchise QB and you've all of a sudden turned into Sir Poo poo's in your teams a lot.  

It's truly bizarre.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

It's that you were the biggest homer and apologist for Bills failures for nearly a decade on this board when Whaley, Nix, Marv etc. were here and now we have a coach who took us to the playoffs with a team lacking in talent and a GM who finally drafted a franchise QB and you've all of a sudden turned into Sir Poo poo's in your teams a lot.  

It's truly bizarre.  :lol:

Last year’s team was a Jauron special.  We just finally got lucky.

And as exciting as he was, our qb had a worse qb rating than EJ Manuel.  Sorry, I want more than Brian “Bottom 5” Daboll to help him out.  Sorry, I’m sick of defending below to average teams.  It’s ok to want more in life. I’ve been awaken over years of defending ?.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Interesting. Chose Rosen over Darnold.

I think he chose low expectations and irrelevance, no one cares about the Cardinals and he probably prefers it that way. They are both bad teams but no upside to going to Jersey team B.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Last year’s team was a Jauron special.  We just finally got lucky.

And as exciting as he was, our qb had a worse qb rating than EJ Manuel.  Sorry, I want more than Brian “Bottom 5” Daboll to help him out.  Sorry, I’m sick of defending below to average teams.  It’s ok to want more in life. I’ve been awaken over years of defending ?.

You don't just "luck" into victories.  There can be luck involved to win but at the end of the day, luck is not what wins games.  They won because they played disciplined, ball hawking good defense and virtually turnover free football.    They didn't just luck themselves into it, they earned their 9 victories.

Daboll has done lots for this team,  and to be honest with you I think his approach has been excellent considering that we have one of the worst offensive rosters in the NFL.   Next year when we have a better line, more weapons and most importantly a 2nd year improved Allen, this offense take it to the next level.  Which if you hadn't noticed, since week 10, this team has averaged 24 points a game.  I don't know about you, but with a rookie QB, horrid line, aging RB's, non existent TE's and young WR's, I'd say that he's done one hell of a job from the first half of the season to the second half.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They averaged 43.7 points per game and 566 yards with Mahomes.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas-tech/2016.html

Wasn't he also below 50% for wins with him too? I mean if he's so great with Offense why couldn't he do what the Chiefs have done this year it's not like they have a great defense.

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Your'e right, head coaches are not in charge of the side of the ball they didn't formally coordinate. You have won this argument. 

Thank you!

he got fired because he didn’t pick a good enough DC and didn’t have good enough defensive recruits. 

So so if he gets a good DC (Wade was begging for a job when the Rams hired him), the Cards got a guy with a damn good record of developing absolute stud qbs.  We have parties for throwing for over 200 yards and scoring 2 tds in a game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank you!

he got fired because he didn’t pick a good enough DC and didn’t have good enough defensive recruits. 

So so if he gets a good DC (Wade was begging for a job when the Rams hired him), the Cards got a guy with a damn good record of developing absolute stud qbs.  We have parties for throwing for over 200 yards and scoring 2 tds in a game.

Good thing he won't have any responsibility for that as Head Coach.

• Like (+1) 1

Can't wait to see all these teams giving all these young offensive minds HC jobs flame out.

Just because it worked with one team that built a great staff around him, doesn't mean it is just a universal success strategy.

You also need to be careful when talking about Texas Tech points scored.   There offense had a lot more possessions because the defense was so bad.  More possessions will general mean more points.

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

You don't just "luck" into victories.  There can be luck involved to win but at the end of the day, luck is not what wins games.  They won because they played disciplined, ball hawking good defense and virtually turnover free football.    They didn't just luck themselves into it, they earned their 9 victories.

Daboll has done lots for this team,  and to be honest with you I think his approach has been excellent considering that we have one of the worst offensive rosters in the NFL.   Next year when we have a better line, more weapons and most importantly a 2nd year improved Allen, this offense take it to the next level.  Which if you hadn't noticed, since week 10, this team has averaged 24 points a game.  I don't know about you, but with a rookie QB, horrid line, aging RB's, non existent TE's and young WR's, I'd say that he's done one hell of a job from the first half of the season to the second half.

Dude, it was a Jauron team that got super lucky.  And it’s about time because we deserved it but nothing about that year spoke to a good football team.  The drought is over but we are an Andy Dalton pass away from SM being on a very hot seat.

gun to your head, what’s more likely for a Brian Daboll led offense: Bottom or top 10 finish?  It’s like as Bills fans we just pray for something magically to happen where there is absolutely nothing Daboll has shown where he can be a top OC.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Also, how about the fact that Mahomes was considered a poor, underdeveloped project QB coming out of College? If Kliff is so good at developing QBs, why was Mahomes considered not NFL ready? Why did he need a year on the bench to develop? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a dumb take.  Mahomes had like 50 tds his last year in college and set records his first year as a starter in the nfl. KK didn’t get fires because of his offense.

this is exactly the hire the Bills never make.  It may not work but at least they went for a homerun.  I respect it a ton. 

Be honest.  If the Bills hired a HC from college who was fired because he didn’t win...you would be okay with that?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yup and if he does, they could really have something.  He also doesn’t have to battle schools for recruits.  

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Also, how about the fact that Mahomes was considered a poor, underdeveloped project QB coming out of College? If Kliff is so good at developing QBs, why was Mahomes considered not NFL ready? Why did he need a year on the bench to develop? 

Huh? Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds of his generation, traded a first round pick to pick him top 10.  You’re reaching.  Mahomes had 53 total touchdowns his last year in college.

its why myself and other posters loved him.  He also started Mayfield as a true freshman walk on. But yeah, dude is clearly clueless. 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Be honest.  If the Bills hired a HC from college who was fired because he didn’t win...you would be okay with that?

If it was a 39 year old guy who developed Mayfield and Mahomes and they were trying to maximize our young qb? I would 100% love it because it’s the move we don’t make.  We hire the 5th option, the retread, or the old retired guy. 

It might blow blow up for them but they swung for the fences.  I think Allen would have been awesome In Kingsbury’s system.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup and if he does, they could really have something.  He also doesn’t have to battle schools for recruits.  

Huh? Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds of his generation, traded a first round pick to pick him top 10.  You’re reaching.  Mahomes had 53 total touchdowns his last year in college.

its why myself and other posters loved him.  He also started Mayfield as a true freshman walk on. But yeah, dude is clearly clueless. 

Oh, did he play his first year in the NFL?  

Did draft analysts, for the most part, consider him not NFL ready? 

Are those not facts? 

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Oh, did he play his first year in the NFL?  

Did draft analysts, for the most part, consider him not NFL ready? 

Are those not facts? 

Huh? He had 53 tds his last year in college, he got drafted top 10 by a great offensive coach who traded up to get him, sat before a very solid playoff starting qb, and became the MVP this year.  You’re reaching here.

• Like (+1) 1