SDS

New Restricted Prospects Member Group

Hapless Bills Fan

Further posts ignoring the purpose of Scott's thread, which is to get constructive feedback on his recent changes to member groups, will be deleted. 

Thanks.

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

I've been here awhile, and I don't post often. I actually do praise other people's posts daily, though, giving positive reactions. I don't post much ecause I don't like being a loudmouth, but it's kinda sad not to be able to support other people's opinions I agree with 😪

• Like (+1) 6

Ok, I have taken some of these concerns into account.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

There was a minimum count on the BBMB if I recall correctly.

It can be pretty prohibitive, but it’s great for the community overall, I think. New posters need to view it as a time to learn the community and appreciate the posters before their opinion gets to be front and center. We have a ton of posters who come on here and their first post is a thread with a crazy hot take following a game and then Hapless or Scott, or the other mods end up wasting time to close threads. We also get too many trolls, and I assume there are a lot of duplicate accounts made to parrot takes, or rage against something or other without risking the primary. 

i don’t want it to be too restrictive, but as someone who watched and read for a long time before joining (and then was even slower to post a new topic/thread) I think this is a fine and helpful standard.

Thanks for the hard work mods- this is a great place to talk bills football. I was upset when the BBMB went dark, and I was happy to find this place.

Yes it was a whopping 25 posts.

Thanks SDS, this should cut back on a lot of the duplicate threads

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Thanks SDS, this should cut back on a lot of the duplicate threads

I don't see it having an affect on that.

Just now, SDS said:

Fair enough, thought it would

I have been a member since 2002 but very rarely post. I just come here to get information and read the lively discussions. I think the changes are needed and have no issue with the restrictions.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

along with my postings in the member rankings thread, could automatically promote them to the regular member user group based upon 'Reputation' level. it would be automatic and you wouldn't have to give it a second thought as it would be automated.

Doesn't the reputation level also include negative reactions to posts, or does it only count the positive reactions?

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Get your posts boys

Ratchet up the post count with junk posts to end-around the system: meet Mjolnir.

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

You have probably taken a more systematic look, my impression is it may.

Thanks for the new process and listening.  This is a great site and the work is appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I have been a member since 2002 but very rarely post. I just come here to get information and read the lively discussions. I think the changes are needed and have no issue with the restrictions.

Weird, your account should not have been moved. 

7 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Ha. It’s fixed. Must be a delay in when the things are run in the background. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Doesn't the reputation level also include negative reactions to posts, or does it only count the positive reactions?

yes, rep level includes all reactions. however, each reaction has a value associated with it to determine the weighting. i can't be sure due to my addled memory here but i do believe i remember @SDS stating that negative reactions had a neutral (0) value assigned to them, thereby giving them no weight.

Edited by Foxx

I think going to a TBD tailgate should bump a prospects ranking 🤣🤪

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Maybe not so much restrict them from making new topics, but possibly they have to be approved if they're in the "Prospect" phase. Unless that's too much work for you guys. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

My number one critique of new posters is the starting of threads.  That right should be at least somewhat earned.

Agree that's why they create accounts to start new trolling threads.  And if if they are legit, waiting awhile to understand the board and how to respond isn't a bad thing.

Posted (edited)

Looks like I'm on probation. I've had an account here since 2011. Lurk often. Probably trustworthy.

Edited by gregor7777
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gregor7777 said:

Looks like I'm on probation. I've had an account here since 2011. Lurk often. Probably trustworthy.

If you've been here since 2011, and have 20 posts, you probably won't mind being on probation, no?

:P

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I've been here awhile, and I don't post often. I actually do praise other people's posts daily, though, giving positive reactions. I don't post much ecause I don't like being a loudmouth, but it's kinda sad not to be able to support other people's opinions I agree with 😪

I have been waiting for to post so I can say I appreciate the old Greg avatar 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

This.   I completely understand the new system and why its necessary, but not being able to do the googly eyes or thumbs up on Bad/good posts will take some getting used to.  Til im out of the doghouse at least

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, gregor7777 said:

That rank has been in effect since you joined. That didn't change today.

6 minutes ago, Moulds_80 said:

This.   I completely understand the new system and why its necessary, but not being able to do the googly eyes or thumbs up on Bad/good posts will take some getting used to.  Til im out of the doghouse at least

Something funky is going on. I must not have the logic right. I'm working on it.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Something funky is going on. I must not have the logic right. I'm working on it.

Thanks man.  I cant imagine doing all the coding and behind the scenes stuff to keep this place running.  Thanks for everything you do!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Moulds_80 said:

Thanks man.  I cant imagine doing all the coding and behind the scenes stuff to keep this place running.  Thanks for everything you do!

Agreed, I've been on a few different forums and this is one of the smoothest operations I've ever seen.