Shady throwing shade at Bills O lineman

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

And that's why you don't draft Jonah Williams in the top ten. He did not look good against NFL quality defenders like Ferrell. I myself thing that Williams could be an all pro at center. He is not an NFL quality left tackle and I think he would struggle on the right as well. I believe his skills translate best to center. 

Ferrell stole Williams lunch money when they were lined up one on one. I think Williams slides down to the bottom portion of round 1 when it's all said and done. He's definitely not a left tackle. Could very well be an all pro center, but that uncertainly will diminish his stock.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ferrell stole Williams lunch money when they were lined up one on one. I think Williams slides down to the bottom portion of round 1 when it's all said and done. He's definitely not a left tackle. Could very well be an all pro center, but that uncertainly will diminish his stock.

And that's the thing, sure I like Ferrell a lot. But how is Williams going to handle the Von Millers, Joey Bosas, JJ Watts, Demarcus Lawrences, Khalil Macks etc etc etc. Jerry Hughes would embarrass him in practice. I do think that inside at center his technique and footwork would help him and his intelligence and leadership traits could go a long way. His flaws against speed rushers can kind of be hidden there. I would not touch him in the top ten, but back end of the first makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

There is just a certain standard of professionalism you would hope to expect from a veteran and team leader.  At some point he needed to Pivot from being Shady to LeSean McCoy.  Shame it never happened and probably never will.

HOW can he though??? I was saying last year Marlon Mack is really perfect for the Colts... great runner, great pass catcher for the $$$

So, this is Marlon Mack in 2017 and 2018:

2017: 358 yards rushing, 3.8 YPC, 3 TDs.

2018: 908 yards rushing, 4.7 YPC, 9 TDs

How many Colts offensive linemen played/are playing in the Pro Bowl last year as compared to this year?

Up from ZERO to TWO. 

When the Bills ran the ball well, it was in games we were completely out of. The Colts have been playing virtual playoff games for weeks and Mack is lighting it up with multiple 100 yard games rushing. Offensive line MAKES A DIFFERENCE... and it's why we can't throw up our hands and say Shady is done.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

HOW can he though??? I was saying last year Marlon Mack is really perfect for the Colts... great runner, great passer for the $$$

So, this is Marlon Mack in 2017 and 2018:

2017: 358 yards rushing, 3.8 YPC, 3 TDs.

2018: 908 yards rushing, 4.7 YPC, 9 TDs

How many Colts offensive linemen played/are playing in the Pro Bowl last year as compared to this year?

Up from ZERO to TWO. 

When the Bills ran the ball well, it was in games we were completely out of. The Colts have been playing virtual playoff games for weeks and Mack is lighting it up. Offensive line MAKES A DIFFERENCE... and it's why we can't throw up our hands and say Shady is done.

The line is a huge factor but IIRC Mack was hurt off and on for the majority of last season. He got at some point this season and he looks night in day compared to how he ran before. 

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

When the Bills ran the ball well, it was in games we were completely out of. The Colts have been playing virtual playoff games for weeks and Mack is lighting it up with multiple 100 yard games rushing. Offensive line MAKES A DIFFERENCE... and it's why we can't throw up our hands and say Shady is done.

It is virtually a given that adding good OLinemen will help the running game. But what we don't know is if Shady will suddenly become a big weapon behind a better OL , older by 2 years compared to 2017.  We should add another RB with our 3rd or 4th round pick

29 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

It is virtually a given that adding good OLinemen will help the running game. But what we don't know is if Shady will suddenly become a big weapon behind a better OL , older by 2 years compared to 2017.  We should add another RB with our 3rd or 4th round pick

Yup.  Have to plan for life post-Shady.  But upgrading the OL is the #1 priority.

I feel like there is too much being read into this. Sounded like a compliment to the players playing. I understand that it could also be rationally looked at as a backhanded comment, but I think you'd be giving LeSean too much credit in doing so, he doesn't appear to put that level of thought into his social media game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You weren't saying that in 2015, '16 & '17 when he was carrying this team on his back.

Except he didn't

1. The Clemson oline outplayed the Bama oline by quite a bit. So lets not have Shady for GM any time soon
  2. Given his position with the team, he clearly is insulting the oline. Some RBs buy their online cars in the off-season.  Shady seeks out their replacement.  I am not saying he is wrong, because all five should be replaced, but it is absurd to say he isn't directly insulting them.