Bills only have 8 UFAs this year.... a look at each

YoloinOhio

Lorenzo Alexander - Bring back at $2.5

Jordan Phillips - Sign for 3 yrs

John Miller - jordan mills - Ryan Groy - jeremiah Sirles - I see 2 of these guys being kept (but ultimately it will be after heavy input from the new OC coach)

Taiwan jones - Jones was key to the ST and it's not a coincidence the unit collapsed after his injury.  But the guy is consistently hurt and had only two injury free season in his 8 yr career

deonte Thompson - Gone

Someone is going to offer Mills low end starter money and it wont be the Bills.

Even made of glass Seantrel Henderson got $4M last year..

I think he is gone...time to move on..

Maybe  Miller stays for depth, but wouldn’t be surprised if he gets an offer from somewhere else..

I think the Bills are already in agreement on Zo, and talking to Jordan Phillips.  As fare as offensive linemen on that list, yeah they might want to sign ta few for competition, but nobody is a must have player.  If they sign with sombody else, they can be replaced.

The thing about Sirles, Groy, Mills & Miller, imo, is the dramatic -if oft overlooked- change in offensive philosophy taking place in the League. Gone (likely forever) is a team ‘style’ of blocking, as nearly all teams strategize specifically for the next opponent. We were seemingly forever caught with new coaching regimes trying to build zone blockers from a growing road grader OL and vis versa, never accomplishing either. Certainly Dabol constructs this new way and it’s likely the reason McD has sought out Kugler early for OL coach. He has history in college & Denver of adjusting blocking schemes and personnel packages based on upcoming opponents. I understand the League is seriously considering dropping the inactives or at least expanding game day rosters, which coincides with specific groupings as well as injury protection. 

So, if it’s believed Mills & Sirles together on one side benefits running that way to this weeks opponent, for example, but Sirles and Groy on the other side is a better pass blocking combo vs a superstar DL, then the more experienced OL become even more valuable. I’m not so quick to dump any OL who’ve shown skills now, as I used to be. The time-tested days of building one super OL are fast disappearing. Again, my opinion.

Plus, these guys are cheap!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

The OL is a difficult decision because it's hard to tell if the unit's struggles were from a lack of talent or Castillo's crap coaching.  

that's why I'm in favor of brining them both back.  1.  they should be cheap, 2. we will FA/draft people in those positions and this will provide some depth. 

27 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The thing about Sirles, Groy, Mills & Miller, imo, is the dramatic -if oft overlooked- change in offensive philosophy taking place in the League. Gone (likely forever) is a team ‘style’ of blocking, as nearly all teams strategize specifically for the next opponent. We were seemingly forever caught with new coaching regimes trying to build zone blockers from a growing road grader OL and vis versa, never accomplishing either. Certainly Dabol constructs this new way and it’s likely the reason McD has sought out Kugler early for OL coach. He has history in college & Denver of adjusting blocking schemes and personnel packages based on upcoming opponents. I understand the League is seriously considering dropping the inactives or at least expanding game day rosters, which coincides with specific groupings as well as injury protection.  

So, if it’s believed Mills & Sirles together on one side benefits running that way to this weeks opponent, for example, but Sirles and Groy on the other side is a better pass blocking combo vs a superstar DL, then the more experienced OL become even more valuable. I’m not so quick to dump any OL who’ve shown skills now, as I used to be. The time-tested days of building one super OL are fast disappearing. Again, my opinion. 

Plus, these guys are cheap!

totally agree.  And cheap depth that has experience playing together is a good thing, IMO.