Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's possible the third head of the dragon is The Night King and Tyrion being a Targ is just a popular fan theory (or it comes to fruition in the book but not the series).

I saw a pretty convincing theory yesterday on the Night King being a Targ. All related to a few different theories I’ve seen on the spiral imagery.

I’ve seen so many well reasoned theories this week that can’t all be true. I like this one more as it could still be developed through Bran.

Tyrion sitting the throne wouldnt make sense from his character's standpoint.  

As hand, no matter what he did to temper his sister's impulses and take care of/feed the people... and despite almost single-handedly saving the city from a brutal sacking.... the common people hated his guts more than anyone.

IMO his character will either have to die saving Jaime (or maybe the Targs).... or find true love, inherit Casterly Rock, and live happily ever after.

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Tyrion sitting the throne wouldnt make sense from his character's standpoint.  

As hand, no matter what he did to temper his sister's impulses and take care of/feed the people... and despite almost single-handedly saving the city from a brutal sacking.... the common people hated his guts more than anyone.

IMO his character will either have to die saving Jaime (or maybe the Targs).... or find true love, inherit Casterly Rock, and live happily ever after.

There’s no “happily ever after” in GoT. 

And we we are all gonna be pissed at the end when Bran wakes up from a dream next to Bob Newhart.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

And we we are all gonna be pissed at the end when Bran wakes up from a dream next to Bob Newhart.

I said the exact same thing at work yesterday.  :lol:

Or cut to Tyrion playing with a snow globe of King's Landing, with Jaime commenting to Cersei "What's he thinking about?"

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, K-9 said:

There’s no “happily ever after” in GoT. 

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I said the exact same thing at work yesterday.  :lol:

Or cut to Tyrion playing with a snow globe of King's Landing, with Jaime commenting to Cersei "What's he thinking about?"

There's a special place in hell for you two... :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, eball said:

There's a special place in hell for you two... :lol:

I'm not necessarily saying it should end that way...but as an after-credits shot?

Or even better, George R. R. Martin playing with a snow globe of King's Landing, and Jaime comments to Cersei "I wonder if he'll ever be finished with that?"

• Haha (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Nanker said:

"Every man thinks his dwarf son is a bastard." Tyrion Lannister 

Tyrion might indeed be the bastard son of the Mad King. 

That might make him the heir to the throne more so than Jon (Aegon). 

Tryion, Jon, and Danaerys all had mothers who died at their birth.

The preview showed Danaerys speaking to Jamie and saying that she and her brother used to sit up nights talking about what they would do if they ever caught the man who killed their father. 

Also, Tyrion looks more like a Targaryan than a Lannister in the books (his hair is supposed to be the same color as Dany's).  Tyrion had "dragon dreams" as a child.  All three felt an instant connection in the show.  THIS THEORY WILL HAPPEN IN THE BOOKS DAMN IT!!!

The show threw a wrench into the whole theory by the Night King killing Viserion, resurrecting him, and then riding him to tear down the wall.  It's hard for Tyrion to be the third head of the dragon when the dragon is a white walker.  One wild card is Melisandre who said she'd come back to Westeros one last time to die.  Maybe she can somehow resurrect Viserion.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm not necessarily saying it should end that way...but as an after-credits shot?

Or even better, George R. R. Martin playing with a snow globe of King's Landing, and Jaime comments to Cersei "I wonder if he'll ever be finished with that?"

Or the imminent destruction of the North.  The Army of the Dead marching on Winterfell.  The night king astride his undead dragon ready to strike

The battle is lost.  Eescape for Jon, Dany, and the the living seemed hopeless.  When suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack.

The CGI peril was no more

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

25 hours 25 minutes 

if Jamie goes on trial do the walkers attack in E2 or E3?

This is the last episode under an hour so I doubt we'll see a major battle.  Episode three at the earliest is my guess..  The one valuable thing Jaime brings with him is the knowledge that Cersei has no intention on joining forces to take on the army of the dead.  However, he did kill Dany's father, the Queen of Thornes, and tried to kill Dany's dragon so she pry isn't a fan of his.  He tried to kill Bran and killed the Karstark kid so his only friend there is Brienne (maybe Tyrion?).  I'm not even sure Bran tells his siblings Jaime pushed him out of the tree.  Bran is basically Spock now so he won't let emotion get in the way of Jaime's fate.  Bran may see that Jaime still has a role to play and saves him from Dany's wrath.  I'm assuming Bran has seen some of the good things that Jaime has done like saving thousands of lives.

Here's some questions I have going into the episode:

-Does Jon tell Dany about his true parentage and will she believe him?  If she does, how will she take the news?  Jon spent his entire life with a bastard's mind set and has no interest in power.  Dany has been obsessed with wanting to sit on the Iron Throne since season 1.

-Why did Bran make it a priority for Jon to learn the truth about his real parents?

-When will the Cleganebowl take place?

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

if Jamie goes on trial do the walkers attack in E2 or E3?

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This is the last episode under an hour so I doubt we'll see a major battle.  Episode three at the earliest is my guess..  The one valuable thing Jaime brings with him is the knowledge that Cersei has no intention on joining forces to take on the army of the dead.  However, he did kill Dany's father, the Queen of Thornes, and tried to kill Dany's dragon so she pry isn't a fan of his.  He tried to kill Bran and killed the Karstark kid so his only friend there is Brienne (maybe Tyrion?).  I'm not even sure Bran tells his siblings Jaime pushed him out of the tree.  Bran is basically Spock now so he won't let emotion get in the way of Jaime's fate.  Bran may see that Jaime still has a role to play and saves him from Dany's wrath.  I'm assuming Bran has seen some of the good things that Jaime has done like saving thousands of lives.

My guess is

Dany wants revenge for her father

Sansa and Arya want justice for their father

Jon wants justice for his father/uncle and wants to see Dany get her revenge (out of being unsure what to do with the news he received)

The Lords of the North despise the Lannisters

Tyrion and Brienne make an impassioned defense of Jamie

Bran sees the big picture and is willing to forgive

The sentence is Death

But before the sentence is carried out, news arrives that the Whitewalkers are nearing Winterfell or have massacred a nearby town.

Jamie makes a plea to delay his sentence so that he can stand with The Living against The Dead

31 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

My guess is

Dany wants revenge for her father

Sansa and Arya want justice for their father

Jon wants justice for his father/uncle and wants to see Dany get her revenge (out of being unsure what to do with the news he received)

The Lords of the North despise the Lannisters

Tyrion and Brienne make an impassioned defense of Jamie

Bran sees the big picture and is willing to forgive

The sentence is Death

But before the sentence is carried out, news arrives that the Whitewalkers are nearing Winterfell or have massacred a nearby town.

Jamie makes a plea to delay his sentence so that he can stand with The Living against The Dead

Very plausible although Sansa knows it was Joffrey who ultimately decided Ned's fate.  I think they'd be more pissed at him making their brother a cripple.  

It would be a cool completion to Jaime''s character arch if he ends up sacrificing himself to somehow save Bran.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

how does the face claiming thing work?

can she take any dead persons face or does it have to be somebody she killed?

Pretty sure it's anybody. The Faceless men had a whole warehouse full of faces. Also, multiple persons wore the face of Jaqen Hghar, the first face that Arya met.

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

I think Theon's story arc, like Jamie's, is moving towards redemption

There can be redemption in death.  I don't think Yara will care as long as Theon doesn't die a coward.