Shady throwing shade at Bills O lineman

10 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

God I would love to get a running back who runs vertical instead of horizontal

Was never a problem in his whole career until this year. I won't believe Shady is done until he has a much better oline around him and still doesn't do anything

people are really mad about this comment? 

if you are mad about this, you need to check yourself. 

Shady is saying nothing but truth, his oline SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED all year. Did he have a great year? No, but there were also literally zero holes to run through, the only reason any RB had "success" (none did) was because they lowered their head and plowed through the backs of their olineman for 3-4 yards if they were lucky. Thats not Shady's game, and not what we pay him for. 

All of our RBs for the foreseeable future (shady will be part of that) need a better offense line. We need 3 new starters AT LEAST. 

10 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I strongly disagree with this. Watching the games specifically for this, he just didn't get holes. At all. Sure he could have got 1-3 extra yards on a lot of his runs if he just took what he could get, but he never did that.

I don't think Shady of any year would have had a substantial more amount of yards. If you count when he had zero hole at all, stopped and reversed his field, and may have had more acceleration in his earlier years to escape the next guy right on him and turn the corner, sure, he would have done that a few more times. But the vast, vast majority of his carries, IMO, he was dead man running, almost immediately. He may have had a substantial hole ten times the entire year.

Shady didn't have holes to run through. But neither did the other backs. What they did differently is hit the hole hard or whatever miniscule gap that opened and get what they could get. Maybe they got two or three years, or got stonewalled at the line of scrimmage. But that was certainly better than dancing around and trying to manufacture something that usually ended in a loss. 

We both agree that our OL was atrocious. But what was also evident to me was that Shady was a diminished player. That shouldn't be surprising because he has outlived the usual lifespan of a back. At this late stage in his career I see him more of a change of pace back and a receiving back.  

Most everyone agrees that our line needs to be dramatically upgraded. What I would also like to see added is a hard-running between the tackles back i.e. a young Ivory type back. The priority this offseason is putting Josh Allen in a better position to succeed. Upgrading the OL and adding a featured tough running back will help to do that. 

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

DRAFT CLENIN FERRELL. This guy could change the complexion of our defense. Those are the plays in the redzone where a stud defensive lineman steps up and makes a play. 

He's stealing the lunch money of that vaunted Bama OL. 

Exactly. Bama’s O-line wasn’t too convincing last night......

Social media strikes again. Just don’t press send, even if it’s true. Something to be said for keeping beefs in house and presenting a united front to the outside. Didn’t hear Josh ever say peep about the line negatively even though he couldn’t have been blamed if he had, right? Also, what will be Shady’s excuse if next year his production remains stunted behind 3-4 new starters on the line? That they haven’t been able to “gel” properly? Sometimes you have to create your own opportunities and not fall down the second your jersey gets sniffed by a D tackle...

The fact that our OL was so terrible opening holes last years + shady turning 30 = the notion that shady is done......which isn’t true,  he’s still a very good rb.  I’d be pissed if I were him.  If we was on Pittsburgh this season he’d have had a better season than Connor imo.  He still makes people miss, it’s just he’s not facing as many 1 on 1 battles,  he’s getting swarmed in the backfield.  

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't say it was an insult, but it was a slight.  You can praise the Alabama O line without saying it quite like that.  

That big Bama O-line also got beat! 

But there were several plays this year where he got hit in the backfield.  So they deserve a slight. 

9 minutes ago, dakrider said:

I wouldn't say it was an insult, but it was a slight.  You can praise the Alabama O line without saying it quite like that.  

That big Bama O-line also got beat! 

But there were several plays this year where he got hit in the backfield.  So they deserve a slight. 

Why not say it like that?  The OL sucked last year.  And 3 of its starting players, the ones at whom Shady is throwing shade, are now UFAs and unlikely to return. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Even as bad as the Bama OL was last night, they'd still be an improvement over what the Bills have.  But maybe we should be talking about Clemson's OL instead?

And that's why you don't draft Jonah Williams in the top ten. He did not look good against NFL quality defenders like Ferrell. I myself thing that Williams could be an all pro at center. He is not an NFL quality left tackle and I think he would struggle on the right as well. I believe his skills translate best to center. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Why not say it like that?  The OL sucked last year.  And 3 of its starting players, the ones at whom Shady is throwing shade, are now UFAs and unlikely to return. 

What would Shady’s reaction be if one of his teammates tweeted out something similar about wanting a RB who is worth his salary? 

Shady isnt worth anything near $9 mil, doesn’t mean his teammates should be pointing it out, in a passive aggressive manner, on social media.

20 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

And that's why you don't draft Jonah Williams in the top ten. He did not look good against NFL quality defenders like Ferrell. I myself thing that Williams could be an all pro at center. He is not an NFL quality left tackle and I think he would struggle on the right as well. I believe his skills translate best to center. 

I agree on Jonah Williams.  Hopefully the Jets still take him.  But drafting him high and making a position switch would be a risky move.

18 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

What would Shady’s reaction be if one of his teammates tweeted out something similar about wanting a RB who is worth his salary? 

Shady isnt worth anything near $9 mil, doesn’t mean his teammates should be pointing it out, in a passive aggressive manner, on social media.

Sure he's not worth $9M...behind an OL like what the Bills fielded this past season.