Andy Isabella: Josh Allen's potential new toy

Holy crap!

I was reading about this kid.   Against top rated colleges in 3 games he has 26 receptions, 472 yards and 3 TD's.    Georgia  alone he had 15 catches for 219 yards with 2 TD's.

For the season he had 101 receptions for 1697 yards and 13 TD's.  He was clocked with a 4.39 40 yard time.  Not only is he timed fast look at his highlights, you can see that he has serious game day speed.    He looks like he's going to be a legit WR in this league.

If he's available in the 2nd round I'd seriously consider him.    I know Slot receivers typically don't get drafted that early but this kid is for real.   I think he's going to be the most productive receiver out of this years draft.   Look what Georgia players had to say about him.

Isabella was so impressive that he even caught the attention of Georgia’s quarterback.

“What a player. I mean, he did a phenomenal job,” the Bulldogs’ Jake Fromm said. “It didn’t matter who we put on him, he was finding a way to get separation and get open. I don’t know if he dropped a ball. I don’t know if anybody else caught a ball. But he did awesome. It seemed like every time they threw it there he was again catching it. Man, great player, really exciting, really fun to watch.”

Unless, of course, you play on Georgia’s defense. Then you’re not as much impressed by Isabella as you are somewhat embarrassed about what he did. Isabella’s 15 catches was the second-most Georgia has allowed in school history and the most ever in Sanford Stadium. His receiving yards were the third-most allowed by the Bulldogs ever.

UMass (4-8) finished with 390 yards total offense, 287 of that coming through the air. The 27 points was the second-most Georgia has given up this season. Missouri had 29.

“We watched a lot of film on him and knew what type of threat he was,” Georgia safety J.R. Reed said. “That offense just did a great job of getting the kid open and playing him in different spots on the field. They feed him the ball really well and he does a good job running good routes. When he’s the main guy in their offense and he sees the ball a lot, those kind of things are going to happen. We didn’t want those kinds of yards to happen, but he’s a good player so he was going to make plays.”

Said starting cornerback Eric Stokes, who was involved in coverage on one of Isabella’s TDs: “He’s the man. He showed what he can do. Going against him will help me in the long run.”

Watch some of the highlights vs Georgia

You can see he pulls away from likely 1st round DB Deandre Baker and their other DB on the other side.   He's just straight up blowing right by them.

Don't fool around, snag him in the second.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GG said:

White, small, shifty from an unheralded program.  Cue the usual calls for the likely landing destination.

Given the speculation that a certain OC formally a member of said likely landing destination may wish to emulate in part or in whole his former employer... perhaps? 

patricheats will trade up to scoop him in the fifth.

I like him, my only red flag is size, durability. at 5ft 10 190lbs he seems a bit on the smallish side no?

All that being said, I would like to have him in the 4th to 5th round, looks like a solid pickup.

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Now that we got Duke Williams in the fold I want to introduce you guys to Andy Isabella. 5'10 180 pound WR from UMASS who's super productive and has put up the following numbers in the last two seasons

102 receptions
1698 yards
16.6 average
14 Total TD's

65 receptions
1020 yards
15.7 average
11 Total TD's

Obviously didn't play in a big conference but he torched Georgia for 15 receptions, 208 yards and 2 TD's this year. We run a lot of crossing patterns and with Josh Allen we attack deep more than any other team and per PFF who's the best in the nation at both of those. You put him in the fold with Jones, Foster and now Williams and we're starting to put together an impressive WR group for our young QB and without breaking the bank. He's a Day 2 pick.

We can't draft him to play WR...he is white...

With the addition of Duke Williams to go along with Jones and Foster, the starters for 3 wide receiver sets may now be on the roster. This makes wide receiver a little lower on the draft priority.  Isabella or someone like him makes some sense.  Getting a player with the potential for creating a big impact with a lower draft pick would be great.  The versatility of Jones to play in the slot or outside, makes the pick of Isabella a workable option.

The free agent moves that the Bills make, will also provide an indication of their future draft direction.  I don't believe that there will be any great free agent receivers available that will sign with the Bills for a reasonable amount of money.  I don't think paying big for a thirty year old receiver is in any of the Bills plans either.  

• Like (+1) 1

Looks quick.    I like posts like this.

I'm afraid of 180 lb guys holding up to NFL pounding and I'd have to compare him to McKenzie who has 4.42 speed, and weighs about the same, knows our system, gets good separation.

The biggest thing with getting new WR's is we have to have guys with exceptional hands that can catch 65mph throws in December.   Maybe this guy can, but I sure hope we don't try to draft anyone to catch Josh's passes until they actually catch some from him during a private pre-draft workout. 

He's not your everyday thrower, which is why I liked that Duke Williams QB in Canada (Reilly) has a cannon arm too.