The OTHER idiot woman the Democrats sent to the house...

21 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Haj should be interned and NOT in politics and that is an American scientific fact. 

***** Haj. 

1. Identify

2. Confiscate property

3. Intern

4. Relocate to someplace not in America, preferably sandy. They like sand. 

The Dude and Joe in Winslow.   A match made in heaven.....or hell.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What if you do not believe in a creator?

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Good question. If a person can't claim that their Creator gave them their rights then what basis do they have for claiming the rights? Fairness?

I would posit that everyone has a Creator. The fact that you were created is self evident by your existence. We can debate the form that the Creator takes, whether it be the Judeo-Christian version of God, some other deity, your own parents, random chance, or something else entirely. To me, who or what the Creator is is of little importance in the context of natural rights. The bottom line is the rights are intrinsically yours based on the fact of your existence as a human being. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

I would posit that everyone has a Creator. The fact that you were created is self evident by your existence. We can debate the form that the Creator takes, whether it be the Judeo-Christian version of God, some other deity, your own parents, random chance, or something else entirely. To me, who or what the Creator is is of little importance in the context of natural rights. The bottom line is the rights are intrinsically yours based on the fact of your existence as a human being. 

Your “rights” are based solely on your ability to enforce them. It has nothing to do with a creator. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Your “rights” are based solely on your ability to enforce them. It has nothing to do with a creator. 

I disagree. While the ability to enforce them is certainly important in making sure your rights are not abused by others, it is not the basis for their existence. This distinction is important because if rights come solely from you ability to enforce them, that leads to a “might makes right” situation where there is moral justification for the strong to prey on the weak, which flies in the face of the concept of rights. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

sorry but no. it is however, not surprising that you equate everything to force or some sort or another.

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Or Nuremberg.

Idiot. 

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

sorry but no. it is however, not surprising that you equate everything to force or some sort or another.

It's only because I know of no superseding authority. 

39 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Figuratively or literally? 

Tough guy.  Oh damn I forgot to tell you where I was staying when I visited your fair city so we could have had a cup of coffee.  How ever do you survive with all those black people living there?  Must be very hard for you.