Jump to content
Alphadawg7

Does CFB Championship game end the “they can beat a pro team” stuff finally?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So does the CFB Championship game mean Clemson can beat the Bills?!?!  LMAO

 

Still hilarious at all the Alabama would beat the Bills talk, Bills can’t cover the spread, etc. when they just got whooped by another College team.  

 

I hope this “So and So College team can beat So and So Pro team” stuff finally dies.  It’s a farce.  

 

GO BILLS!  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would trade our WRs for Clemson's or Bama's straight up.  I think we could put together better OL and DL with kids playing tonight.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • meh 1
  • Skeptical 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I knew someone would post this lol and it’s true Clemson a great college team just depantsed Alabama now imagine what an NFL team would do 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 1 at Alabama with Nate Peterman starting...it would have been close.

 

Kidding aside, that Clemson QB is something special.  He's be a top 10 pick this year as a 19 year old true freshman.  

 

And very difficult to think Clemson was missing one of their best d lineman.  Not sure if Shaq starts on that line right now

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always silly to compare college kids with the NFL 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So does the CFB Championship game mean Clemson can beat the Bills?!?!  LMAO

 

Still hilarious at all the Alabama would beat the Bills talk, Bills can’t cover the spread, etc. when they just got whooped by another College team.  

 

I hope this “So and So College team can beat So and So Pro team” stuff finally dies.  It’s a farce.  

 

GO BILLS!  

its the most idiotic narrative honestly..even the worst nfl team ever would beat the brakes off the best college team..

Alabama got torched by johnny manziel a player thats in the cfl purgatory atm much less the nfl. 

Edited by bills11
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, but I sure feel a heck of a lot better about Notre Dame after tonight's game!   Clemson may have victimized ND deep a few times when Julian Love was out, but they didn't march up and down the field at will and take a mercy knee to keep from going over 50!   :lol:

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Week 1 at Alabama with Nate Peterman starting...it would have been close.

 

Kidding aside, that Clemson QB is something special.  He's be a top 10 pick this year as a 19 year old true freshman.  

 

And very difficult to think Clemson was missing one of their best d lineman.  Not sure if Shaq starts on that line right now

 

I think he’d go #1 overall. I have never seen a kid that young play the game so well. He is going to be special, hopefully not for the fish or pats*.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So does the CFB Championship game mean Clemson can beat the Bills?!?!  LMAO

 

Still hilarious at all the Alabama would beat the Bills talk, Bills can’t cover the spread, etc. when they just got whooped by another College team.  

 

I hope this “So and So College team can beat So and So Pro team” stuff finally dies.  It’s a farce.  

 

GO BILLS!  

 

As long as there are lazy sports-talk radio hosts, that topic will exist. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

 

As long as there are lazy sports-talk radio hosts, that topic will exist. 

 

Ha very true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peterman beat Clemson the last time they won the national championship.  I think we'd do fine against them.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fun Fact: The last time a Nick Saban coached team lost by more than 14 points was against........ The Buffalo Bills when Saban coached the dolphins and JP Losman was the QB for the BILLS

 

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dabills21 said:

Kidding aside, that Clemson QB is something special.

 

He reminds me of a 6’6” version of Mitch Kramer from Dazed and Confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So does the CFB Championship game mean Clemson can beat the Bills?!?!  LMAO

 

Still hilarious at all the Alabama would beat the Bills talk, Bills can’t cover the spread, etc. when they just got whooped by another College team.  

 

I hope this “So and So College team can beat So and So Pro team” stuff finally dies.  It’s a farce.  

 

GO BILLS!  

I read that Alabama said they could beat the Cardinals.  They said the Cardinals were trash and they would beat them.   

 

It would never happen, the NFL team would always win.  There is a big difference between the NFL and the best college team.  This can be put to rest. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the line was 28 in the Bama vs Bills discussion. Most  people were not saying the Bills would lose but the Bills would not cover. Ironic Bama loses by 28 to a college team. 

I went on the record then that Bama would lose this year. That was before UGA almost got them and then this. Clemson and Bama don’t belong on the same field as a pro team. Just wouldn’t be right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dabills21 said:

Week 1 at Alabama with Nate Peterman starting...it would have been close.

 

Kidding aside, that Clemson QB is something special.  He's be a top 10 pick this year as a 19 year old true freshman.  

 

And very difficult to think Clemson was missing one of their best d lineman.  Not sure if Shaq starts on that line right now

Really?  Someday you will figure it out.  Shaq was dominant at the College level.  You just made the counter point against the whole College team could beat NFL team and you dont even realise it.

Shaq at the level he played at this season would dominate a college Olineman.  Now after they have had an NFL offseason or two then you have something.

Bruce Smith got a whole 6.5  sacks his Rookie season.

That stat is to show the transition to the NFL for College players not any kind of Buce Shaq comparison.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

I read that Alabama said they could beat the Cardinals.  They said the Cardinals were trash and they would beat them.   

 

It would never happen, the NFL team would always win.  There is a big difference between the NFL and the best college team.  This can be put to rest. 

 

 

Not just win. Destroy.

 

There was an earlier thread on that topic and several times it was absolutely assumed on that thread that Alabama would be the champion. I compared this year's Alabama team to one of their championship teams a few years ago and people were aghast that I would dare compare any Alabama team to this year's model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dabills21 said:

He's be a top 10 pick this year as a 19 year old true freshman.  

 

I think he'd go number 1 if he were able to come out this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Fun Fact: The last time a Nick Saban coached team lost by more than 14 points was against........ The Buffalo Bills when Saban coached the dolphins and JP Losman was the QB for the BILLS

 

Also Fun: JP is a member of the Clemson coaching staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That last night was an NFL football game taking place before the guys are in the NFL. 

 

There will not be many starters on that field last night who will not play in the National Football league. There will be a handful at most... and sure some special teamers and backups who played some snaps but in 5 years the 44 starters in this game I suspect 35 of them at least are playing in the National Football League. 

 

Those two programmes are so far ahead of the rest of college football at the moment it is scary. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I think I would trade our WRs for Clemson's or Bama's straight up.  I think we could put together better OL and DL with kids playing tonight.

I'll take the Ross kid from Clemson in a HEARTBEAT.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

 

I think he’d go #1 overall. I have never seen a kid that young play the game so well. He is going to be special, hopefully not for the fish or pats*.

I'm not so sure about that. He's played what, 11 whole games? While he's looked good, he better pack on about 20 lbs of muscle or he'd get absolutely crushed at the next level. We've all seen this type of run by various jags in college, only to be "meh" in the pro's...and vice versa.

That said, he reminds me of Flacco. Great season for him, nonetheless. Loved seeing Clemson DESTROY 'bama in the second half! Hahaha😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the Bills in that scenario was always dumb.  It's pretty clear all the talk about us being the worst team in the league was way off base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×