Kingsbury finalizing AZ HC deal

Reed83HOF

10 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Kliff-Kingsbury-Texas-Tech-football-coac

Hide your daughters. 

I just can't see this guy being a leader of grown men and has a failed track record. McVay was young but had a lot of NFL experience. This guy seems to be way too much of a bro. We will see. 

Not sure the last guy to be fired by a meh college with a losing record despite an elite QB and gets hired the next year as an NFL head coach. 

Looks more like they are making the "Loser" sign than the Red Raider guns.

• Haha (+1) 1

Either he will win or he will flame out quickly. You will be able to tell if he is in over his head by week 4. He may turn out to be a better coach than most of us think and actually construct an offense to utilize David Johnson as well as Josh Rosen. I can't blame them for stepping away from the NFL retread group at all though. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Not sure the last guy to be fired by a meh college with a losing record despite an elite QB and gets hired the next year as an NFL head coach. 

I’m not sure either, but it sounds like the plot line for later years of Craig T. Nelson’s TV series ‘Coach’.

53 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

What a dumb take.  Mahomes had like 50 tds his last year in college and set records his first year as a starter in the nfl. KK didn’t get fires because of his offense.

this is exactly the hire the Bills never make.  It may not work but at least they went for a homerun.  I respect it a ton. 

32 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Hide your daughters. 

I just can't see this guy being a leader of grown men and has a failed track record. McVay was young but had a lot of NFL experience. This guy seems to be way too much of a bro. We will see. 

he wasn't fired from USC, he resigned as OC a few days ago because USC wouldn't let NFL teams interview him for HC positions

34 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Hide your daughters. 

He helped develop Mahomes and Mayfield.  Maybe the guy is great developing qbs.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a dumb take.  Mahomes had like 50 tds his last year in college and set records his first year as a starter in the nfl. KK didn’t get fires because of his offense.

this is exactly the hire the Bills never make.  It may not work but at least they went for a homerun.  I respect it a ton. 

You gotta get off the Bitterness Trail.

You've taken it all the way to ScottLaw Land, and it's not pretty.  It's where good posters go to die.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Josh Rosen’s career might just as well have been saved today.

good to see all these teams with 2018 ROOKIE QBs dumping their stale and  old defenses coaches and looking to score big with Young Offensive Minds.

Yup, that’s the big take away.  Might not work but they went all in.  We left our rookie with the a guy who has been a bottom 5 OC for every year except when he was on fire at 22.

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

You gotta get off the Bitterness Trail.

You've taken it all the way to ScottLaw Land, and it's not pretty.  It's where good posters go to die.

What is bitter about getting sick of the Bills for settling? I irrationally love this team and the city where I’m from.  I just have to take everything they do?  I can’t want us to make an exciting hire of a young offensive guy who just helped groom the nfl mvp?

i love life and I’m far from better. But man, no one settles like Buffalo fans.  

Just now, Tsaikotic said:

even tho he kinda failed with Mahomes, or at least didnt get the same kind of production KC did, the top 3 QB's he's worked with is most likely the reason he got job...

The defense failed Mahomes.  You spend money to get a veteran DC who are a million times easier to find.

im not saying I want him fired but it’s a million times easier to find a McDermott than a Reid or McVay.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Where in his take was he talking about the number of TDs Mahomes got with him? He was talking about wins and he was 5-7 in Mahomes last season there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Joe Marino is such a moron.

If the Arizona Cardinals have to recruit players, can’t draft, and the NFL stops paying players then it might be an applicable comparison. Otherwise, really doesn’t say much. 

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Guess what, he was the HC, meaning he was also in charge of the defense.  

• Like (+1) 3