Pre-Combine Receiver Rankings

elijah

Considering the offense the Bills are evolving into, is it safe to say WR draft picks will have SPEED as the #1 skill, or should HANDS be the preferred trait, because of all the drops?

23 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Considering the offense the Bills are evolving into, is it safe to say WR draft picks will have SPEED as the #1 skill, or should HANDS be the preferred trait, because of all the drops?

More than anything I think it’ll be stature and power, you’re looking for someone along the lines of 6’1 and 210 or bigger.  They lack the dominant, go-get-it aggression in their receiving core.

I think Hollywood Brown becomes the top wr and possible top 10 pick.  Tyreek Hill, Tarik Cohen, Deshaun Jackson all examples of small guys playing well.  Imo an elite deep threat is a must with Allen at Qb.  With all the protection granted to Wrs being 170-190 is not terrible if you are a fluid athlete with elite acceleration.  

This is gold right here.  

Hall from Missouri was always an interesting prospect to me.   All of his highlights had him fighting for every yard, every inch and he's obviously very physical.  But all of his weaknesses say he has effort problems.  

I have faith in Beane's team to get to the bottom of it.   He could be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd.  

Edited by thunderingsquid

37 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Hollywood Brown becomes the top wr and possible top 10 pick.  Tyreek Hill, Tarik Cohen, Deshaun Jackson all examples of small guys playing well.  Imo an elite deep threat is a must with Allen at Qb.  With all the protection granted to Wrs being 170-190 is not terrible if you are a fluid athlete with elite acceleration.  

Hollywood Brown even looks small though, when he carries the ball it looks like an infant in his arms 

29 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Preston Williams is being so over looked. Kid could be in the top 5.

6’4” 215, 94 receptions nearly 1400 yards and 14TDs.... and can’t get mentioned in the top 15?

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Not that he couldn’t get mentioned in the top 15, I just haven’t seen his tape yet so I wasn’t going to make an uneducated report on him. 

41 minutes ago, DJB said:

Stopped reading when i saw DK at 12

We’ll revisit this in late April. Metcalf won’t hold up at the top through the whole process, he may not be as low as 12, but he won’t be a first rounder. 

He’s had serious injury issues along with poor hands and an extremely limited route tree. 

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I still can’t get over how, in a football world of pure offense and so many players across the schools, there isn’t a single receiver considered to be a “no brainer” at the position.  Same is true for QB.  

Was thinking the same thing, but the two could be related...not a deep year for Sr or Jr QB's that have earned an NFL grade, so maybe there is some talent in this WR pool that just didn't have anyone that could deliver them the ball....

It's a theory.

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Was thinking the same thing, but the two could be related...not a deep year for Sr or Jr QB's that have earned an NFL grade, so maybe there is some talent in this WR pool that just didn't have anyone that could deliver them the ball....

It's a theory.

Well done 

16 minutes ago, elijah said:

Not that he couldn’t get mentioned in the top 15, I just haven’t seen his tape yet so I wasn’t going to make an uneducated report on him. 

We’ll revisit this in late April. Metcalf won’t hold up at the top through the whole process, he may not be as low as 12, but he won’t be a first rounder. 

He’s had serious injury issues along with poor hands and an extremely limited route tree. 

Williams put up big numbers against smaller schools. He was a very highly recruited kid out of GA and transferred from Tennessee to CSU. Considered a track kid, has speed I guess. Potential is huge. He’s style is like AJ Green very smooth route runner, same height and weight and can mar the tough catch.

He also played 2 SEC schools this year and had like 20 receptions 200+ yards and 2 touchdowns.

17 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Williams put up big numbers against smaller schools. He was a very highly recruited kid out of GA and transferred from Tennessee to CSU. Considered a track kid, has speed I guess. Potential is huge. He’s style is like AJ Green very smooth route runner, same height and weight and can mar the tough catch.

He also played 2 SEC schools this year and had like 20 receptions 200+ yards and 2 touchdowns.

I’ll be sure to check him out, i’ll add scouting reports here as the offseason goes

7 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think we just signed a taller version of AJ Brown.  Good work.  It is clear there are no real elite WRs in this draft.  We should still be able to get a good one.

That’s a pretty good comparison.

Not the fastest kid, doesn’t have the twitch. Bigger body and can make the tough catch.

If he stays dedicated and works hard I think he may be alright. Find 3-4 routes this guy excels at and take advantage of it. I think we could see him in the slot quite a bit.

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

2nd or 3rd rd pick

Duke Williams 

Isaiah McKenzie

We need a TE is what we need. TJ Hockenson, Jace Sternberger, Isaac Nauta

Sorry, but Harry should be #1.

He has the best catch radius of any WR and he wins the contested catches. He needs to work on running more routes but the kid is the best WR in the draft right now prior to the combine. 

13 hours ago, dakrider said:

They shouldn't draft a WR in first round.  Notice that the top guy here is ranked a 8.0 and the only one they have a Day 1 - first round lock.   I think there will be a few WR taken in first round but for the 9th pick, I would take an OL or a top DE if avail.   There will be several good WR available in round 2. 

I'm beginning to lean the same way. It does not appear there is a WR anywhere near, or worth, a top 10 pick.

My first hope is a top tier o-lineman, but get the best player available, even if he is a Defensive player.

And all this tells me that signing Duke Williams was a good move, he is essentially a mid-round (4-5) pick already used. Good work Mr. Beane,

8 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Is Hunter Renfrow going to the Bills or Patriots.

He has Patriots slot receiver written all over him.

7 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I'm beginning to lean the same way. It does not appear there is a WR anywhere near, or worth, a top 10 pick.

My first hope is a top tier o-lineman, but get the best player available, even if he is a Defensive player.

And all this tells me that signing Duke Williams was a good move, he is essentially a mid-round (4-5) pick already used. Good work Mr. Beane,

He has Patriots slot receiver written all over him.

You are correct and we run the same offense.

• Like (+1) 1