Rex Ryan Blasts Cody Parkey on ESPN- “I don’t feel sorry for him!”

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Spot on. This may be a difficult concept for some to wrap their brains around, but no game in the history of the game has ever been won or lost on one, single play. EVERY play matters and adds to the mosaic, from the first play to the last. 

If you lose a game because of one play or even a few plays you didn't really deserve to win it, IMO.

Win decisively.    

Leaving it to a play or two is leaving it to fate as opposed to competition.   That goes for officiating too.......you have to gameplan and gameday coach and play well enough that some bad calls don't turn you from decisive victor to loser.   

People drive themselves crazy over one player here or there or one bad call here or there.........most games that come down to one play weren't nearly that closely contested but a coach like Rex coached them down to that level.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

Kind of heartless.  It doesn’t have to be a kicker - every player makes crucial mistakes.  How can you not at least have a bit of empathy when they do?

^This. Any competitor in any sporting endeavor should be able to relate to the misfortune of other competitors and feel a certain empathy.  The old, "there but for the grace of God go I", line of thinking. 

But that requires humility. 

Something Rex Ryan will never be acquainted with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

How are the HC interviews going, Rex?

Rex is done with coaching in the NFL, he knows it, and he'd probably be the first to tell you over a beer.

This type of dynamic in the posted video is where Rex fits in with football broadcasting.  

Color analyst work during games is not where he belongs; he needs to be in the studio with a bunch of people around him, expressing "controversial" loud mouth opinions.  That's what works for him. 

I can see him sticking around a long time doing that sort of thing, if he wants to.

I don't feel bad either.

The guy sucked all year.  It's not like this was the first kick he missed.

Also, the deflection thing is ridiculous.  It's not like the guy that barely got a fingernail on it was right on top of the kicker.  He kicked it too low.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Rex is done with coaching in the NFL, he knows it, and he'd probably be the first to tell you over a beer.

This type of dynamic in the posted video is where Rex fits in with football broadcasting.  

Color analyst work during games is not where he belongs; he needs to be in the studio with a bunch of people around him, expressing "controversial" loud mouth opinions.  That's what works for him. 

I can see him sticking around a long time doing that sort of thing, if he wants to.

And I see myself changing the channel every single time I see his ass face.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And I see myself changing the channel every single time I see his ass face.

I don't watch any of that garbage, regardless who is on screen.

This is why God created DVRs.  Record and watch an hour or so after game start.  FF through all pre-game garbage, commercial garbage, play review garbage, and halftime garbage.

You'll finish the game around the time it ends in real time anyway.  The difference is you only watch football.  Which makes up a tiny % of a 3 hour 15 minute game.

A thief calling out a kicker.....could there be any sports talk television that's less compelling......enjoy those Pegula bucks you ain't earned big fella.....(did anyone tell you that next year is the last year of the guaranteed gravy train...maybe that's why you need to be more controversial)..

Edited by JoeF

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

True story? If so, that sucks. 

Not entirely.  It sounded like Golic got a little butthurt that Greeny didn't tell him personally he was entertaining offers to do his own show and break-up their run.  

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

The kick was deflected. I didn’t click on the video. ESPN lost me once they broke up the Mike and Mike show. 

That shows time had long ago passed before it was over, it "jumped the shark" years ago.

Even as a casual listener i heard the same golic anecdotes of is playing over and over again...and thene we were all supposed to laugh so hard when he eat like a 50 donuts like a pig...and then Greenberg would say disparaging comment about how Golic wasn't too smart and Golic retort, ah so cleverly how frail and unathletic Greenberg was.

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't watch any of that garbage, regardless who is on screen.

This is why God created DVRs.  Record and watch an hour or so after game start.  FF through all pre-game garbage, commercial garbage, play review garbage, and halftime garbage.

You'll finish the game around the time it ends in real time anyway.  The difference is you only watch football.  Which makes up a tiny % of a 3 hour 15 minute game.

I rarely watch any pregame coverage and, if home, I cook during halftime.