The Quarterback Shuffle 2019

With a handful of notable QBs likely to, or expected to, leave their team, I'm curious in opinions or thoughts on where they may end up. Considering the lack of expected potential via draft at the position, I could see teams more willing to look to free agency for a signal caller. Here are my guesses:

Flacco: Jaxonville 

Tannehill: Washington

Tyrod: Baltimore (backs up Lamar)

Manning: Retires

Bridgewater: Miami

My scenario leaves the Giants with a glaring need atvQB, where they could trade for Nick Mullens or select the highest ranked QB in the draft. 

The other interesting scenario is Foles/Wentz in Phili, but ill let that play out to make a guess as to what happens. 

Lmk if I'm missing anyone

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Flacco on the Titans would probably make them more of a contender. I’m not sure they give up on MM yet.

Tyrod to Baltimore would be great for AFC teams and their wild card hopes. Talk about doubling down on stupid by the Ravens.

Tannehill and the Skins is the perfect combo of MEHHHH.

Best landing spot for Foles/Wentz would be NYG but you know they won’t make that deal in the division. That will be the most interesting off season story outside of the will he won’t he retire (Brady and BB).

i could see the jags and chucky make a deal for carr. marrone knows he needs an established talent to compete in that division. he doesn't have time for a rookie to develop.

i can see flacco going to washington.

i suppose bridgewater to miami as well as miami drafting one but,  i think they'll keep tannehil and draft his replacement.

i think the eagles will move a qb and bruce ariens and tampa would probably be a great situation for foles.

i can also see the pats working a deal for mullens.

i think the titans should sign bradford as a backup.

i think toorod will stay in cleveland as a backup or go to be the no. 2 in denver.

i believe the giants will draft one high and ride with eli one more year.

and lastly, i  think denver will draft one high. they have to pay keenum anyway. maybe they give chad another shot.

Edited by billsredneck1

18 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

With a handful of notable QBs likely to, or expected to, leave their team, I'm curious in opinions or thoughts on where they may end up. Considering the lack of expected potential via draft at the position, I could see teams more willing to look to free agency for a signal caller. Here are my guesses:

My scenario leaves the Giants with a glaring need atvQB, where they could trade for Nick Mullens or select the highest ranked QB in the draft. 

The other interesting scenario is Foles/Wentz in Phili, but ill let that play out to make a guess as to what happens. 

To this point I don't see any indication Eli Manning is contemplating retirement.  There's a connection to Jacksonville with Couglin.  Buyers should be wary of Foles.  My suspicion is that his success with the Eagles is purely situational and whether his game can translate to another team is questionable.  And we don't know for sure the Eagles will move him as we don't know what's going on with Wentz as this is his second major injury in two seasons.   I don't think the Broncos are satisfied with Keenum so I'd add them to teams looking to upgrade or change.  Wonder if Elway regrets passing on Josh Allen or Josh Rosen when both were there for him?  Maybe Flacco to Washington?  This would eliminate the need to uproot and move as its not a very far drive from Baltimore.  I don't see the 49ers trading Mullens as he's a cheap, young back up.  Maybe throw in the Raiders as you never know what Gruden is thinking so maybe Carr will be in play too. 

Other teams that need to start thinking about the future soon.  Chargers, Patriots, Lions as Stafford really hasn't done anything for them the past several seasons.  

What's great is the Bills are not on the list.  For the first time in a long time they are set at the QB spot going into the off season with Allen, Barkley, and Anderson.  They have some needs to address elsewhere on offense and defense but they are at positions. 

Bridgewater to NYG makes sense. He had a chance to make decent money but didn’t show out, so he’ll probably be looking at something more in line with low level starter. Gives the giants a good backup/someone to plug in if Manning falters. Also, Schumer had him in MIN. 

Also, I think David Carr will legitimately be on the market. I think the giants make too much sense for that as well.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

My guess

Tannehill - Jacksonville - He's good at handoffs and dumpoffs

Flacco - Oakland/Vegas with a rookie behind him.  I don't think they can move carr for much of anything as his base salary is very high for a back-up QB.  

Tyrod - Washington

Foles - Miami - This probably depends on the coach, but i assume he'd want to go to NYG with Shurmur... but they won't trade in the division and i think Miami may give them the best offer of picks/players

Manning - i think he sticks for a year with a rookie eventually taking over.  If not, Fitzpatrick and a rookie. 

Bridgewater - Tampa 

Carr - New Orleans, Cincinnati, or New England

I think RG3 sticks in baltimore as LJ's backup