Rex Ryan Blasts Cody Parkey on ESPN- “I don’t feel sorry for him!”

In the past I’ve likened Rex to the fat middle school bully who lightened up later in life, and is fun to have a beer with.  I do generally find Rex to be amusing.  Here he just comes off badly putting all of the blame on Parkey for missing a wouldbe game winning FG.  

Anyone else find it ironic that Rex holds a kicker to a higher level of accountability than he did to himself as coach of the Bills.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is something he orchestrated with producers for effect.  

Edited by BillyWhiteShows
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

In the past I’ve likened Rex to the fat middle school bully who lightened up later in life, and is fun to have a beer with.  I do generally find Rex to be amusing.  Here he just comes off as a real jerk putting all of the blame on Parkey for missing a wouldbe game winning FG.  

Anyone else find it ironic that Rex holds a kicker to a higher level of accountability than he did to himself as coach of the Bills.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is something he orchestrated with producers for effect.  

that show is still a thing?

It was very slightly tipped by an Eagles player, not noticeable until you watch a zoomed in and slowed down video. Even the player ( Hester) said he didn’t think he got enough of it. Regardless, it wasn’t short and looked like Parkey just pushed it; put too much into it on the retry. The guy has a penchant for misses and hitting posts, and this was known to Pederson. He said he was burning that TO regardless of who the kicker was, but this K ( and many others) just looked unsure of himself. I think he psyched himself out and that “ practice kick” when the TO was called made him overthink it. That won’t work for every kicker, but for one who is already unsure of himself I believe it made the difference. As for Rex, I agree. That’s the kickers job, and he failed. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

that show is still a thing?

Barely.  I have not seen, nor heard, Greenburg since he left the radio show.  Golic and Wingo was a little rough in the beginning, but I think Wingo has gotten better and they're getting better quality guests (except for NBA - everyone that's on puts me to sleep).  I liked Mike and Mike, but I wouldn't want to go back to it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Greeny was angling for his own show and top billing and was doing so without Golic, kind of pushing him out. Something like that happened. 

I never gave that new show much of a chance but I can’t imagine the ratings are anything close to what the old show did. I haven’t heard a single person talk good of the new show.