Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

13 hours ago, #34fan said:

Sansa is alive because of Baylish too, and look what happened to him... The North remembers... Beheading sir Roderik in the courtyard, and murdering the family of farmers could be too much to forgive...   Theon is toast.

lol

the two are not the same. Sansa and Jon have forgiven him. That is enough for the people (who survive)

BTW ... did you see the reception Theon got from Sansa?      One could almost think :wub: :wub:

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

so we've made it thru 69 episodes without seeing any of sansa's goodies but are shown arya's a**crack and sideboob

Well at least the guy who thought Arya was the hottest was pleased someone got laid in the episode.  

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Good episode tonight.  The calm before the storm.

Lots of redemption/forgiveness going on all over the place and many character arcs coming to fulfillment. 

They are setting things up for some glorious deaths in the next episode--needed to clean up loose ends tonight.

I thought the whole Arya Stark sex scene was misplaced; she is an asexual character ever since she turned psycho terminator girl, and she still looks like she's 14 years old.   There is also zero chemistry between her and Gendry.    

I liked the scenes with the gang hanging out around the big fireplace.

Arya has had the hots for Gendry throughout.   You could see her flirting with him in the last ep.  

I have no issues with it at all. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only get away options are the two dragons, so I can imagine Jon and Dany surviving this battle before getting South. Also, could see Yara somehow rescuing a few characters.

Apart from that, how does anyone get through this, especially those in the crypts? 

I thought it it was a solid send off last night for a lot of characters. Does anyone in that room of Jaime, Tyrion, Brienne, Tormund, Davos, and Pod survive? Doubt it they way they spoke of surviving so many battles. 

Thought it was a brilliant episode. "Nothing happened" is exactly the way the show had been for 5 seasons. It was all about character development and spending long conversations with these characters. Then season 6 hits and everything moves at lightning pace. I've really disliked the pace of the show recently, realising of course that story tellers can't carry this out for long periods for financial reason. This episode to me was a more true GoT episode. They are completing the story arcs for a lot of characters, to me that's A LOT happening. Yea I guess it's not a major battle or the Red Wedding or anything like that but you usually only got one of those episodes a season. 

I'm not sure why anyone would think the Ayra sex scene was weird or not part of her character. She's spent 7 years thinking of death as her master and now faced with almost certain death herself she realizes it's the enemy and rather than hanging out with a bunch of old men who only know war, she's choses life and living. It's good character writing IMO. Since coming back to Winterfell she has had the choice to be Arya again. To reconnect with her family. To be her age, although still understand the situation.

Shout out to Ghost, who makes a reappearance as well.

Ya, little surprised how many people found it boring or filler. I thought you could read the tea leaves of how it would leave it strictly on episode run times. I was hoping the cliffhanger would be an appearance from the NK himself, but apparently we’ll get a grander entrance next week.

Edited by Rockpile233

37 minutes ago, eball said:

I thought the giant's blood story was perfect.

And it was right from the books...

He also told a story about how he got really drunk during a snow storm and decided to go have relations with a woman.  He woke up all torn up and wearing a bear skin.  Then heard stories about a naked she-bear roaming the forest with ***** looking man-cubs.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It reminded me of Brienne in the hot tub with Jaime as it was the last person I expected to see half naked.  I thought Massie Williams was under 18 but she's 22.  They shot season 1 when whe was 11.  Gendry is the only character more boring than Bran on this show.

A mostly well done filler episode before we go full Mad Max Fury Road.  Some thoughts... 

-I'd like to thank the writers for reminding us there was a girl burned at the stake. 

-I had a feeling the only way Jaime survives is if Bran keeps his mouth shut which he's good at doing. 

-I think they've gone a little overboard with the relationship between Brienne and Jaime.  We got this already at Riverrun.  Do female knights make less than male knights?

-Tyrion talking to Bran may prove paramount as the season goes on.  The show makes Tyrion briefly stupid to show his brilliance later on.

-Interesting that Bran knows he's the target of the Night King.  The Harry Potter/Lord Voldemort type connection is strong.

-Who becomes a Wight?  My prediction is Davos, Brienne, Dolourous Edd, Grey Worm, Tormund, Beric, and everyone in the crypt.

Now that Brienne is a night ... good night.  She will die with the honor of achieving her life long dream.

With Jaime at Brienne's side he to may die.  

Theon depending on where he is stationed, guarding Sansa or on the battlefield or lives dies. 

Grey Worm, not certain he will die this ep. 

I also think Jon, Sansa, Tyrion and Dany survive. 

4 eps left with the epic battle to come....  

You almost have to think they kill the Night King leaving the last 3 to a(1) set up the battle for the at Kings Landing, (2) the final battle at Kings Landing with the soon to be melted Golden Company and (3) the epilogue. 

When do we see Melisandre again so she must die in Westeros?

Ep 3 or later?   The best scenario IMO is in ep 3 helping to defeat the Night King.

If the Night King doesn't die in ep 3 most certainly 4.  Again they have to leave an ep or 2 for regaining the throne.  How rushed can they end it?  

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Does Bran tell Tyrion about Jon Snow's true lineage?

You almost think it was discussed.  

37 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

The only get away options are the two dragons, so I can imagine Jon and Dany surviving this battle before getting South. Also, could see Yara somehow rescuing a few characters.

Apart from that, how does anyone get through this, especially those in the crypts? 

I thought it it was a solid send off last night for a lot of characters. Does anyone in that room of Jaime, Tyrion, Brienne, Tormund, Davos, and Pod survive? Doubt it they way they spoke of surviving so many battles. 

The Pod training scene showed him an improved fighter.  But alas his time to may come to an end. 

Davos hadt to say if he may survive or not.   Does he need to remain to meet Melisandre again to execute her?

Tyrion will be in the crypts per Dany.  

Oh and when does Bronn show up? 

To Doc Browns question  -   When will the Cleganebowl take place?  The Hound has to survive right?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

30 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Shout out to Ghost, who makes a reappearance as well.

I took notice of his appearance.  :thumbsup:

• episode 1 (April 14): 54 minutes
  • episode 2 (April 21): 58 minutes
  • episode 3 (April 28): 1 hour, 22 minutes
  • episode 4 (May 5): 1 hour, 18 minutes
  • episode 5 (May 12): 1 hour, 20 minutes
  • episode 6 (May 19): 1 hour, 20 minutes

OK  I just checked ...  Maybe the NK gets through to Ep 4 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I loved last night’s episode!! These characters have been intertwined for years. In many cases they were in direct conflict and here they are together, on what may be their last night. It gave them a chance to clear their souls of these burdens that have weighed on them. It was brilliant

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I took notice of his appearance.  :thumbsup:

• episode 1 (April 14): 54 minutes
  • episode 2 (April 21): 58 minutes
  • episode 3 (April 28): 1 hour, 22 minutes
  • episode 4 (May 5): 1 hour, 18 minutes
  • episode 5 (May 12): 1 hour, 20 minutes
  • episode 6 (May 19): 1 hour, 20 minutes

OK  I just checked ...  Maybe the NK gets through to Ep 4 

I think he gets to King’s landing on Visereon. I could see them ultimately making a stand at Winterfell (still not convinced though), but I just imagined the NK would make it south.

Edited by Rockpile233

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

I think he gets to King’s landing on Visereon. I could see them ultimately making a stand at Winterfell (still not convinced though), but I just imagined the NK would make it south.

I get that.

Varys better learn to ride a horse because if he survives that wagon will be too slow for a fast escape.  

Copied from other thread:

Since there are three episodes left after next week we have to assume (don't we?) that the Night King will be defeated.  I think Jon kills him.

I think Jon, Sansa, Tyrion survive.  Theon, Grey Worm, Brienne are almost certain to die.  I'm thinking Jaime will live as there needs to be at least one more encounter with Cersei.

When do we see Melisandre again?

Edit -- on second thought maybe Jaime (Kingslayer) kills the Night King?  Poetic...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, /dev/null said:

so we've made it thru 69 episodes without seeing any of sansa's goodies but are shown arya's a**crack and sideboob

You say that like it’s a bad thing. 

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Good episode tonight.  The calm before the storm.

Lots of redemption/forgiveness going on all over the place and many character arcs coming to fulfillment. 

They are setting things up for some glorious deaths in the next episode--needed to clean up loose ends tonight.

I thought the whole Arya Stark sex scene was misplaced; she is an asexual character ever since she turned psycho terminator girl, and she still looks like she's 14 years old.   There is also zero chemistry between her and Gendry.    

I liked the scenes with the gang hanging out around the big fireplace.

Arya and Gendry have had the hits for each other for years. She survives because she’s pregnant. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, stony said:

In the actual events of the books, the song is mentioned a few times, most prominently when the Ghost of High Heart requests it to be sung to her in the third book, A Storm of Swords. She calls the song “my Jenny’s song.” As soon as the old woman hears it, she begins to weep.

https://www.polygon.com/game-of-thrones/2019/4/21/18510121/game-of-thrones-jennys-song-full-lyrics-podrick-theory-season-8-episode-2

35 minutes ago, eball said:

Copied from other thread:

Since there are three episodes left after next week we have to assume (don't we?) that the Night King will be defeated.  I think Jon kills him.

I think Jon, Sansa, Tyrion survive.  Theon, Grey Worm, Brienne are almost certain to die.  I'm thinking Jaime will live as there needs to be at least one more encounter with Cersei.

When do we see Melisandre again?

Edit -- on second thought maybe Jaime (Kingslayer) kills the Night King?  Poetic...

My guess: I think Jaime will die saving Brienne, and I don’t think there’s any reason for him to have one last encounter with Cersei, though someone, errr... no one, will need his face for an encounter to put her list to bed. 

Also, The hound has to live for Clegane Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1