Shady throwing shade at Bills O lineman

Shady throwing shade, u don't say? But really how is that throwing shade? Its not like he said our linemen suck or that the Bama guys are better. He simply said he'd love to have one of their linemen.

The problem with words is that you don't get any of the context. With that in mind, perhaps the OP is throwing shade at our linemen for interpreting Shady's comments to be negative towards our guys?

Seems a bit of a stretch imo, but good clickbait nonetheless :P

Edited by brianthomas

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Shady should stick with running and not evaluating O linemen because he done chose wrong. Clemson O line are agile hogs. 

Come on...Shady would have gotten 50 yards behind that Bama line tonight no prob!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He publically begged One Flew Over an Incognito’s Nest to come back, and offered to pay him 300k on Twitter..  so this is no surprise 

That one was not a dig though, more a compliment to a past teammate. And way too late for Richie now and he's better getting help than playing football but he was sorely missed this year. THE difference in the run game and McCoy's production.

At least his recent dig is way out of the season so no biggie but yeah no good can come out of that, for him or the team.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I strongly disagree with this. Watching the games specifically for this, he just didn't get holes. At all. Sure he could have got 1-3 extra yards on a lot of his runs if he just took what he could get, but he never did that.

I don't think Shady of any year would have had a substantial more amount of yards. If you count when he had zero hole at all, stopped and reversed his field, and may have had more acceleration in his earlier years to escape the next guy right on him and turn the corner, sure, he would have done that a few more times. But the vast, vast majority of his carries, IMO, he was dead man running, almost immediately. He may have had a substantial hole ten times the entire year.

To me his decline is two fold........ability and availability.

I think he's clearly not the explosive player he still was in 2016...........but he can still give you some of that if used right.

His availability issues started as soon as he got to Buffalo...........he arrived a 300+ carry back but he has never been that guy in Buffalo...........IMO his carries should have been diminished each season to extend his career/effectiveness.

But in 2017 they over-used him.........his ypc was subsequently anemic........and I think the workload took a toll that we saw this year.

I still think have moments where he flashes that ankle breaking ability and make some nice plays but won't be available or anywhere near as effective as he could be if they try to give him 14-15 carries per game anymore.

I assume they will keep him and I'd hope they cut his carries to around 8-10 per game and get a young lead back to carry the heavier load.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

DRAFT CLENIN FERRELL. This guy could change the complexion of our defense. Those are the plays in the redzone where a stud defensive lineman steps up and makes a play. 

He's stealing the lunch money of that vaunted Bama OL. 

The honest truth is the "vaunted" Bama OL is just not as good this year. They, much like the defense, is living off the reputation of past Bama OL's. Wills and Leatherwood are completely average. Cotton is not even playing if not for the suspension to Deonte Brown. Jonah and Piersbacher are the only above average players on that line. 

• Like (+1) 1