Bills interviewed Falcons ST coach Keith Armstrong (hired by TB)

YoloinOhio

On 1/8/2019 at 2:06 AM, GimmeSomeProcess said:

While an upgrade I’d like to see better 

Is there better available?

On 1/8/2019 at 2:12 AM, YoloinOhio said:

So was he just fired after this season? 

Yes. Quinn fired all his coordinators in a desperation move to save his job

Whoever they choose he better be good. My biggest beef with Crossman was how terribly out of position his punt and KO coverages were. Lots of penalties this year and we went thru 3 mediocre punters. ST cost us 3 games this year. Maybe take a look at Braden Mann from Texas A&M. Great hang time and distance. 

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Semi-related question:  are the Bills expecting Bojorquez to come back and be the punter next year?

The common theory is that Cory Carter was going to win the job in pre-season before they claimed Bojorquez. I think most fans are expected an open competition between the two of them next year. 

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This dude seems like the definition of mediocrity. But it feels like that's all McDermott shoots for a lot of the time anyways. 

Based on??

FWIW, he interviewed for the AZ job:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/armstrong-set-for-second-interview-with-cardinals/VeS5TJYbpV06lMTa18YrvK/

“He’s a fantastic young coach,” said Arians before facing the Falcons in 2013. “He’s going to be a head coach someday. I’ve admired him for a long time ever since he played for me at Temple.” 

But, you know, TBD knows more than Arians ?

• Like (+1) 1

A little more insight:  https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/closer-look-keith-armstrong-candidacy/tGPYyWww8ln1DcsSALniJP/

Armstrong’s units have consistently been ranked among the league’s top groups. He was one of the stars during the team’s appearance on HBO’s Hard Knocks. Perhaps, the Falcons could benefit from his man-to-man communication skills and he was put out front to help lead their "Toughness campaign."

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/1/6/16856890/arizona-cardinals-head-coach-keith-armstrong

”People get all hung up in these offensive and defensive coordinators, and special teams coordinators work with the entire team,” Arians explained. “So they have that presence and that connection with offense, defense, everybody. To me, it makes more sense. Plus, he’s had background in both offense and defense.

”He’s a leader of men,” Arians said. “He’s got grit, toughness. He’s a great family guy. His time will come, yes indeed.”

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The common theory is that Cory Carter was going to win the job in pre-season before they claimed Bojorquez. I think most fans are expected an open competition between the two of them next year. 

That is my theory as well.

Anybody else pay close attention to Crossman look to shake Mcdermott's hand after beating the Dolphins in the season finale? 

I saw McDermott shake his hand back and say yeah thanks buddy congratulations to you too, you played yourself. Ok maybe he didn't say that but in my mind he did...

10 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Based on??

FWIW, he interviewed for the AZ job:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/armstrong-set-for-second-interview-with-cardinals/VeS5TJYbpV06lMTa18YrvK/

“He’s a fantastic young coach,” said Arians before facing the Falcons in 2013. “He’s going to be a head coach someday. I’ve admired him for a long time ever since he played for me at Temple.” 

But, you know, TBD knows more than Arians ?

I'm guessing you were the ones that would endorse Chan Gailey's hiring because Bill Cowher recommended him. 

The info is all posted in this thread, if you look at his overall body of work, it screams average. 

Doesn't matter now...

@gregauman

Bruce Arians has added another piece to his staff, agreeing to terms with Keith Armstrong as his special-teams coordinator. Armstrong spent last 11 years with Falcons, played for Arians at Temple when he was head coach there.