Who was GM when Jason Peters was dealt?

LabattBlue

8 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

When I see the Eagles play I wish we still had Bradham. Peters would be gravy, he's obviously outperformed, even outlasted Glenn.. but I forgot the circumstances regarding Bradham. I know it was the scheme change but it looked like we just chose Preston Brown over Bradham.. probably for the rookie contract.

Bradham is clearly better. Not a game changer to that defense but a clear cog in that machine when they're firing on all cylinders, Bradham looks like a monster, similar to how he did with a similarly dominant line in 2014. Wouldn't mind a Zach Brown either for depth but I can see the money there.

Was always a big Bradham guy as well. I don't think the Bills prioritized him and it made sense he followed Schwartz to Philly. Thanks Wrecks.

Damn. I just checked out his contract and he got a 5 year/40 mil deal from the Eagles. Didn't recall him getting that kind of paper.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Was always a big Bradham guy as well. I don't think the Bills prioritized him and it made sense he followed Schwartz to Philly. Thanks Wrecks.

Damn. I just checked out his contract and he got a 5 year/40 mil deal from the Eagles. Didn't recall him getting that kind of paper.

Worth

• Like (+1) 1

If I recall correctly, Jason Peters grew up as a Bills fan.  He was a converted TE with freakish athleticism for a guy his size.  We found a diamond as an undrafted free agent.  

His agent did not help matters, but I did not like the trade then, and I still do not like it.

Yes, Jason ha had a good career with Philly.

i can't really blame the Bills for not signing him though.  He was a recently converged TE and seemed unmotivated and not that great.  Here 's an example of what he (#71) did for us. this was in his second to last game here:

You wanna keep that?  Really?

Edited by reddogblitz

On 1/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, LabattBlue said:

As I watched Peters dominate Mack for most of the game(as he continues down the road to the HoF), it got me thinking, who was the GM when the trade with Philly took place?

For *****'s sake - please recall Jason Peters did NOT WANT TO BE IN BUFFALO.  What the hell was Buffalo brass to do?  They did what they could.

The trade by Russ Brandon will go down as one of the worst in franchise history.  You simply don't trade a franchise LT that flashed Munoz level ability according to his Oline coach and was just entering his prime for a late 1st Rounder.  Peters will be a possible 1st ballot hall of Famer while Eric Wood was an oft injured above average to good Center that was forced to retire early.  The Bill's actually hit on that 28th pick and it was still a hose of a deal.

Yes, Eugene Parker was a doosh, but the Bills weren't blameless as well as they moved Peters to Right Tackle and gave him a raise, but then immediately shifted him to Left Tackle and signed  a RT and Guard to huge money that dwarfed his.  Meanwhile Peters is playing All-Pro level LT while two stiffs playing lesser positions are making double and triple his salary.  Bottom line is Bills shouldn't have let him get away over money when 10 million a year was reasonable.  

11 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

For *****'s sake - please recall Jason Peters did NOT WANT TO BE IN BUFFALO.  What the hell was Buffalo brass to do?  They did what they could.

Don't fall for the Russ Brandon John Murphy spin that they peddled after the trade. 

6 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Do we have proof that he was injury free with the Bills? I remember him getting hurt a lot.

I think he's overrated too. One year with the Bills he actually led the league for most sacks allowed.

I'm not the only one who feels this way either. 

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/22/cbs-sports-says-jason-peters-is-the-most-overrated-eagles-player/

I'll rely on Gil Brandt over some rando sportswriter. Brandt ranks him as the 20th greatest LT of all time. http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816586/gil-brandt's-greatest-nfl-tackles-of-all-time

I trust you are aware that Peters' 2013 season is regarded by people in the know as one of the most dominating seasons by an LT this century. But don't take my word for it; listen to a current Bill: https://nflspinzone.com/2014/08/19/lesean-mccoy-calls-jason-peters-best-player-team/.

Getting more specific, Peters is an excellent albeit not world beating-level pass blocker. He is, however, a true monster as a run blocker -- possibly the best I have ever watched. 

As for his career with th Bills, just go to pro-football-reference.com.

Edited by dave mcbride

On 1/7/2019 at 5:27 PM, jahbonas said:

In return for Peters we received Eric Wood (for 5 yrs on a rookie deal)  + the millions in salary cap freed up each yr in not having highest paid LT in football

Well worth it given the fact that there was no gratitude in the Bills coaching that saw Peters skill in another position, if not for the coach on the Bills staff that thought of changing Peters to a LT from a TE he would have more than likely been out of the NFL by now as a has been that never was !

Peters thanked the Bills in such a way for helping him see his potential at another position by basically telling them to screw them selves, good riddance still can't stand the guy !! 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:21 AM, Peter said:

If I recall correctly, Jason Peters grew up as a Bills fan.  He was a converted TE with freakish athleticism for a guy his size.  We found a diamond as an undrafted free agent.  

His agent did not help matters, but I did not like the trade then, and I still do not like it.

I remember seeing Peters at his first training camp at St. John's.  I said who's that guy at TE.  He looks like a giant.  I agree with those who say mgt and/or ownership missed on this one.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He's also getting old and very fat.  No wonder he's having back issues 

So are a lot of people on this board. ;) 

Play 200 NFL games hitting a defensive lineman dozens of times a game and see where your back or any muscle/ligament/bone is. <_< 

26 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

So are a lot of people on this board. ;) 

Play 200 NFL games hitting a defensive lineman dozens of times a game and see where your back or any muscle/ligament/bone is. <_< 

I'm not doubting that.  Look at Peters, he's just become huge; the human body can't handle that much extra weight.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm not doubting that.  Look at Peters, he's just become huge; the human body can't handle that much extra weight.

i can't even imagine the hammering and stress and pain that the o-line goes through

there's nothing like it in pro sports, takes a very dedicated mindset to carry it out for 15 years of your life 

i got to talk to an NFL vet once and asked what the best part of the job was and he said it was breaking through without anyone in his way and being able to level a safety or CB at full speed who wasn't prepared for the collision.