Trump To Address The Nation Tonight

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What's amazing is how limited their response was. They delivered a response to the speech they THOUGHT Trump was going to give, or the speech they WANTED Trump to give. Instead, Trump delivered a fact based speech which - instead of rewriting their response to mirror what was actually said - Chuck and Nancy ignored and responded to ghosts instead. 

Why?

Because they have no ability to negotiate or move off their position due to the prog-left holding them hostage. 

It's great to see.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What's amazing is how limited their response was. They delivered a response to the speech they THOUGHT Trump was going to give, or the speech they WANTED Trump to give. Instead, Trump delivered a fact based speech which - instead of rewriting their response to mirror what was actually said - Chuck and Nancy ignored and responded to ghosts instead. 

Why?

Because they have no ability to negotiate or move off their position due to the prog-left holding them hostage. 

It's great to see.

I think this shutdown is throwing Nancy for a loop... she is so used to the kabuki theater in which the GOPe pretends to be strong and offer "opposition"  to Democratic legislation before they cave in (every stinkin' time) that she is off her game with President Trump.  

It will be mighty interesting to see how this plays out. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why?

Because they have no ability to negotiate or move off their positionplen due to the prog-left holding them hostage. 

It's great to see.

Plenz must now be a Trump supporter due to the facts provided...no? 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I strongly dispute Pelosi is being held hostage by anyone.  She has a long history of this nonsense - if anything, she's holding everyone else hostage.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I strongly dispute Pelosi is being held hostage by anyone.  She has a long history of this nonsense - if anything, she's holding everyone else hostage.

If she’s holding people hostage then violence is appropriate. 

On 1/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, Foxx said:

English language requirement

Procedural safeguards for naturalization were enacted. Knowledge of English was made a basic requirement.

resource

California Poll

The latest telephone poll taken by the California Governor's office, asked whether people who live in California think illegal immigration is a serious problem:
29% of respondents answered: "Yes, it is a serious problem."
 71% of respondents answered: "No es una problema seriosa."
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

She does have a history of nonsense - she also has a history of being politically savvy. This is a losing proposition for her and the left and she knows it. Yet she's going down with the ship because unlike her last tour as speaker she can't get the dems in a room and whip them into shape. There are too many progressives now who barely voted for her leadership and would be voted out by their prog-fascist base if they are seen as capitulating on "Trump's wall". 

I wonder if there is a California, New Mexico, Texas, etc study that correlates to this Arizona study? (55 pages long)

Undocumented Immigrants, U.S. Citizens, and Convicted Criminals in Arizona
John R. Lott
Crime Prevention Research Center

Date Written: February 10, 2018

Abstract

Using newly released detailed data on all prisoners who entered the Arizona state prison from January 1985 through June 2017, we are able to separate non-U.S. citizens by whether they are illegal or legal residents. Unlike other studies, these data do not rely on self-reporting of criminal backgrounds. Undocumented immigrants are at least 142% more likely to be convicted of a crime than other Arizonans. They also tend to commit more serious crimes and serve 10.5% longer sentences, more likely to be classified as dangerous, and 45% more likely to be gang members than U.S. citizens. 

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She does have a history of nonsense - she also has a history of being politically savvy. This is a losing proposition for her and the left and she knows it. Yet she's going down with the ship because unlike her last tour as speaker she can't get the dems in a room and whip them into shape. There are too many progressives now who barely voted for her leadership and would be voted out by their prog-fascist base if they are seen as capitulating on "Trump's wall". 

There's a reason that one of the recent House rule changes was to eliminate the ability to have a vote of no confidence for the Speaker.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

There's a reason that one of the recent House rule changes was to eliminate the ability to have a vote of no confidence for the Speaker.

Because she knows there are enough House Democrats willing to join with Republicans for a vote of no confidence to pass

On 1/9/2019 at 4:24 PM, The_Dude said:

Did people actually watch the address and if so, why?

I watched because a Presidential address from the Oval Office holds the gravitas for everyone from MAGA hat wearers to the most acute cases of TDS to watch and consider the message.

I also gave Chuck and Nancy the time for their rebuttal.  But to be honest, their various ways of saying #orangemanbad have already been lost to me.  All that I remember was the first few seconds, when I saw the two of them at the podium and thinking to myself how the Internet is going to tear that image of the two of them apart

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

LOL, I noticed the GOP senator is wavering on Trump. Cutting off those food stamps must be terrifying to the people in WV 

Bad timing.  It's past roadkill season...

But hey...every West Virginian who starves to death is one less Trump supporter voting in 2020, right?  We'll even call it "Dekulakization, y'all!"

• Like (+1) 1