Packers to hire Titans OC Matt LeFleur

YoloinOhio

I think that what Tennessee did on offense was heavily influenced by head coach, Mike Vrabel' philosophy, not to mention Tennessee's personnel on offense.  In Los Angeles, it's hard to say how much credit he should bet, versus Sean McVay for LA's potent offense, but it is safe to say McVay had an influence on him.  It's also impossible (as it is with every first time head coach, to know if he's got the demeanor and make up to be a head coach.  Head coach calls for a different set of skills than that needed for a position coach or coordinator.  If I were you, Ice Bowl, I think you would want to remain optimistic until or unless LaFleur proves to not be up to the challenge.  One thing is for sure - Aaron Rodgers, because of both his unique skill set and his strong personality is going to heavily influence what Green Bay's offense looks like.

I just listened to the press conference and here were my takeaways.

1. He lacks presence. Reporters toward the end started to defer to the GM and owner representative more than Matt because his answers were long winded. He was getting emotional with his family there, and while that’s understandable, I didn’t always think he commanded the room. 

2. When the Packers talk about talent, they mean Aaron Rodgers. The tone much of the time was, did Aaron sign off on this? 

Overall, he felt young for the Head Coaching seat.