For Bills Fans In Other Markets, What is your relationship to your local team?

Out of town fans  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What is your relationship to the team that is local to you?

• They're my favorite team, Bills are #2
    • Close second to the Bills
    • Distant second to Bills
    • Mostly indifferent
    • Can't stand them

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Actually, I suppose I’d rather have the Falcons win than lose, if just to make their local fans feel better. Both of them. 

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Atlanta based. Really I am ambivalent about the Falcons. Only have room in my heart for one team and I fell in love with the Bills when they drafted Thurman. I have so many great memories with the Bills games, from the 51-3 to the Bills Bengals in 2010. The grit of the team and fans is just hard to walk away from.

The Falcons on the other hand are just bland. They are soft like a lot of Dome teams tend to be. The only time I've ever really rooted for them was the horrible meltdown Superbowl against the Patriots. That sucked!!

I live in Atlanta as well. Bland is a great way to describe them. The one thing I do is root for Matt Ryan - mostly because my in-laws have the ridiculous opinion that he's the problem and they need to get rid of him. Its great because more often than not, Matt proves me right.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

That will be a weird deal. Most people in Vegas are from somewhere else, I assume. No deep loyalty there like in WNY, the Steelers, etc. But you have a zillion people coming and going all the time, and sure, I’d hit a game while I was there. Will that be the weakest homefield advantage in the league? 

(I’d personally dislike them, but that’s just a Gruden thing for me.) 

I wonder if it'd be possible for them to coordinate their schedule with the Knights to get weekends of the same away team. I'd definitely be down to go to Vegas for a Saturday night Sabres game, and Sunday morning Bills game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tisker A Tasker said:

I live in Atlanta as well. Bland is a great way to describe them. The one thing I do is root for Matt Ryan - mostly because my in-laws have the ridiculous opinion that he's the problem and they need to get rid of him. Its great because more often than not, Matt proves me right.

man, a lot of transplanted Bills fans in ATL.

I lived 10 years in Colorado (the entire 1990's) and couldn't stand the Broncos.  There were good fans there, but many of them were simply fair-weathered fans.

Following Colorado, I lived in Washington State for 5 years, where the Seahawks were "meh".  No one at all seemed to care about them.

I've now lived in New Zealand for over 13 years, where the All Blacks rugby team are everything.

I know it's not "American Football" or "Gridiron" as we call it here, but I gotta say that I love the All Blacks.

(They're my only team that has ever given me a championship.)

Let's go AB's!

Distant second to the Bills.

I live in the middle of Bears/Packers territory and have friends on both sides of that rivalry. I root for the Packers, except for one game every four years. They're a small market team with a rabid fan base, just like the Bills. And I like the fact that they're owned by the fans.

But since I'm not a native Packer fan, I don't hate all their division rivals like I do the other three teams in the AFCE.

18 minutes ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

I lived in Miami when Marino was king.  My son adopted them, but I hated them.

I lived in DC when Redskins won two of their three superbowls.  I rooted for them the first time when they beat Denver, then we lost to them and I hated all the obnoxious skins fans.

I lived in Chicago when the Bulls were great and the Bears were not, so didn't really root one way or the other. 

Moved to New England in early 2001 just in time for Superbowl run.  I was OK when they won the first time, but really hated them after that.

Now I'm in SC where the local teams are all several hours away.  Its been tough being a Bills fan, but I usually meet fans who moved here and are still fiercely loyal.

Ok Im seeing a pattern of what happens when you move someplace and you need to move to Buffalo.

5 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

I care about the Bills and SU football equally

Syracuse is still my college team but Im pretty high on Clemson.  I think its the law down here that you have to pick a side.  Its either Tigers or Gamechickens.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m in Tennessee and while I have followed the titans a long time mostly was a fan in the air McNair days when I actually lived in New York, still a fan now but I really never like Mariota.. Once they get rid of him I might follow them closer I like some of their players especially Taylor Lewan and Derrick Henry 

The only relationship I have with the local teams is using their stadium when the Bills visit.

Beyond that, I cheer for Philip Rivers fan due to his unconventional approach to everything from his throwing motion to his trash talking. I see a bit of him in Josh Allen, attitude-wise.

Rams fans are fine, but the stadium is near a schitthole and you don't want to go there if you can't carry a weapon with you.

Raider fans are the worst. I hope they die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. (Would you like a cookie, son?)

• Haha (+1) 1

Have lived in LA 60 years and adopted the Bills in 69. Never was a Rams fan early or now. Sons went to school in SD so mildly rooted for the Chargers. But it's always been Buffalo first. Never a big Raider fan. Still marvel at how long the #2 NFL market went so long without a team. Can't wait to see my Bills play in the upcoming state of the art LA Stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1