2021 Season Prediction: The press will be referring to Trevor Lawrence as a "poor man's Josh Allen"

9 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

And I project, teams will be tanking for Lawerence and/or giving up the house for the chance to draft him, while Allen will have won some games with his ability and established himself as a starting NFL QB, but he'll also have lost games due to some poor throws and there will be questions if he can ever win a big game

I am very lucky to know for certain you are wrong. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I would definitely take a career like that. I'm just saying Lawerence will be viewed as Luck or Manning where everyone will think he's the future of NFL before he takes a snap. While Josh will be considered a solid NFL QB. The whole notion of a "Poor Mans Josh Allen" is laughable, Lawerence already accomplished more in college then Allen did 

...and that means what exactly?

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Lawrence is a generational talent. While I warmed up to Allen, he has never had a game that good against a Mountain West opponents on a Saturday afternoon, let alone Bama in a national title game.

Allen is a grinder and will do whatever it takes to win. Lawrence is a natural QB that makes the game look easy

If Allen continues to develope he will probably be refered to as the GOAT.  Lawrence has played one season of college ball correct. 

Allen is the generational talent.  I dont believe there has ever been a QB with an arm like that that could move like he does.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

23 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Pretty sure the OP was having fun quipping into the future NFL wise; not comparing college careers.  

There is no fun allowed during a Bills off-season. If TBD posters don't keep their eyes focused on the prize, there is good chance the Bills run of winning the last nine straight off seasons could come to a screeching halt.  Stay focused. Trust the Process. Build a Bully.   But please no fun. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Sad thing is by the time he's available the Patriots might finally be having some bad seasons.

Oh no. Mr. Bill can't get the next goat

800px-SNL_MrBill_Doll.jpg

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

5 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

By 2021,  I fully expect Josh Allen to have locked down the spot as the  premier AFC QB, surpassing a by then aging Andrew Luck and pretenders to the throne like Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.  By then ESPN's new  junior host Josh Rosen will be referring to rookie Trevor Lawrence (drafted by the Jets to replace the failed turnover machine known as Sam Darnold) as a "poor man's Josh Allen"  . The Jets new 2021 head coach will quoted as saying "If Trevor can be 75% the QB Josh Allen is, we consider the pick a huge home run"

Trevor Lawrence? Dont you mean Sunshine?

5 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

By 2021,  I fully expect Josh Allen to have locked down the spot as the  premier AFC QB, surpassing a by then aging Andrew Luck and pretenders to the throne like Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.  By then ESPN's new  junior host Josh Rosen will be referring to rookie Trevor Lawrence (drafted by the Jets to replace the failed turnover machine known as Sam Darnold) as a "poor man's Josh Allen"  . The Jets new 2021 head coach will quoted as saying "If Trevor can be 75% the QB Josh Allen is, we consider the pick a huge home run"

We will win the SuperBowl and the same 10 fans will say Allen is a bust Foster and Zay are #5 WR at best and McBeane should be fired.

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Lawrence is a generational talent. While I warmed up to Allen, he has never had a game that good against a Mountain West opponents on a Saturday afternoon, let alone Bama in a national title game.

Allen is a grinder and will do whatever it takes to win. Lawrence is a natural QB that makes the game look easy

Peterman beat a national Champion.  Just saying.  College is college and beating Bama doesn’t guarantee future success.  It’s a long way to the draft and NFL.  Typical over reaction on the kid.  

Dont get me wrong...He’s got boat loads of potential, but the NFL is littered with the bodies of stud can’t miss college QBs.  He could be the next Luck and keep living up to the hype and be a clear number 1 pick, or he could come back and be the next Matt Leinart, Jake Locker or Brian Brown, guys expected to improve into the first pick when they come out just to see the shine wear down a bit as they played more college.  

If I had to bet today, I would bet on this kid playing well and being the #1 pick.  He’s on a talented team and will continue to be.  But, I don’t like to over react to people too early.  Seen this story wayyyyyy too many times of guys being crowned in college or pros after one season to the story not look the same the years after.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Peterman beat a national Champion.  Just saying.  College is college and beating Bama doesn’t guarantee future success.  It’s a long way to the draft and NFL.  Typical over reaction on the kid.  

Dont get me wrong...He’s got boat loads of potential, but the NFL is littered with the bodies of stud can’t miss college QBs.  He could be the next Luck and keep living up to the hype and be a clear number 1 pick, or he could come back and be the next Matt Leinart, Jake Locker or Brian Brown, guys expected to improve into the first pick when they come out just to see the shine wear down a bit as they played more college.  

If I had to bet today, I would bet on this kid playing well and being the #1 pick.  He’s on a talented team and will continue to be.  But, I don’t like to over react to people too early.  Seen this story wayyyyyy too many times of guys being crowned in college or pros after one season to the story not look the same the years after.  

He had some solid pocket prensece for a freshman taking big hits but getting the passes off in time ...maybe not perfect passes but he gave his WRs a chance. 

Him stepping up getting hit by a lineman and throwing a strike over and over again was impressive 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

A 31-year-old Andrew Luck will not be "aging."

9 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Me, I predict that after digging under the surface of the moon, they will indeed find green cheese.

I mean, your prediction could come true, but there's no particular reason to think it will. So far at least they appear to be completely different types. One from a huge program, one from a tiny one. And Lawrence has already had more success passing than Josh ever had in college or the NFL yet, for that matter. 

No apparent similarities.

Edited by Thurman#1

13 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

i dont know about that, Lawrence was and is highly touted prospect whereas Allen could only get to Wyoming and didnt play the greatest.

however i do feel Allen will be a top NFL QB and give McBeane credit for seeing his talent and mind set and forecasting that into the NFL.