For Bills Fans In Other Markets, What is your relationship to your local team?

Out of town fans  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What is your relationship to the team that is local to you?

• They're my favorite team, Bills are #2
    • Close second to the Bills
    • Distant second to Bills
    • Mostly indifferent
    • Can't stand them

Live in Orlando so there’s technically no local team but the Jags and Bucs are televised as local and the Fish get a lot of local TV airtime. I can’t stand either of the two AFC teams and I’m indifferent on the Bucs. I’ll keep up with them a little because I have friends that are fans but I’m a Bills fan and I don’t root for anyone else except whoever is playing the Pats, Jets, Dolfins and Cowboys.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll tell you in 1.5 years when the Raiders officially make the move to Vegas.  Always hated them before.  I enjoy Gruden and I think he’s doing the right thing with that team but going full rebuild.  I hate that they took Mayock from NFLN.  When it finally happens, they’ll either be my most hated team (based on how corny the golden knights games are) or my 2nd favorite team.  Either way, Go Bills and ef everyone else

Nashville and I am somewhat happy when the Titans do well, it cannot be at the expense of the Bills. Since I am located on the KY - TN State Line close to Illinois, I follow the Bears as my NFC team but have done so since my younger days in western New York, but also not at the expense of the Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Living in Houston, I really don't care about the Texans one way or the other. I like JJ Watt, but mostly because of his off the field work. 

Yeah, I just don't have a rooting interest for the Texan's even when it does not impact the Bills.  I could root for the Oilers when it did not negatively impact the Bills or the Bills were out of playoff contention.  

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Live just outside Indy.  I hope the Colts do well now, because I have a lot of friends that are Colts fans.  But  I never watch them during the regular season, nor do I ever attend any of their games (unless the Bills are in town).

I've been to exactly one Texans game that wasn't against the Bills. It was a preseason game, against Miami. Friend had a free ticket. Wore a Texans t-shirt that I got as a gift, and my Bills hat. As I told people who asked, I said I have two favorite teams. The Bills, and anybody playing the Dolphins.

That Texans shirt I've worn exactly two and a half times outside of the house. Once to that game, once when they played the Patriots* in the playoffs, and once under my Bills jersey when we needed them to win to keep our playoff hopes alive. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll tell you in 1.5 years when the Raiders officially make the move to Vegas.  Always hated them before.  I enjoy Gruden and I think he’s doing the right thing with that team but going full rebuild.  I hate that they took Mayock from NFLN.  When it finally happens, they’ll either be my most hated team (based on how corny the golden knights games are) or my 2nd favorite team.  Either way, Go Bills and ef everyone else

I can't see myself ever rooting for the Raiders unless it helps out the Bills.

13 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Living in Houston, I really don't care about the Texans one way or the other. I like JJ Watt, but mostly because of his off the field work. 

Being in the NYC market, this question is slightly more complicated. I decided to make my vote reflect my feelings for the Jets since I have stronger (negative) feelings about them. In fairness, I've gone to three games and the fans have been incredibly friendly, even when I've worn Bills garb. 

The Giants (with the Packers) rotate as a sort of secondary team, even though that SB came at a formative time in my fanhood, as a combination of having affable friends who are Giants fans and rooting for their happiness, drafting Tiki Barber in a couple of his best fantasy years, and beating the Patriots twice in the SB does not hurt. That said, it's less that I'm a fan of the GIants, than I "wish them no specific harm."

5 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've been to exactly one Texans game that wasn't against the Bills. It was a preseason game, against Miami. Friend had a free ticket. Wore a Texans t-shirt that I got as a gift, and my Bills hat. As I told people who asked, I said I have two favorite teams. The Bills, and anybody playing the Dolphins.

That Texans shirt I've worn exactly two and a half times outside of the house. Once to that game, once when they played the Patriots* in the playoffs, and once under my Bills jersey when we needed them to win to keep our playoff hopes alive. 

One of the things I'm most proud of is that both my daughters would wear their Bills gear to school on Colts spirit day!

• Like (+1) 3

I recently relocated to NC and decided that I would try and root for the Panthers.  Finally watched a game when they played on a Sunday or Monday night towards the end of the season (I have Sunday ticket so I always watch the Bills first and whatever seems like the most interesting game second) and the Panthers were moving the ball towards the end of the first half.  Cam Newton scrambled for a first down and wasted a solid 7-10 seconds celebrating like he had just won the Super Bowl with under a minute left.  Maybe he thought Rivera was going to call a time out or something, but watching him act like a fool instead of leading his team to the line of scrimmage really turned me off.  Then a play or two later he threw a pick in the endzone.  

Once he is gone maybe I will try and root for them, but until then, no thanks.