Andy Isabella: Josh Allen's potential new toy

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Now that we got Duke Williams in the fold I want to introduce you guys to Andy Isabella. 5'10 180 pound WR from UMASS who's super productive and has put up the following numbers in the last two seasons

102 receptions
1698 yards
16.6 average
14 Total TD's

65 receptions
1020 yards
15.7 average
11 Total TD's

Obviously didn't play in a big conference but he torched Georgia for 15 receptions, 208 yards and 2 TD's this year. We run a lot of crossing patterns and with Josh Allen we attack deep more than any other team and per PFF who's the best in the nation at both of those. You put him in the fold with Jones, Foster and now Williams and we're starting to put together an impressive WR group for our young QB and without breaking the bank. He's a Day 2 pick.

Great another high motor guy,  no thanks

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

For a split second there, I thought his girlfriend's name was Andy before I opened the thread.

Same here.  I expected to open the thread and see competition for Poyer's wife.  

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Holy crap!

I was reading about this kid.   Against top rated colleges in 3 games he has 26 receptions, 472 yards and 3 TD's.    Georgia  alone he had 15 catches for 219 yards with 2 TD's.

For the season he had 101 receptions for 1697 yards and 13 TD's.  He was clocked with a 4.39 40 yard time.  Not only is he timed fast look at his highlights, you can see that he has serious game day speed.    He looks like he's going to be a legit WR in this league.

If he's available in the 2nd round I'd seriously consider him.    I know Slot receivers typically don't get drafted that early but this kid is for real.   I think he's going to be the most productive receiver out of this years draft.   Look what Georgia players had to say about him.

Watch some of the highlights vs Georgia

You can see he pulls away from likely 1st round DB Deandre Baker and their other DB on the other side.   He's just straight up blowing right by them.

Don't fool around, snag him in the second.

I like McKenzie but wouldnt mind an upgrade.

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

He reminds me of Amendola , Welker, Edleman....

I read an article the other day where they made an all white team vs all black team on Madden and simulated it. Basically it was the Patriots vs everyone else.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's not overlook Anthony Johnson.

Or another FA as well. 

As much as I'm surprisingly happy with the Duke signing, I'd still be all for signing another FA, drafting a guy like Metcalf, AJ, or the like in the second, and this guy in the 5th if he's there. Throw them all in with Zay, Foster, and McKenzie and let them fight it out for the top 5 spots. 

In reference to Izzy here, I wonder how he would fair against McKenzie as they seem to fit the same role - McKenzie at least having more ST experience and skill to offer. But I'm imagining Izzy and McKenzie running mesh concept crossing routes in tight 2x2 sets with outside posts and getting 10 yards minimum everytime.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So he's a potentially high quality receiver who will go further down in the draft.

We should be trading down like crazy, acquiring more picks than we already have, and grabbing a huge number of guys like this in various positions.  

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So he's a potentially high quality receiver who will go further down in the draft.

We should be trading down like crazy, acquiring more picks than we already have, and grabbing a huge number of guys like this in various positions.  

He's going on Day 2. Whether that's Rd 2 or Rd 3 I don't know but guys like him aren't gimmicks anymore. 

5 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

patricheats will trade up to scoop him in the fifth.

I like him, my only red flag is size, durability. at 5ft 10 190lbs he seems a bit on the smallish side no?

All that being said, I would like to have him in the 4th to 5th round, looks like a solid pickup.

Currently, there are some real effective small receivers/gadget players in the NFL: Tyreek Hil for KC and Cohen for Chicago are two of several.  Isabella is no smaller than them.

If we're talking 2nd/3rd/4th round receivers, look out for Tyre Brady from Marshall as well. Dude has the STRONGEST hands in the draft. Plucks balls slightly off target or FIRED with ease. Not the most athletic guy in the world, but he would be an ideal receiver for Allen. Credit to DCOrange for highlighting him in a different forum.

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Geebus you ARE old !
 or a history buff : )

Looks like a great fit in a Bills jersey !

Thanks for the heads up OP  

: )

What?  They don't tell the kids anymore about the king and queen of Spain who sponsored the quest of Christopher Columbus anymore?  I know Columbus is no longer highly admired, but it is part of history.