For Bills Fans In Other Markets, What is your relationship to your local team?

Out of town fans  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What is your relationship to the team that is local to you?

• They're my favorite team, Bills are #2
    • Close second to the Bills
    • Distant second to Bills
    • Mostly indifferent
    • Can't stand them

Jets/Giants country with some Eagles fans scattered in.  Central Jersey.  Pretty indifferent to it all.  Though obviously was pulling hard for the Eagles in the Super Bowl last year.

I like the Browns.  If the Lions ever made the playoffs I’d pull for them 

I live in Youngstown, Ohio so the coverage and interest is pretty much evenly split between the Browns and the Steelers. 

I actually want both teams to do well, because when they're playing meaningful games the rivalry is fantastic.

And of course, the Steelers are never boring with all of the off-field drama.

So I'm interested in both teams but the Bills get most of my attention.

I live in Birmingham, Alabama, and the Titans are a distant 2nd for me.  Really, that’s because the Titans make a strong marketing push here, and the local stations do a lot of Titans stories. I don’t generally watch their games, as they are usually on when the Bills are playing. However, I do want them to do well, as long as it is not at the expense of the Bills. 

What is really strange is that there are very few Atlanta fans here, even though that is the closest team. Falcons do not market here at all. 

Of course, college ball is king here. Bama rules the roost, and I can’t stand Bama fans. 

6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I live in Birmingham, Alabama, and the Titans are a distant 2nd for me.  Really, that’s because the Titans make a strong marketing push here, and the local stations do a lot of Titans stories. I don’t generally watch their games, as they are usually on when the Bills are playing. However, I do want them to do well, as long as it is not at the expense of the Bills. 

What is really strange is that there are very few Atlanta fans here, even though that is the closest team. Falcons do not market here at all. 

Of course, college ball is king here. Bama rules the roost, and I can’t stand Bama fans. 

I couldn't do it. Bud Addams was an a-hole. Can't imagine his kids are any better.

Living in Northern CA, the 49ers are ok, I like what they are building, and it is my sons' favorite team.   The Raiders, they don't even know where they are going to play, so it's not hard to forget about them.   NOBODY beats my love for the Bills.  After them, it's just kind of a like for the NFL, or for the guys on my fantasy leagues.

• Like (+1) 1

Saints are a distant second. I’m more of a fan of Brees than the Saints if that makes sense.

Saints fans are annoying, especially because I’ve been a Bills fan since Saints fans were wearing paper bags over their heads in the 80’s. 

Those people who are dumbfounded because I’m a Bills fan and not a Saints fan really didn’t care until Sean Payton and Drew Brees came along. Now they are all super fans with their black and gold everything.

I lived in Boston from 1999 to 2012. I started of kind of being happy to support the Pats when they were not playing the Bills or it didn’t have any impact on the Bills, see first super bowl. By the time 2008 or so rolled around I despised the Patriots more than any other professional sports team. 

Then moved to Chicago in 2012 and genuinely like the Bears and their fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

I lived in Boston from 1999 to 2012. I started of kind of being happy to support the Pats when they were not playing the Bills or it didn’t have any impact on the Bills, see first super bowl. By the time 2008 or so rolled around I despised the Patriots more than any other professional sports team. 

Then moved to Chicago in 2012 and genuinely like the Bears and their fans. 

Bears and Bills fans are very close in nature and spirit! Or as Ditka once said "The Grabowski's."

I live in the Washington, DC area, the heart of Redskins country.  I am not a Redskins fan, but I don't completely hate them; I'm content they're a mediocre team so the media and local fans don't too obnoxious about them.  Most 'Skins fans are ok, and I actually feel kind of bad for them since the owner, Dan Snyder, and his right hand man, Bruce Allen, are holding the team back.

• Like (+1) 1

I was born and raised in Queens NYC and moved to Long Island NY 2 years ago (am 40 now) and I wouldn't call the Giants and Jets "local" teams since they play in Jersey but obviously I hate the Jets and can't really say that I hate the Giants honestly since they are NFC and we see them once every four years or unless we see each other in the big game.

I'll tell you another interesting fact though. The fans of those teams are polar opposites. You can tell a Jets fan from their arrogance and cocky attitude from a Giants fan being somewhat more (I can't find a good word), ummmm, I want to say mature but I'll just go with, normal.

My love for the Bills is a whole other story which I won't get into but even though I haven't ever lived in Buffalo, I went to at least 1 home game every year for 15 years straight and I can tell you that even though Bills fans are known to be on YouTube and other social media outlets doing crazy stuff, they are the most welcoming fans and more importantly, the smartest fans I've come across. Every game I've gone to I've sat next to knowledgeable fans who I can talk good football talk with. Of course you have a guy who drinks too much every once in a while but you have at least 3 people in front of you that are within communication distance, 3 behind you, 2 to your right and 2 to your left, so the chances of meeting good fans are to your advantage. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I live in the Washington, DC area, the heart of Redskins country.  I am not a Redskins fan, but I don't completely hate them; I'm content they're a mediocre team so the media and local fans don't too obnoxious about them.  Most 'Skins fans are ok, and I actually feel kind of bad for them since the owner, Dan Snyder, and his right hand man, Bruce Allen, are holding the team back.

well, that is until you hear Czaban talk trash about the Bills 

Can't say I hate them, I'm just couldn't care less.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

well, that is until you hear Czaban talk trash about the Bills 

I don't pay attention to the local media.  'Skins fans and media don't have much room to talk trash about other teams, especially since theirs is going no where with the current ownership.  If reports are true, Redskin fans know this.