Does CFB Championship game end the “they can beat a pro team” stuff finally?

Alphadawg7

So does the CFB Championship game mean Clemson can beat the Bills?!?!  LMAO

Still hilarious at all the Alabama would beat the Bills talk, Bills can’t cover the spread, etc. when they just got whooped by another College team.  

I hope this “So and So College team can beat So and So Pro team” stuff finally dies.  It’s a farce.  

GO BILLS!  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Week 1 at Alabama with Nate Peterman starting...it would have been close.

Kidding aside, that Clemson QB is something special.  He's be a top 10 pick this year as a 19 year old true freshman.  

And very difficult to think Clemson was missing one of their best d lineman.  Not sure if Shaq starts on that line right now

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Still hilarious at all the Alabama would beat the Bills talk, Bills can’t cover the spread, etc. when they just got whooped by another College team.  

I hope this “So and So College team can beat So and So Pro team” stuff finally dies.  It’s a farce.  

GO BILLS!  

its the most idiotic narrative honestly..even the worst nfl team ever would beat the brakes off the best college team..

Alabama got torched by johnny manziel a player thats in the cfl purgatory atm much less the nfl. 

Edited by bills11
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I dunno, but I sure feel a heck of a lot better about Notre Dame after tonight's game!   Clemson may have victimized ND deep a few times when Julian Love was out, but they didn't march up and down the field at will and take a mercy knee to keep from going over 50!   :lol:

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Kidding aside, that Clemson QB is something special.  He's be a top 10 pick this year as a 19 year old true freshman.  

And very difficult to think Clemson was missing one of their best d lineman.  Not sure if Shaq starts on that line right now

I think he’d go #1 overall. I have never seen a kid that young play the game so well. He is going to be special, hopefully not for the fish or pats*.

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

GO BILLS!  

As long as there are lazy sports-talk radio hosts, that topic will exist. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

GO BILLS!  

I read that Alabama said they could beat the Cardinals.  They said the Cardinals were trash and they would beat them.   

It would never happen, the NFL team would always win.  There is a big difference between the NFL and the best college team.  This can be put to rest. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the line was 28 in the Bama vs Bills discussion. Most  people were not saying the Bills would lose but the Bills would not cover. Ironic Bama loses by 28 to a college team. 

I went on the record then that Bama would lose this year. That was before UGA almost got them and then this. Clemson and Bama don’t belong on the same field as a pro team. Just wouldn’t be right. 

5 hours ago, dabills21 said:

Really?  Someday you will figure it out.  Shaq was dominant at the College level.  You just made the counter point against the whole College team could beat NFL team and you dont even realise it.

Shaq at the level he played at this season would dominate a college Olineman.  Now after they have had an NFL offseason or two then you have something.

Bruce Smith got a whole 6.5  sacks his Rookie season.

That stat is to show the transition to the NFL for College players not any kind of Buce Shaq comparison.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

I read that Alabama said they could beat the Cardinals.  They said the Cardinals were trash and they would beat them.   

It would never happen, the NFL team would always win.  There is a big difference between the NFL and the best college team.  This can be put to rest. 

Not just win. Destroy.

There was an earlier thread on that topic and several times it was absolutely assumed on that thread that Alabama would be the champion. I compared this year's Alabama team to one of their championship teams a few years ago and people were aghast that I would dare compare any Alabama team to this year's model.