Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lol.   Angry?  

Thats just dumb 

Thousands of Angry Game of ThronesFans Call on HBO to Remake Season 8

Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers,” demands a change.org petition that has drawn more than 40,000 signatures—and counting.

It’s no secret that a lot of fans are not loving the way the HBO drama’s final season is unfolding—and now, droves of them are calling on the premium cabler to invest millions to remake the season from the ground up. “David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on,” the petition reads. “This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!”

Week after week, fans have lamented the plot twists and aesthetic details of each successive episode: the lighting, poorly conceived character deaths, interactions between characters that didn’t quite land right, and character twists that seemed like utter betrayals of years’ worth of storytelling. But no matter how strong viewer hatred for Season 8 may be, it seems impossible to imagine that HBO would ever remake an entire season of television—especially one that is already perhaps the most expensive season in the history of the medium. Also, Thrones fans might want to remember that HBO, of all platforms, is plenty familiar with controversial endings—so droves of outraged fans are unlikely to worry the premium cabler much.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers,” demands a change.org petition that has drawn more than 40,000 signatures—and counting.

It’s no secret that a lot of fans are not loving the way the HBO drama’s final season is unfolding—and now, droves of them are calling on the premium cabler to invest millions to remake the season from the ground up. “David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on,” the petition reads. “This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!”

Week after week, fans have lamented the plot twists and aesthetic details of each successive episode: the lighting, poorly conceived character deaths, interactions between characters that didn’t quite land right, and character twists that seemed like utter betrayals of years’ worth of storytelling. But no matter how strong viewer hatred for Season 8 may be, it seems impossible to imagine that HBO would ever remake an entire season of television—especially one that is already perhaps the most expensive season in the history of the medium. Also, Thrones fans might want to remember that HBO, of all platforms, is plenty familiar with controversial endings—so droves of outraged fans are unlikely to worry the premium cabler much.

Holy f*king snowflakes  :wallbash:

#notmyseason8 :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Did I say just dumb?

I was too kind.  

F'ing IDIOTS 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

52 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I thought Dany couldn't have any more children?   Her unsullied are multiplying like rabbits.  

5cdc561524000031007f01ac.jpeg

She just takes all the civilian boys she didn't kill and castrates them for the photo op.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Did I say just dumb?

I was too kind.  

F'ing IDIOTS 

Meh, it's probably a coping mechanism for people that can't handle the disappointment that the series is ending.  Maybe if they trash the show and stomp their feet enough they'll convince themselves that they never really liked it to begin with, and then they won't feel as bad when it ends.

50 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I thought Dany couldn't have any more children?   Her unsullied are multiplying like rabbits.  

5cdc561524000031007f01ac.jpeg

I don't know, there's maybe 2-3k unsullied in that photo.  She started with 8k, plus the ones that hadn't completed training, so maybe 10k.  Doesn't seem all that crazy.

I was on the Forum of Ice and Fire early in the week and was taken aback by the seemingly unanimous venom towards the show.

I have been critical, and feel a definite downgrade the past 2 seasons... but there is still more good than bad.  For example, I did not like Dany's character progression to be compelled to perform those actions in S8, E5... but regardless, the thing was visually spectacular.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Meh, it's probably a coping mechanism for people that can't handle the disappointment that the series is ending.  Maybe if they trash the show and stomp their feet enough they'll convince themselves that they never really liked it to begin with, and then they won't feel as bad when it ends.

I don't know, there's maybe 2-3k unsullied in that photo.  She started with 8k, plus the ones that hadn't completed training, so maybe 10k.  Doesn't seem all that crazy.

Yeah, I know but come on ...   man up    lol 

She supposedly lost half of here forces... 

How did they all fit inside Winterfell to begin with?   ;)  

I'm just having some fun with the people that thought the WW decimated both armies.  

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I was on the Forum of Ice and Fire early in the week and was taken aback by the seemingly unanimous venom towards the show.

I have been critical, and feel a definite downgrade the past 2 seasons... but there is still more good than bad.  For example, I did not like Dany's character progression to be compelled to perform those actions in S8, E5... but regardless, the thing was visually spectacular.

Ad yet THEY will all watch (so they can complain some more) 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I've "suffered" through plenty of great shows that didn't end well. 

I'm basking in the spectacle and appreciating the impression this show has made on me. There's no difficulty in sticking with it for the end.

While easily accomplishing it's humorous intentions, part of that petition also respresents the height of self-righteous fandom.

• Like (+1) 1

People are nuts. I’m not in love with this season for many of the reasons we have hashed out, but it’s still incredible entertainment.

Hated how the night king story arc ended, but The Long Night was one of the most entertaining episodes of television I’ve ever watched. 

Last week was amazing. Wish we had more development to get there, but once again just incredible television (especially Arya/Clegane scenes).

I’ll try to appreciate however it ends. I would put money on Martin never finishing the books, so I think this is the only ending we get.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

`My daughter turned me onto the show back in March of last year and we've gotten through it all with about a month before season 8 began.

All I can say is that I've loved almost every minute of it and loved the last episode.

I hope anyone other than Sansa sits on the throne. I don't care for or trust her character ... I'm guessing she'll kill John Snow/Targaryan.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

These are people that reread the books and spend years coming up with different theories.  If you're that emotionally invested in something you're bound to be disappointed.

2 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

People are nuts. I’m not in love with this season for many of the reasons we have hashed out, but it’s still incredible entertainment.

Hated how the night king story arc ended, but The Long Night was one of the most entertaining episodes of television I’ve ever watched. 

Last week was amazing. Wish we had more development to get there, but once again just incredible television (especially Arya/Clegane scenes).

I’ll try to appreciate however it ends. I would put money on Martin never finishing the books, so I think this is the only ending we get.

If he hasn't started A Dream of Spring yet then he'll pry be writing the final book well into his 80's (he's 70 now) so I give it a 50/50 chance.

I have read the books... some of them more times than Id like to admit.  I feel a strong attachment to the story, world, and characters....

I don't know....  I guess I'm at the place where I consider the screen and print versions separate.  I have faith that (if he finishes) GRRM will better develop a lot of things that 'bother' me.  I watch the show, and I'm like.... "OK, this is their version".  

While I have plenty of criticisms, I dont think anything is a 'story killer' or even close to that.   It is still a great show, even post-book content.

I am also used to watching adaptations of Stephen King's books.  Im used to about a 1 out of 10 on the scale of quality adaptations.

• Like (+1) 1

It seems like nowadays, people just have to find something to complain about.

I get it... the show is closing up too fast, and the writers did F some things up.  (Jamie's character arc and ending the Night King storyline way too simply.)  That said, it's still the best television I've ever watched.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yeah, I know but come on ...   man up    lol 

She supposedly lost half of here forces... 

How did they all fit inside Winterfell to begin with?   ;)  

I'm just having some fun with the people that thought the WW decimated both armies.  

Ad yet THEY will all watch (so they can complain some more) 

Well I sure am questioning it!

In the WW fight.....it looked like just about everyone literally got wiped out......for christ sake you had undead roaming the halls of the castle unabated?

• Like (+1) 1

After a few days I’ve come to accept the sentiment that in a perfect world some of these story arcs could have been more deliberately developed, and the end of the series has been rushed out of a forced necessity. 

That said — coming from a non-book reader — I don’t have a “problem” with how the season has progressed because I don’t think they’ve done anything with the characters that is a complete surprise. 

I think they’ve certainly done a good job of preserving the mystery of what will happen in the finale. 

• Like (+1) 2