2021 Season Prediction: The press will be referring to Trevor Lawrence as a "poor man's Josh Allen"

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Doesn't he kind of have the exact opposite backstory to Allen though? Allen went unrecruited and managed to claw his way to Wyoming an at best middle level Mountain West team. Trevor Lawrence was the highest rated QB recruit and ended up at a College Championship competing team. Does he have a similar play style or something?

I mean I'm definitely hoping for Allen to become a great QB which I suppose would mean people would make bad comparisons to him for upcoming QBs in the draft.

The similarities are height, toughness and running ability.  I don't care about the back stories. 

8 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Lawrence is a generational talent. While I warmed up to Allen, he has never had a game that good against a Mountain West opponents on a Saturday afternoon, let alone Bama in a national title game.

Allen is a grinder and will do whatever it takes to win. Lawrence is a natural QB that makes the game look easy

Its not 2021 yet. You need to be able to project. 

3 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The similarities are height, toughness and running ability.  I don't care about the back stories. 

I really hope Allen is known for more than Being Tall, Tough, and Fast by 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I really hope Allen is known for more than Being Tall, Tough, and Fast by 2021.

If you read my original you will see that I explicitly projected him to be the premier AFC QB. And Trevor Lawrence won't be.  But Trevor will be tall, tough and a good runner.  Hence trevor will only be the poor man's Josh Allen.  Its not too complicated. Try to keep up. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Not even close to the same kind of QB.

Allen is literally Superman. 6’5 240 and can pretty much do anything on the field physically 

Sunshine, is way more a traditional QB... Cerebral, picture perfect lower body mechanics, effortless release, precision, throws in the face of pressure

Both can be outstanding but Trevor is wayyyy ahead of Allen at 19

Good assessment.  I think Josh has more mobility and arm strength but Trevor's pocket poise is off the charts for a freshman. 

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Good assessment.  I think Josh has more mobility and arm strength but Trevor's pocket poise is off the charts for a freshman. 

Josh definitely has more mobility, athleticism and arm strength 

but trevors precision and poise in the pocket like you said is on another level

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

He is a 19 year old true Freshmen , that will come with time 

he has a lean body and good muscle definition, just not bulk yet

Yea I agree would like to see him around 225-230lbs. Very young and very impressive player. Excited to see him in the next couple of years. Please stay away from the AFC East ?

Just now, wppete said:

Yea I agree would like to see him around 225-230lbs. Very young and very impressive player. Excited to see him in the next couple of years. Please stay away from the AFC East ?

#1 for me is keep him the heck out of the AFC east!

and he definitely can pack on some weight , he’s a tall kid. Should only get his arm stronger and body more durable

230 is perfect when he comes out

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

While Lawrence threw some great balls; he had his fair share of whiffs last night too.  

He is a 19 year old true Freshmen 

There has NEVER been a 19 year old QB look as good as him throughout a season in the modern era of football . Let alone at a P5 school

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is a 19 year old true Freshmen 

There has NEVER been a 19 year old QB look as good as him throughout a season in the modern era of football . Let alone at a P5 school

Good for him.  He won't be available for the Bills in 2020 or 2021 because the Bills will be winning a ton of games!  Sorry.

52 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

And I project, teams will be tanking for Lawerence and/or giving up the house for the chance to draft him, while Allen will have won some games with his ability and established himself as a starting NFL QB, but he'll also have lost games due to some poor throws and there will be questions if he can ever win a big game

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

And I project, teams will be tanking for Lawerence and/or giving up the house for the chance to draft him, while Allen will have won some games with his ability and established himself as a starting NFL QB, but he'll also have lost games due to some poor throws and there will be questions if he can ever win a big game 

Sounds a lot like Phillip Rivers.  You wouldn't take a career like that.

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Sounds a lot like Phillip Rivers.  You wouldn't take a career like that.

I would definitely take a career like that. I'm just saying Lawerence will be viewed as Luck or Manning where everyone will think he's the future of NFL before he takes a snap. While Josh will be considered a solid NFL QB. The whole notion of a "Poor Mans Josh Allen" is laughable, Lawerence already accomplished more in college then Allen did