The Quarterback Shuffle 2019

On 1/8/2019 at 4:15 AM, Peace Frog said:

I love that the Bills finally, FINALLY, don't have a QB situation that needs to be resolved going into the offseason.  About time.

We are not out of the waters yet. Next year is the year we determine if Allen is the guy. He needs to continue to improve. If he stagnates, there will be many here calling him a bust.

Edited by from_dunkirk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

We are not out of the waters yet. Next year is the year we determine if Allen is the guy. He needs to continue to improve. If he stagnates, there will be many here calling him a bust.

The way I see it - he'll get the 2019 and 2020 seasons no matter what. I have faith Allen will be solid with a better line and better weapons. But if he fails in year three, you move heaven and earth to get to #1 in 2021 for Trevor Lawrence. That would be my plan.

On 1/8/2019 at 5:41 AM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

With a handful of notable QBs likely to, or expected to, leave their team, I'm curious in opinions or thoughts on where they may end up. Considering the lack of expected potential via draft at the position, I could see teams more willing to look to free agency for a signal caller. Here are my guesses:

Flacco: Jaxonville 

Tannehill: Washington

Tyrod: Baltimore (backs up Lamar)

Manning: Retires

Bridgewater: Miami

My scenario leaves the Giants with a glaring need atvQB, where they could trade for Nick Mullens or select the highest ranked QB in the draft. 

The other interesting scenario is Foles/Wentz in Phili, but ill let that play out to make a guess as to what happens. 

Lmk if I'm missing anyone

Well, so, it will play out now.

The interesting thing is that Foles has the right to void his contract and become a FA, at the cost of $2M. 

I'm sure the Eagles want to trade him, but given his experience with crap OCs and crap offense on the Rams, Foles is not going to go just anywhere.

• 2 months later...