Arians expected to be TB HC tomorrow

Reed83HOF

7 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Come on. I said "do well" as a general statement. 

Hes 67 years old and this qb class isnt great. Might not want to start over with a rookie

He's seen what everyone else has seen form Winston?  He's a drag on that team.  67 years old (and with health problems) and he wants to come in and rack up a ton of losses and deal with Winston.

It doesn't make any sense that Winston would be any kind of draw for Arians.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He's seen what everyone else has seen form Winston.  He's a drag on that team.  ^& years old (and with health problems) and he wants to come in and rack up a ton of losses and deal with Winston.

It doesn't make any sense that Winston would be any kind of draw for Arians.

Winston has played well before. That doesnt mean he wont trade for someone though. Flacco or foles could be a possibility

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Wait one cotton pickin' minute....Jameis was touted as the next coming of Steve Young. How could the analysts be wrong?

Jameis to Steve Young? Jameis is one of the most stationary QB in the league. Who'd make that comparison?

34 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

I was under the impression he retired due to health concerns?  Perhaps I'm wrong....

This is exactly what I was going to post. I thought he stepped away due to heart problems and needed to get away from the long hours. Although, he is one of those coaches that prioritizes family over work. Saw him on that Amazon show, All or Nothing (I think) and he said if he ever sees any of his assistant coaches sleeping in their offices, he'll kick them out and tell them to go home. 

Although I'm pleased with Allen's development so far, what I wouldn't give to have Arians come in and be the QB/assistant HC.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would any HC come out of retirement to try to "do well" with Jameis Winston??

My guess is that if goes to Tampa, he immediately drafts a QB.

Winston is very talented, just lots of issues. If Arians can work with him, he could do well.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Arians/Winston is a good fit. He’s a QB whisperer and probably their last ditch effort to resuscitate that draft pick. Plus Tampa is a good place for Arians, he can feel at home amongst the retired folk.

As much as Jameis has been a moron a bunch of times, the guy is very skilled passer.  That team isn’t that far off.  Plus, Winston has to be on his absolute best behavior.  

They should still draft a qb because I don’t trust Winston at all.

Remember when the speculation was that he would only take the Cleveland job? Psh. Ok bub.

I knew he was gonna get back in the ring when he kept chirping about teams needing to hire an experienced HC during the NE broadcast.

Probably a good hire for TB as they've been just brutal choosing up and comers.

Just now, Yav said:

What a slap in the face to AZ fans. 

You mean the team that just fired a first time head coach after one season with a rookie qb?

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Remember when the speculation was that he would only take the Cleveland job? Psh. Ok bub.

I knew he was gonna get back in the ring when he kept chirping about teams needing to hire an experienced HC during the NE broadcast.

Probably a good hire for TB as they've been just brutal choosing up and comers.

Well, they kept Dirk simply because they wanted continuity for Winston.  Just a FYI for everyone who thinks we shouldn’t replace Brian “Bottom 5” Daboll because of continuity.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You mean the team that just fired a first time head coach after one season with a rookie qb?

Well, they kept Dirk simply because they wanted continuity for Winston.  Just a FYI for everyone who thinks we shouldn’t replace Brian “Bottom 5” Daboll because of continuity.

Continuity for the sake of continuity is a good thing if the goal is to go 7-9. Relieved to hear that Daboll isn't jumping ship for a HC gig?, but they damn well better improve big time next season or this will be his last stint as an OC.