Packers to hire Titans OC Matt LeFleur

YoloinOhio

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1082411956387147777?s=21

Packers are zeroing in on hiring Titans' OC Matt LaFleur as their HC, sources tell @RobDemovsky and me . Packers have begun notifying other HC candidates that they've interviewed that they're out and the team has made its choice. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think this is a great hire. Big fan of his concepts. That Titans offense is hamstrung by a mediocre(at best) QB. He went run heavy because he couldn't trust Mariota. 

Mike Vrabel looks like a hell of a coach as well, but if the FO doesn't let him get a QB, MM will ruin his chances.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

What a juggernaut of an offense those Titans have!

Yeah, what an inspiring hire.  Obviously, Rodgers is Mariota on steroids but at some point, shouldn’t results matters?  The Titans’ offense was painful to watch.  

They hired a guy Rodgers will basically tell to shut up if he doesn’t like something he says. 

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think this is a great hire. Big fan of his concepts. That Titans offense is hamstrung by a mediocre(at best) QB. He went run heavy because he couldn't trust Mariota. 

Mike Vrabel looks like a hell of a coach as well, but if the FO doesn't let him get a QB, MM will ruin his chances.

Fair point but Mariota looked like a stud his second year.  The Titans offense was check down city and it took forever for them to use Henry.  

IMO, this is the direct result of the Sean McVay type but minus the actual results. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, what an inspiring hire.  Obviously, Rodgers is Mariota on steroids but at some point, shouldn’t results matters?  The Titans’ offense was painful to watch.  

They hired a guy Rodgers will basically tell to shut up if he doesn’t like something he says. 

Fair point but Mariota looked like a stud his second year.  The Titans offense was check down city and it took forever for them to use Henry.  

IMO, this is the direct result of the Sean McVay type but minus the actual results. 

Mariota is actually regressing based on all statistical metrics. He was slightly better in 2018 than 2017, but I take your point regarding the lack of results.

Based on the few Titans games I watched, it seemed as though his playcalling was solid all things considered. Should have beaten us if not for an inexplicable drop on a PERFECT call. Time will tell. I'm not a fan of MM at all, so that probably skews my judgement a tad. 

26 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ah I got made fun of a bit on here for suggesting he was going to be a really hot coaching candidate a couple of months ago ?‍♀️

Isn't that better than just being ignored as the psycho sitting on street corner who if you say something to him may try to kill you.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hired on the basis of his work as QB coach in LA and Atlanta rather than his work with the Titans. 

Talk about some luck.  Works with a first overall pick (Goff), two 2nd overalls (Ryan and Mariota), and now Rodgers.  Talk about picking your spots!

this reminds me of what makes McDaniel a good coach.  Because he does well with the greatest qb ever?