For Bills Fans In Other Markets, What is your relationship to your local team?

Out of town fans  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What is your relationship to the team that is local to you?

• They're my favorite team, Bills are #2
    • Close second to the Bills
    • Distant second to Bills
    • Mostly indifferent
    • Can't stand them

I live is South Carolina where they show the Panthers. I voted Indifferent because not even their fans care. Went to the Panthers vs Paties and you would have thought I was at a book reading. As long as the Bills remain in western NY they will be my team.

• Like (+1) 1

Patriot Country. 

1 minute ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I recently relocated to NC and decided that I would try and root for the Panthers.  Finally watched a game when they played on a Sunday or Monday night towards the end of the season (I have Sunday ticket so I always watch the Bills first and whatever seems like the most interesting game second) and the Panthers were moving the ball towards the end of the first half.  Cam Newton scrambled for a first down and wasted a solid 7-10 seconds celebrating like he had just won the Super Bowl with under a minute left.  Maybe he thought Rivera was going to call a time out or something, but watching him act like a fool instead of leading his team to the line of scrimmage really turned me off.  Then a play or two later he threw a pick in the endzone.  

Once he is gone maybe I will try and root for them, but until then, no thanks.

Uh oh someone isn’t going to like reading this.

I’m right outside Boston, I don’t think the rest needs explaining. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I used to live in Chicago.  When I did, I couldn't stand the Bears.  Their fans are really obnoxious, particularly at the stadium.  I took a lot of abuse attending a Bills game there, where all I did was wear a Bills hat.  I didn't make any comments to anyone other than the people I was with, didn't taunt anyone, etc.  Now I live in Phoenix.  Cardinals fans are generally fine.  If offered free Cardinals tickets, I would decline them to watch the Bills on TV, but if the Bills are not playing at the same time, I will go.  I went to one Cardinals game this year - a Thursday night against Denver where I got free tickets from a friend.  I am OK with the Cardinals doing well, as it creates good feeling in the community and I get a free pass from my wife to watch more football when there's a buzz about it.  Overall, I am somewhat indifferent to how the Cardinals do.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 3

Seattle is a 1.5 hour boat ride away from me. I had been going to a game a year there until the tickets went sky high. I now do a Bills away game and, including flights and accommodation, might spend $150 more in the end. The Hawks are my other team, but I would give them about.02% of my fanhood and that may be over-estimating.

I voted mostly indifferent.

I spend 6 months in Texas and Houston is the closest team about 2 hrs away.  Indifferent to them but do not like the Cowboys thus the mostly.

My neighbor has a cowboys flag - need to get a Bills flag for the game next year.

Atlanta based. Really I am ambivalent about the Falcons. Only have room in my heart for one team and I fell in love with the Bills when they drafted Thurman. I have so many great memories with the Bills games, from the 51-3 to the Bills Bengals in 2010. The grit of the team and fans is just hard to walk away from.

The Falcons on the other hand are just bland. They are soft like a lot of Dome teams tend to be. The only time I've ever really rooted for them was the horrible meltdown Superbowl against the Patriots. That sucked!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I live in the Spartanburg, SC area.  The Panthers training camp is here but I could care less.  I have actually tried but just cant get into them.

I have went to watch them play twice though.  Can you guess who they were playing. lol

It actually ironic this thread was created.  I found out today that my new boss is a Bills fan.  He used to live in the Orchard Park area and we were talking about this exact topic briefly.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t have a local team per se.  closest are Browns and Bengals, and after 25+ years here, I’m still completely indifferent.

I lived in Dayton 3 years, tried to be a Bungles fan but couldn't quite do it.  I did see the Bills play in Cincy once, I think 1995. 

Browns were an option for me growing up, but the team just defines "meh".  Even with the Four Falls of Buffalo, glad I went with the Bills!

Chicago area resident, can't explain why but I enjoy when the Bears lose- mainly because the sports media are very entertaining when they do.  I have been to Indy many times and they are my no.2 team.

If anyone picks the first choice- well they should be banned from this board.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Indifferent is really the best way of describing it; as a transplant to the Atlanta area, not only are they (Falcons) not the Bills obviously, but not even the team that would represent my hometown area (Steelers), so I’m basically 2 levels removed from any nominal rooting interest. Doesn’t affect my day in the slightest if they’re doing good or bad. 

13 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Atlanta based. Really I am ambivalent about the Falcons. Only have room in my heart for one team and I fell in love with the Bills when they drafted Thurman. I have so many great memories with the Bills games, from the 51-3 to the Bills Bengals in 2010. The grit of the team and fans is just hard to walk away from.

The Falcons on the other hand are just bland. They are soft like a lot of Dome teams tend to be. The only time I've ever really rooted for them was the horrible meltdown Superbowl against the Patriots. That sucked!!

^^^^This.

14 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I voted mostly indifferent.

I spend 6 months in Texas and Houston is the closest team about 2 hrs away.  Indifferent to them but do not like the Cowboys thus the mostly.

My neighbor has a cowboys flag - 

Which should accidentally catch on fire.....

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

coming from western PA, I am supposed to be a Stillers fan.  I hate the Stillers.  And their fans.

Totally feel you and concur as a fellow western pa native. Agree with everything except that some of my family are Steelers fans as a result, and I can at least say I don’t hate those particular family members, lol. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

I moved down 6 years ago so last year was my first opportunity. I also went to the preseason game a few years back, 2015 maybe?

I missed that one, had to work.

Ive been down here for 13 years from Corning, NY.  Started out in Lake Wylie and then moved to Greenville Spartanburg area. 

Edited by formerlyofCtown