For Bills Fans In Other Markets, What is your relationship to your local team?

Out of town fans  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What is your relationship to the team that is local to you?

• They're my favorite team, Bills are #2
    • Close second to the Bills
    • Distant second to Bills
    • Mostly indifferent
    • Can't stand them

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was in the Tampa market during his days there. He was very unpopular with a lot of players and had a reputation for being “disingenuous”. Enough ex-players came out and said he lied to them I started to think, where there’s smoke..... Keenan McCardale in particular was very vocal. A local radio guy who was a former Buc and still had friends in the locker room didn’t seemed too thrilled with him, either. 

But it gets a little more personal than that. Our sons competed at 7 on 7’s at USF, and he’d have a temper tantrum every time my kid got picks off his ‘roided up looking kid. He’d also show at some of the local HS games where he had a reputation, but I did not personally witness the worst stories there. He was not the goofy likeable guy you see on TV. He could be a jerk. I found I liked him better on TV than the sideline. I stayed true thru the Rex days, but Gruden just might put me over the edge. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I’ll keep an eye out for it.  He’s a made for tv actor i suppose

I've lived almost exactly half-way between Boston and NYC for the past 15 years and lived outside Boston for 10 years before that.  Prime Pats*** and Jints country.  Need I say more?

Oh, and I have a Pats*** bride, though I keep her because her all-time favorite Patriot is Steve Grogan.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I’ll keep an eye out for it.  He’s a made for tv actor i suppose

I was initially surprised he gave up the sweet ESPN deal (making $6.5 mil/year for minimal work), but then realized his enormous ego forced him to go prove how great he is again. He’s not making THAT MUCH MORE with the Raiders.

I admit I sort of resented the way he took credit for winning a SB with what was clearly Dungy’s team against what was essentially his own, unchanged playbook from the Raiders. There’s video of John Lynch on the sidelines laughing at how they knew exactly what was coming. “They didn’t change a thing!!!”  Gruden is the opposite of the humble and low key Dungy. Gruden’s biggest fan is Gruden. Just my two cents. I’m sure plenty will love him.....if he eventually wins. 

Edited by Augie

25 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I've lived almost exactly half-way between Boston and NYC for the past 15 years and lived outside Boston for 10 years before that.  Prime Pats*** and Jints country.  Need I say more?

Oh, and I have a Pats*** bride, though I keep her because her all-time favorite Patriot is Steve Grogan.

I don't mind true Patriots* fans. The ones who have been there as a fan their whole life, through thick and thin. Same with Red Sox fans. But both fan bases grew back in the early 2000's for obvious reasons. The ones that all of a sudden became die hards are the ones that are jackasses. 

• Like (+1) 1

I live in Moscow, Russia and there is no NFL team here ))) I am fan of CSKA Moscow but they play soccer and ice-hockey ))

I have never been to Buffalo and USA. I hope I will finally visit USA in 2019.

I am  Bills fan since I was a child in Kelly's era and I was  deeply impressed by 4 consecutive losses in SB. It's unprecedental for any other sports to lose 4 years in a row in final game. I could imagine the feelings of these players and fans. So I started rooting for Buffalo Bills. And I beleive the  fairness will prevail and Bills will win their Super Bowl.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The only games I’ll go to are the Bills games, which I think might be the inaugural season, playoff games (if they have any) and maybe MNF.  

There’s a lot of California transplants here and not many are hardcore Rams or chargers fans.  Mostly niners or raiders.  Those that aren’t hardcore will likely be raider fans.  I doubt there’s much home field advantage considering every opposing fan will circle this one on the schedules and make the trip.  Tickets will probably be pricey if it’s simiar to the Golden Knights.  

Dont like gruden Augie?  I like him.  Not that I think he’s a football genius, I just think he’s a good guy in general.  

I doubt there are many Rams fans in Vegas since they spent most of their years in St. Louis.

14 minutes ago, KollegeStudnet said:

Live in Utah. It’s a melting pot of Raiders, 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, Cardinals. 

Only teams that don’t get represented Ram and Chargers. They’re my next two teams. Bills, always numero uno! 

Denver is the closest city geographically to SLC, therefore I suspect must Utahns are Broncos fans. That could change when the Raiders move to Vegas next year, although given the population is Mormon, I doubt they would support a Raiders team.

19 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I live in Moscow, Russia and there is no NFL team here ))) I am fan of CSKA Moscow but they play soccer and ice-hockey ))

I have never been to Buffalo and USA. I hope I will finally visit USA in 2019.

I am  Bills fan since I was a child in Kelly's era and I was  deeply impressed by 4 consecutive losses in SB. It's unprecedental for any other sports to lose 4 years in a row in final game. I could imagine the feelings of these players and fans. So I started rooting for Buffalo Bills. And I beleive the  fairness will prevail and Bills will win their Super Bowl.

I had a friend from Russia whose favorite team was Buffalo. He pronounced the team name as "BEEL" (rhymes with "meal") instead of Bills. 

Edited by from_dunkirk
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

I had a friend from Russia whose favorite team was Buffalo. He pronounced the team name as "BEEL" (rhymes with "meal") instead of Bills. 

Ever hear Solomon Wilcots call a Bills game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Living in Houston, I really don't care about the Texans one way or the other. I like JJ Watt, but mostly because of his off the field work. 

I live here, too. I really don't care about the Texans. For me, it's Bills Bills Bills!!! Everyone at work knows this, too!

I like the Astros and go to the games. Went to the Aeros games when they were here. But, as for the Texans, only the cheerleaders get my attention. Love them red boots!!

Living in center city Philadelphia for a good deal of time it was hard for me not to become a fan of the hometown teams.  With the Bills being in the AFC and living in an NFC town, conflicts of interest don't happen often.  But when they do, I'm for the Bills all the way.  The fans here are very knowledgeable and not the mouth breathing heathens the national media makes them out to be, with the typical lazy "they threw snowballs at Santa" narrative. 

Edited by YodaMan79
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm really sick of watching the Patriots, but I admire them.  I'm root against them pretty much all the time.  Still, I'm mostly indifferent about them. 

Same. Never quite understood the passion to see another team fail in the playoffs while the Bills are sitting at home.

I'm also a Michigan fan and don't give a bleep about Ohio State. If the team I root for is not involved, I really don't care either way.

36 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Ever hear Solomon Wilcots call a Bills game?

No. Why?

2 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Living in center city Philadelphia for a good deal of time it was hard for me not to become a fan of the hometown teams.  With the Bills being in the AFC and living in an NFC town, conflicts of interest don't happen often.  But when they do, I'm for the Bills all the way.  The fans here are very knowledgeable and not the mouth breathing heathens the national media makes them out to me with the typical lazy "they threw snowballs at Santa" narrative. 

You must have lived in a different Philadelphia than I did. I found the Philadelphia fan repugnant and low class.

19 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I live here, too. I really don't care about the Texans. For me, it's Bills Bills Bills!!! Everyone at work knows this, too!

I like the Astros and go to the games. Went to the Aeros games when they were here. But, as for the Texans, only the cheerleaders get my attention. Love them red boots!!

The Bills used to have the Jills. We need them back.