Kingsbury finalizing AZ HC deal

Reed83HOF

Has a head coach ever got fied from his college head coaching job to receive one the following year in the NFL?  I know hiring an offensive minded person in their 30's right now is the latest craze, but this is stretching it.  He has zero experience in the NFL and all of a sudden he's supposed to coach an NFL team.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Rumor is the Jets are looking at McVay's personal chef to be their next head coach.

Edited by Doc Brown

10 hours ago, CommonCents said:

The Cardinals have quickly become the new Browns, from top to bottom. 

No. They made a poor decision last year and they corrected it. Dude wasn’t ready to be a head coach.

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love you as a poster but I hate this take.  Know how you win a SB? Make the playoffs.  McVay took one of the most garbage franchises and made it a top 5 one.  Man, that would suck. 

So, because McVay did it, that means Kingsbury will?

Hoping for the next McVay.

he better get a good DC.

12 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Kliff-Kingsbury-Texas-Tech-football-coac

Hide your daughters. 

I just can't see this guy being a leader of grown men and has a failed track record. McVay was young but had a lot of NFL experience. This guy seems to be way too much of a bro. We will see. 

Not sure the last guy to be fired by a meh college with a losing record despite an elite QB and gets hired the next year as an NFL head coach. 

Cliffy is shredded!!

.....Save this post.....because it will need to be displayed right next to my Mahomes predictions here.....

The Cardinals made this hire because they are going to draft Haskins.

The way to look at this for Arizona isn't that they have a QB and can trade the 1/1 in the draft....(of course they COULD) but instead....look at like a chance to choose between Rosen or Haskins.  Arizona absolutely has that choice right now.

If you hire Kingsbury, who is going to install a spread, air it out type offense...you want HASKINS running that, not Rosen.  

The Arizona front office, by firing Wilks after only one season, has already shown they aren't afraid to move on from a mistake after 1 year and get someone they think is better.

Haskins is better than Rosen.

Arizona will keep that pick, draft Haskins, and trade Rosen to the highest bidder.  I predict that bidder will be the Saints, who will probably be able to pick up Rosen for a 4th round pick...get a first round talent into their system to be the heir to Brees and fix their succession problem with a player who is still talented, on a rookie deal, that only costs a 3 or a 4 to kick the tires on?  

As for as Kingsbury as a HC...he has HC experience tyring to win in Lubbock, TX.  He's proven he knows how to look at QB's and got them out to that ****hole to play college football.  He knows offense..the leauge is clearly trending offense....this is about offense...Kliff will hire an experienced D coordinator...again, the man understand how to lead, delegate etc.....

4 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

.....Save this post.....because it will need to be displayed right next to my Mahomes predictions here.....

The way to look at this for Arizona isn't that they have a QB and can trade the 1/1 in the draft....(of course they COULD) but instead....look at like a chance to choose between Rosen or Haskins.  Arizona absolutely has that choice right now.

If you hire Kingsbury, who is going to install a spread, air it out type offense...you want HASKINS running that, not Rosen.  

The Arizona front office, by firing Wilks after only one season, has already shown they aren't afraid to move on from a mistake after 1 year and get someone they think is better.

Arizona will keep that pick, draft Haskins, and trade Rosen to the highest bidder.  I predict that bidder will be the Saints, who will probably be able to pick up Rosen for a 4th round pick...get a first round talent into their system to be the heir to Brees and fix their succession problem with a player who is still talented, on a rookie deal, that only costs a 3 or a 4 to kick the tires on?  

As for as Kingsbury as a HC...he has HC experience tyring to win in Lubbock, TX.  He's proven he knows how to look at QB's and got them out to that ****hole to play college football.  He knows offense..the leauge is clearly trending offense....this is about offense...Kliff will hire an experienced D coordinator...again, the man understand how to lead, delegate etc.....

not happening.

they arent moving on from Rosen after one year. Remember how bad Goff was , they are hoping Cliff can do the same with Rosen.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

not happening.

they arent moving on from Rosen after one year. Remember how bad Goff was , they are hoping Cliff can do the same with Rosen.

If they didn't have the choice of Rosen or Haskins, then of course...but if you believe the better QB is right there to take, you take him.

If I'm a Cardinals fan -- I think there are a few hundred or so out there -- I don't know that I'm very excited about this hire.  Anyone perceived as a "bright young offensive mind" is the flavor of the day, yet this guy has achieved almost no success as a head coach in college.  Oh well, he's young and buff so he can attract the female fan base I guess.

4 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Let me get this straight: you think that Steve Keim, who traded up to draft Josh Rosen in April, hired a coach specifically so that he can draft a different QB at No. 1 overall a mere year after trading up to get his current QB, just to turn and deal the QB that he traded up to get to a team in the same conference for a 4th round pick?

That would effectively mean that Keim gave up Rosen, a 3rd round pick, and a 5th round pick for a 4th round pick.

Well, that definitely qualifies as a bold prediction.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

If I'm a Cardinals fan -- I think there are a few hundred or so out there -- I don't know that I'm very excited about this hire.  Anyone perceived as a "bright young offensive mind" is the flavor of the day, yet this guy has achieved almost no success as a head coach in college.  Oh well, he's young and buff so he can attract the female fan base I guess.

Dude, you would be over the moon if the Bills did this. Stop lying.  It means they are fully investing in their young qb.  

His resume of developing nfl qbs is about as good of any recent coach his age.  Doesn’t mean it will work but I would bet on him being better than Brian Daboll.

9 minutes ago, zevo said:

Be very interesting to see what kind of qualified nfl staff he can build..

And that’s the key.  

Imo, it is much easier to find good defensive coaches that offensive ones.  

13 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i think that's a bit premature. this guy must have a nice pr firm cause he's a bit hyped at the moment

Dan Patrick just said he’s from the “Friends of Sean McVay Coaching Tree” ... like the Cardinals actually put that in the press release that they are friends ?

Edited by YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude, you would be over the moon if the Bills did this. Stop lying.  It means they are fully investing in their young qb.  

His resume of developing nfl qbs is about as good of any recent coach his age.  Doesn’t mean it will work but I would bet on him being better than Brian Daboll.

And that’s the key.  

I'll reserve my judgement about how much the Bills are investing in their young QB until after free agency and the draft.   There are plenty of examples in the NFL of defensive gurus presiding over the development of HOF QB's with the most obvious being Bellichick & Brady.