Packers to hire Titans OC Matt LeFleur

YoloinOhio

A extremely exciting and positive hire for the Packers.  Who knew they would be both bold and smart with this decision.  Here I was worried they would bring in a out dated silverback.  Nope!  They went Young.  They went Offense.  They went smart.

First, they picked the right side of the ball to focus on their HC selection.  Offense, Offense, Offense.  You want your fans to be be happy?  To make the playoffs?  To be the next Eagles, Chiefs, Rams, Bears?  They picked the side of the ball.

Second, New HC has strong pedigree and comes from the right Coaching Tree.  You’ve learned under Shanahan, Kubiak and especially McVay?  All I need to hear.  Tells me you know how this game should be played and you are an innovated playcaller.

Third, results.  Developed Matt Schaub into a Pro Bowl QB.  Interegal part of Matt Ryan’s MVP season.  Was on the ground floor when McVay and his staff laid the foundation for all the awesomeness that is happening in LA.

Fourth, Rodgers is going to feel rejuvenated with a breath of fresh air as this guy brings youth, energy, new ideas and innovation to what has become a very stale product in Green Bay.

(That’s not to say McCarthy won’t work with Browns or Jets.  Those are two young QBS who may need some tried and true philosophy’s to allow them to grow.)

but Rodgers needs an injection of the new wave of Coaches.

Packers ready to play ball the way it is supposed to be played in 2019.

Good things happening in Green Bay.

13 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I never understood the trend of hiring coaches that weren’t even good position coaches. If your offense ranks 25th of 32 teams, how are you expected to be a good total team coach. You couldn’t even be a good coach when all you had to deal with was 1/3rd of the team. 

Because being a good head coach is so much more than just your "scheme."  The league figures out schemes.  But head coaches who last organize and lead.  No body understood why Anthony Lynn was getting so many looks as a head coach.  Now we know.  

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wonder if he will keep Mike Pettine's defense in place and just focus on offense. 

LeFleur had Pettine on his list of potential DCs, so I'm guessing he stays.

• Like (+1) 1

Hard to say.  Comes from a nice coaching tree, but was basically a figurehead in LA, with McVay calling plays.  Went to TEN, where their offense was in the lower third of the league.

My guess is that Aaron Rodgers will walk all over this guy, ruining the team and the coach's career in the process.

• Like (+1) 1

Had a great running game in Tenn from what I can tell, and will likely try to balance out the offense.   Perhaps you will see D. Henry in Green Bay?  

As for the Tenn. offense ranking, I think a lot of that has to do with Mariota. 

I like the hire.