2021 Season Prediction: The press will be referring to Trevor Lawrence as a "poor man's Josh Allen"

By 2021,  I fully expect Josh Allen to have locked down the spot as the  premier AFC QB, surpassing a by then aging Andrew Luck and pretenders to the throne like Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.  By then ESPN's new  junior host Josh Rosen will be referring to rookie Trevor Lawrence (drafted by the Jets to replace the failed turnover machine known as Sam Darnold) as a "poor man's Josh Allen"  . The Jets new 2021 head coach will quoted as saying "If Trevor can be 75% the QB Josh Allen is, we consider the pick a huge home run"

Edited by PlayoffsPlease
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

By 2021,  I fully expect Josh Allen to have locked down the spot as the  premier AFC QB, surpassing a by then aging Andrew Luck and pretenders to the throne like Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.  By then ESPN's new  junior host Josh Rosen will be referring to rookie Trevor Lawrence (drafted by the Jets to replace the failed turnover machine known as Sam Darnold) as a "poor man's Josh Allen"  . The Jets new 2021 head coach will quoted as saying "If Trevor can be 75% the QB Josh Allen is, we consider the pick a huge home run"

PM me your peyote guys contact info if possible. I need to upgrade!

Seriously though, I think Lawrence is going to be a really good one. You could be right on Rosen.

• Haha (+1) 1

Not even close to the same kind of QB.

Allen is literally Superman. 6’5 240 and can pretty much do anything on the field physically 

Sunshine, is way more a traditional QB... Cerebral, picture perfect lower body mechanics, effortless release, precision, throws in the face of pressure

Both can be outstanding but Trevor is wayyyy ahead of Allen at 19

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Please let it be Wrecks again, please !!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Josh Allen's ceiling is not known,. but it could be extremely high.  Think Aaron Rodgers.   On the other hand, while it's early, (by a couple years) it would not be shocking to see Trevor Lawrence become the top overall pick in the 2021 draft.  It that's the case, he's not going to be known as "poor man's" anything.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Josh Allen's ceiling is not known,. but it could be extremely high.  Think Aaron Rodgers.   On the other hand, while it's early, (by a couple years) it would not be shocking to see Trevor Lawrence become the top overall pick in the 2021 draft.  It that's the case, he's not going to be known as "poor man's" anything.

that's for sure!

36 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Whatever you're on, Don't Bogart it

Doesn't he kind of have the exact opposite backstory to Allen though? Allen went unrecruited and managed to claw his way to Wyoming an at best middle level Mountain West team. Trevor Lawrence was the highest rated QB recruit and ended up at a College Championship competing team. Does he have a similar play style or something?

I mean I'm definitely hoping for Allen to become a great QB which I suppose would mean people would make bad comparisons to him for upcoming QBs in the draft.

Edited by Warcodered

2021 is a long way away.  Mahomes is playing great while surrounded by a great offensive cast.  How will he do as that cast ages, leaves as FAs, gets injured, gets traded for defensive help...?  I don't know. I think he'll always be at least very good, and will be outstanding when he has help.

Mayfield is also playing great but with less help than Mahomes has. He might become the best of the bunch.

Darnold looks like he'll develop into an excellent QB.

Allen.  Who knows what he'll do with a better O line and receivers?  The Bills can't win relying on him as their best QB and RB, and no RB will be effective behind our O line.  And Allen does need to get better, too.  Can't miss the easy throws, Josh.

If you compare their career trajectories, Josh Allen started so far behind Trevor Lawrence it's not even funny.  Lawrence has been bred to be the next can't miss NFL QB prospect, while Allen has had to fight for everything and is still learning.  Last season was probably the best year of coaching he ever received and it's not close.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Utah John said:

2021 is a long way away.  Mahomes is playing great while surrounded by a great offensive cast.  How will he do as that cast ages, leaves as FAs, gets injured, gets traded for defensive help...?  I don't know. I think he'll always be at least very good, and will be outstanding when he has help.

Mayfield is also playing great but with less help than Mahomes has. He might become the best of the bunch.

Darnold looks like he'll develop into an excellent QB.

Allen.  Who knows what he'll do with a better O line and receivers?  The Bills can't win relying on him as their best QB and RB, and no RB will be effective behind our O line.  And Allen does need to get better, too.  Can't miss the easy throws, Josh.

Image result for emma stone saying yes

Lawrence is a generational talent. While I warmed up to Allen, he has never had a game that good against a Mountain West opponents on a Saturday afternoon, let alone Bama in a national title game.

Allen is a grinder and will do whatever it takes to win. Lawrence is a natural QB that makes the game look easy

Far more likely that people here will be screaming for the Bills to tank so they can draft him.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Kid reminds me of Spicolli on FastTimes at Ridgemont High. “Who ordered a pizza?...Right here dude!”

Learning about Cuba and having some food!