Anyone use AirBnB?

Punching Bag

i haven't used it, but one of my good friends does.  he goes down to nyc regularly to see guys we went to grad school with.  he brings his wife, two kids and a nanny.  before he used it, he would buy two hotel rooms and spend through the nose.  now he stays in an airbandb, with cheaper rates, and an extremely nice apartment.  i think he even mentioned that now they go around airbandb, and he just rents from the owner himself.  open space, kitchen, good location, etc.

Only thing that sucks on AIRBNB is no points...man i spend a fortune with them during football season.

Couple of things I have learned

1) No reason not to negotiate, lord knows I do every time. I always start out by praising the place and pictures, reviews are great etc..and then politely say" no worries if not doable, but while I love your place my budget is right around X amount of $$ all in. Again, I know your place is worth more, but might you have some flexibility? Helps if you have a solid reputation on Airbnb, and folks know you will treat their place with respect. I ask every time, and almost all the time get a better price.

2) If I am looking for a weekend or even one night.. I might put in 4 nights in search items if nothing comes up I like. Might find some places with 3 or 4-night minimums not booked, and again politely ping these folks and ask if they will do less. Also, helps if you are 3 weeks or less out from your arrival date

I also find in both cases if you say something that makes you sound old and boring and the reason for your trip, folks are more likely to negotiate. Coming into town for business, coming for my niece's wedding, coming to visit college classmates from 20 years ago...that kind of stuff. Not doing a boys weekend for a Bills game!!

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I also find in both cases if you say something that makes you sound old and boring and the reason for your trip, folks are more likely to negotiate. Coming into town for business, coming for my niece's wedding, coming to visit college classmates from 20 years ago...that kind of stuff. Not doing a boys weekend for a Bills game!!

So .... you're a liar.  Just like that Arians fella.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So .... you're a liar.  Just like that Arians fella.

No, if I am going to a Bills game, I state that. Now, I play up the fact I am 56...they don't have to know I am an idiot 56, or that I may have several nephews with me who are 25...

• Haha (+1) 2