Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

how does the face claiming thing work?

can she take any dead persons face or does it have to be somebody she killed?

I imagine anyone that is dead 

A possible little finger return?

31 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I think Theon should stay the hell away from the north. -Especially Winterfell... I don't think he'll last a day if he goes back.

Sansa is alive because of him.  

Jon already said he was a Stark

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sansa is alive because of him.  

Jon already said he was a Stark

Sansa is alive because of Baylish too, and look what happened to him... The North remembers... Beheading sir Roderik in the courtyard, and murdering the family of farmers could be too much to forgive...   Theon is toast.

So I'm rewatching the last episode, and my wife sits down - having never seen or read so much as a second or word of GoT before, watches ten seconds of the Dany and Jon after their dragon flight, and asks me to explain the show to her.

"Well, you see, she's the mother of dragons and fireproof,  he's an undead- but-not-quite-undead guy who was resurrected by the priestess of the Lord of Light, they're related and he's the heir to the thrown they think she's the heir to because they don't know they're aunt and nephew yet, because he was brought up as a bastard by...screw it.  The show's about ***** and slit throats."

EDIT: seriously, "in-cest" is filtered?  

Edited by DC Tom
  • Haha (+1) 1

Good episode tonight.  The calm before the storm.

Lots of redemption/forgiveness going on all over the place and many character arcs coming to fulfillment. 

They are setting things up for some glorious deaths in the next episode--needed to clean up loose ends tonight.

I thought the whole Arya Stark sex scene was misplaced; she is an asexual character ever since she turned psycho terminator girl, and she still looks like she's 14 years old.   There is also zero chemistry between her and Gendry.    

I liked the scenes with the gang hanging out around the big fireplace.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

so we've made it thru 69 episodes without seeing any of sansa's goodies but are shown arya's a**crack and sideboob

It reminded me of Brienne in the hot tub with Jaime as it was the last person I expected to see half naked.  I thought Massie Williams was under 18 but she's 22.  They shot season 1 when whe was 11.  Gendry is the only character more boring than Bran on this show.

A mostly well done filler episode before we go full Mad Max Fury Road.  Some thoughts... 

-I'd like to thank the writers for reminding us there was a girl burned at the stake. 

-I had a feeling the only way Jaime survives is if Bran keeps his mouth shut which he's good at doing. 

-I think they've gone a little overboard with the relationship between Brienne and Jaime.  We got this already at Riverrun.  Do female knights make less than male knights?

-Tyrion talking to Bran may prove paramount as the season goes on.  The show makes Tyrion briefly stupid to show his brilliance later on.

-Interesting that Bran knows he's the target of the Night King.  The Harry Potter/Lord Voldemort type connection is strong.

-Who becomes a Wight?  My prediction is Davos, Brienne, Dolourous Edd, Grey Worm, Tormund, Beric, and everyone in the crypt.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

That was the biggest waste of an hour ever. Nothing of importance happened. Total filler.

Calm before the storm

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

-Tyrion talking to Bran may prove paramount as the season goes on.  The show makes Tyrion briefly stupid to show his brilliance later

Does Bran tell Tyrion about Jon Snow's true lineage?

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

-Who becomes a Wight?  My prediction is Davos, Brienne, Dolourous Edd, Grey Worm, Tormund, Beric, and everyone in the crypt.

Including GIlley :cry:  I like Gilley :w00t:

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

That was the biggest waste of an hour ever. Nothing of importance happened. Total filler.

It was. It was a gift to the fans that usually comes in a final episode but can’t in this story. 

Enjoy your favorite characters in this episode, because a lot of them are about to die. If the North and its allies lose this battle, it’s “all” over for Westeros. 

I enjoyed it it but I get your annoyance. 

LOL at anyone who has truly watched the show and thinks last night's episode was a "waste."  It was a terrific episode.  For one, it reinforced that Bran and Jaime are the only two who know Jaime pushed Bran out of the tower, and that there is a "plan" for Jaime (likely a sacrifice for the greater good of the living).

One of the biggest takeaways (for me) from last night was further evidence that Dany has gone beyond trying to "make the world better than we left it" and now sounds more like the power-hungry rulers before her.  Everything is about "retaking the Iron Throne."  This will be her undoing, as I'm now thinking she will not survive to the end.  It would have been so easy for her to reassure Sansa that the North would be left on its own after the war.  I wasn't at all surprised by Dany's reaction to Jon's revelation -- in her mind, the guy whose family she barbecued and Jon's brother want to undermine her.

As noted above this was a last chance to see all of our "favorite" characters again, because many will die in the episode(s) to come.  How can that be "annoying" or "a waste?"

I guess if you only watch the show for the nudity and gore that might be your thinking.

Next week the schitt hits the fan.

• Like (+1) 3

Nice episode.  I enjoyed it immensely.  A lot of these characters won't be in Episode 4. 

My only gripe is the shows decision to turn Tormund into comic relief.  He's become nothing more than a 'bit, and I don't like that.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, stony said:

Nice episode.  I enjoyed it immensely.  A lot of these characters won't be in Episode 4. 

My only gripe is the shows decision to turn Tormund into comic relief.  He's become nothing more than a 'bit, and I don't like that.  

Has Tormund ever been a deep thinker on the show?  Think about it.  He fights, talks about f**king, and looks fierce.

Nothing really happened, but i thought it was great dramatic effect for the upcoming apocalypse.   It was most likely a sendoff for many major characters.  Also needed the last few reunions of the nights watch and theons crew.

If i have one complaint, it was how easily jaime was let off the hook.  I didnt want them to dwell on that forever, but it just seemed kind of conveniently swept under the rug.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Has Tormund ever been a deep thinker on the show?  Think about it.  He fights, talks about f**king, and looks fierce.

That is how he is in the books as well.  Lots of laughing and boasting

Edited by May Day 10

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

That is how he is in the books as well.

I mean, what would have been annoying is if Tormund suddenly began waxing poetic and sharing thoughts of battle strategy.  I thought the giant's blood story was perfect.

1 minute ago, eball said:

I'm picking nits.  He never was a warrior poet, but he wasn't a buffoon either.