The OTHER idiot woman the Democrats sent to the house...

Since Occasionally-Cortex gets a lot of attention in her own little thread, let's have a dedicated thread to the Jihad Jane elected from Michigan recently. We'll start with THIS barn-burner:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/41866/dem-rashida-tlaib-unleashes-anti-semitic-slur-emily-zanotti?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Let Muslims into the country, you get Muslims in the Congress.

Actions have consequences.

There is nothing wrong with Muslims in the country,

It is the not being able to identify and criticize the radical ones.............without being called a bigot is what has to change.

As for her, the dems electing an idiot is hardly news............

That's what happens when your concern is the person's  melanin and what's in their pants..........instead of competency.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It is the not being able to identify and criticize the radical ones.............without being called a bigot is what has to change.

That's what happens when your concern is the person's  melanin and what's in their pants..........instead of competency.

Sorry, I reject the idea that Islam is compatible with western society. This woman is just an expression of their BAD religion.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Sorry, I reject the idea that Islam is compatible with western society. This woman is just an expression of their BAD religion.

I doubt @B-Man would disagree with you. I think the point he’s trying to make is that western society will shake out what’s right and wrong if left to its foundational basis of truth over fiction, and fact over feelings. It doesn’t have to be regulated by those who would say not to let Muslims in the country, or those who would say we need to be so tolerant that we don’t challenge thoughts and ideas and that everything is roses.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I doubt @B-Man would disagree with you. I think the point he’s trying to make is that western society will shake out what’s right and wrong if left to its foundational basis of truth over fiction, and fact over feelings. It doesn’t have to be regulated by those who would say not to let Muslims in the country, or those who would say we need to be so tolerant that we don’t challenge thoughts and ideas and that everything is roses.

Great ideal there. Too bad Western society is already unhinged from it's traditional moral foundations. Thanks, progressives!

• Like (+1) 3

She and Ocasio-Cortez need to join Trump in time out until they can act like grown ups. Sadly the electorate voted for a lot of sideshow candidates who have learned how to get attention over the last two years. 

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Is this your first post here? A little long on ellipses but welcome to a discussion. This is kind of how you do it. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm curious to hear what he thinks our traditional moral foundations are.

I’ll take a whack at it. 

DUE PROCESS

RESPECTING PROPERTY RIGHTS

SELF DETERMINATION 

PEACEFUL TRANSFER OF POWER

THREE EQUAL BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT

RESPECTING OUR LAWS INCLUDING OUR BANKRUPTCY LAWS

THOU SHALL NOT STEAL

45 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Care to elaborate?

It shouldn't need elaboration. The fact that you're asking the question is an indicator of how far gone the situation is.

We live in an era where EVERY idea, no matter how bad, is to be listened to and treasured in the name of diversity. I roundly reject that thought. There is a universal rightness and wrongness, and Islam as a whole, "radical" or not falls on the side of "wrongness."  Here's my thought: there is not a "your" truth and a "my" truth, there is only THE truth. And the moment we start allowing for multiple truths, we allow the whole of our society to disintegrate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Democrat Rashida Tlaib Unleashes Anti-Semitic Slur Against Congressional Colleagues Says They Have Dual Loyalties
by Emily Zanotti

Original Article

Freshman Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) is creating fresh controversy in her second week in the House of Representatives, but this time it's over a shocking, anti-Semitic slur leveled at her Congressional colleagues for their support of a bill which would allow local, state, and federal agencies to avoid doing business with entities that support the anti-Israel Boycott-Divestment-Sanction (or BDS) movement.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm curious to hear what he thinks our traditional moral foundations are.

Well, I'd prefer not to give back the rights women have earned and been awarded the last 100+ years in the United States. I'd like to continue to vote, own a business, own property, not be subjugated to the whims of my husband/father/brother. I like going out in public alone.  I'd prefer not to be stoned to death by mob-rule. I'd like to not have to worry about being raped as "repayment" for a crime against someone else's family.  

I am sure there are more but as a final thought... I have beautiful hair. Simply glorious (if I do say so myself).  I'd like to share that beauty with the world and not have to cover my damn head because some religion says so. 

We've come a long way, baby. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:
Democrat Rashida Tlaib Unleashes Anti-Semitic Slur Against Congressional Colleagues Says They Have Dual Loyalties
by Emily Zanotti

Original Article

Freshman Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) is creating fresh controversy in her second week in the House of Representatives, but this time it's over a shocking, anti-Semitic slur leveled at her Congressional colleagues for their support of a bill which would allow local, state, and federal agencies to avoid doing business with entities that support the anti-Israel Boycott-Divestment-Sanction (or BDS) movement.

She’s a Haj and therefor hates Jews. But I find the accusation to be exaggerated. 

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:
by Emily Zanotti

Original Article

You needed to link the same article again?

You just had your breakout moment as a person too!

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, I'd prefer not to give back the rights women have earned and been awarded the last 100+ years in the United States. I'd like to continue to vote, own a business, own property, not be subjugated to the whims of my husband/father/brother. I like going out in public alone.  I'd prefer not to be stoned to death by mob-rule. I'd like to not have to worry about being raped as "repayment" for a crime against someone else's family.  

I am sure there are more but as a final thought... I have beautiful hair. Simply glorious (if I do say so myself).  I'd like to share that beauty with the world and not have to cover my damn head because some religion says so. 

Sure have. A LONG, LONG way. Now you as a woman can merely accuse a man of wrongdoing and ruin his life. Now you can abort your unborn children at will. Now you can divorce your husband for any reason, or no reason at all and then proceed to destroy him financially with the blessing of the state! (not saying, of course YOU specifically would do any of those. But you can now.)

What a golden age we live in.

:lol:

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My only quibble is that you've always had those rights.  They weren't earned nor awarded.

What was fought for was the protection of those rights under the law, throwing off those who would oppress you (the larger you), and violate those rights, which are immutable and intrinsic.

It's that single notion which made (makes) the subjugation of women a moral wrong.  IE.  If those rights are not intrinsic and immutable, then nothing was being violated through the general oppression of women.