Who was GM when Jason Peters was dealt?

LabattBlue

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

As I watched Peters dominate Mack for most of the game(as he continues down the road to the HoF), it got me thinking, who was the GM when the trade with Philly took place?

What game where you watching?

Peters was not good in pass protection. He was as dominant as an orange traffic cone.

Philadelphia game planned around the bears pass rush.

• Like (+1) 2

This was April 2009.  All I could think was dealing Peters officially signaled to me that Buffalo wasn't interested in competing.  I doubt Brandon could get Littmann to sign off on a deal like what Peters signed upon going to Philadelphia.  Something like 6 years 60M.  

• Like (+1) 4

Not to rehash all this but it was never clear cut one way or the other.  The Bills gave Peters a nice contract after his first season as a RT.  He wanted big time LT money.  He held out and refused to return their phone calls and when he should up, he was completely out of shape.  The Bills finally traded him and ended up with a decent return, I believe a 1st and something else.  If the Pats did this, we would praise their culture and getting rid of me guys.  

I know it’s impossible to take the middle ground in any debate but I completely see both sides. Peters is a HOF and a freak.  The Bills signed the guy as a UDFA TE and moved him.  Peters also has had some major injuries and missed most of last year.  But yup, that deal worked out well for them.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

As I watched Peters dominate Mack for most of the game(as he continues down the road to the HoF), it got me thinking, who was the GM when the trade with Philly took place?

B9317993548Z.1_20150723175721_000_GSCBDA

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not to rehash all this but it was never clear cut one way or the other.  The Bills gave Peters a nice contract after his first season as a RT.  He wanted big time LT money.  He held out and refused to return their phone calls and when he should up, he was completely out of shape.  The Bills finally traded him and ended up with a decent return, I believe a 1st and something else.  If the Pats did this, we would praise their culture and getting rid of me guys.  

I know it’s impossible to take the middle ground in any debate but I completely see both sides. Peters is a HOF and a freak.  The Bills signed the guy as a UDFA TE and moved him.  Peters also has had some major injuries and missed most of last year.  But yup, that deal worked out well for them.

Obviously worked out better for Philly in hindsight but you nail the history.  Russ said they would be open to renegotiation but they wanted him to come to Buffalo in the offseason to have an injury examined.  Crickets from Peters and his agent.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

What game where you watching?

Peters was not good in pass protection. He was as dominant as an orange traffic cone.

Philadelphia game planned around the bears pass rush.

The same game this author was watching....

http://www.philly.com/eagles/jason-peters-postseason-win-khalil-mack-bears-trey-burton-20190107.html

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Between Jason Peters and Marshawn Lynch, how many other future hall of famers did that regime give away?

You realize Lynch was a strike away from a year long suspension and was still doing ❄️ in Buffalo bars right? Dude was a ticking time bomb who good for him, kept it somewhat together.

the Bills make plenty of dumb moves but you also need to hold the player accountable.

Between Jason Peters and arshawn Lynch, how many other future hall of famers did that regime give away?

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

From what I saw, he got little help and only gave up one late game sack on an inside move. They mentioned it was the first he gave up on the day. I didn’t see the whole game, but he looked good when I was watching. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Everyone was making a big deal out of Mack's stats during that game. But if you watched Peters, which I did because I didn't care about either team, you would notice that he looked awful. His "dominance" consisted of being big enough to block a direct line to Foles. He barely got a hand on anyone and was consistently beat inside and out. The eagles just game planned to get the ball out quickly.

Edit: I guess being bull-rush proof is a good thing. Forcing Bears to run around you is a type of pass protection.

Edited by unbillievable

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You realize Lynch was a strike away from a year long suspension and was still doing ❄️ in Buffalo bars right? Dude was a ticking time bomb who good for him, kept it somewhat together.

the Bills make plenty of dumb moves but you also need to hold the player accountable.

That might have been the rare win/win/win. Seller, buyer, player. 

10 minutes ago, jahbonas said:

In return for Peters we received Eric Wood (for 5 yrs on a rookie deal)  + the millions in salary cap freed up each yr in not having highest paid LT in football

And how successful were we with that cap room

• Like (+1) 1