Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

Mad Queen Daenerys holds court over her ashen kingdom

The Mad Queen accuses Jon Snow, the existential threat to her claim, of treason in a scene mirroring the deaths of Ned Stark's father and brother.  Dracarys...except Jon Snow is also a Targaryian.  Aegon the Unburnt, reborn of fire, true heir to the Iron Throne is revealed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeaaaaa... I’ll be glad when this is done. It’s been a rough past 2 seasons and the writing just hasn’t been great. It’s all a bit messy and rushed.

It’s not where the plot lines have gone it’s how they’ve got there. Dany can go crazy, Arya can give up her revenge, Jamie’s moral compass can break and Tyrion can become an idiot but man these needed time to develop and breathe.

Oh and nothing like the baddest, most evil women dying by some poor infrastructure! She dies just like extra #23!

• Like (+1) 1

A huge comet crashes to earth and wipes out KL. 

Everyone dies. 

Digital Spy

And as far as he's concerned, there only are seven books. But he struck an agreement with David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss], the showrunners of the series, that he would not publish the final two books until the series has completed.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27454564/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-finished-last-two-books/

Wow, what an episode.  I was exhausted by the time the credits rolled.

Cleagen Bowl?  Holy cow, was I squirming in my seat when The Mountain started squeezing The Hounds eyes.

Just a question on a minor aspect of the episode... Was there any significance on that girl that was Varyus' spy?  She appeared in a number of scenes in KL, but I believe was killed by fire, after Arya tried to save her.  Was she the same girl that showed up in the soup line at Winterfell?

Just curious to see if anyone has any theories about her.

Anyway... I agree with most of you that the last two seasons could've been spread out a bit longer, but I'm still loving it!

35 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

.. a question on a minor aspect of the episode... Was there any significance on that girl that was Varyus' spy?  She appeared in a number of scenes in KL, but I believe was killed by fire, after Arya tried to save her.  Was she the same girl that showed up in the soup line at Winterfell?

That's what I thought....same girl.  Not sure of the significance of her.

Great episode last night.

One fo the best scenes for me was the Varys' execution.

Tyrion being honest with him about his betrayal and laying a simpathetic hand on Vary's forearm  Varys' takes that action like a hug. Then Drogon appearing from the shadows to finish him off was perfect. The camera goes to Jon and he looks at Dany, wondering if that wasn't a bit too much.

I don't who said a dozen pages back "***** be crazy" as a way to describe this episode, you were not wrong, my friend, even though it wasn't plural.

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Danys' turn wasn't very believable for me, she would've gone right for Cersei in the Red Keep than massacre a bunch of people in the streets imo.

Unless you believe the poetic justice of the whole thing is so that Cersei can watch everything be destroyed in front of her before she finally dies. 

27 minutes ago, mrags said:

Unless you believe the poetic justice of the whole thing is so that Cersei can watch everything be destroyed in front of her before she finally dies. 

I was thinking it was reminiscent of the cathedral/church thing that she had destroyed with all her enemies inside many seasons ago.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

That's what I thought....same girl.  Not sure of the significance of her.

That little girl was sitting with Varys in the crypt during the battle at Winterfell.   Apparently she was one of Varys little birds.  Varys was trying to poison Dany and the girl worked in the kitchen.   That's why she was reporting to Varys that Dany wasn't eating. 

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I was thinking it was reminiscent of the cathedral/church thing that she had destroyed with all her enemies inside many seasons ago.

That's exactly what it was when Cersei destroyed all her enemies with wildfire.

• Thank you (+1) 2

?? 

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yeaaaaa... I’ll be glad when this is done. It’s been a rough past 2 seasons and the writing just hasn’t been great. It’s all a bit messy and rushed.

It’s not where the plot lines have gone it’s how they’ve got there. Dany can go crazy, Arya can give up her revenge, Jamie’s moral compass can break and Tyrion can become an idiot but man these needed time to develop and breathe.

Oh and nothing like the baddest, most evil women dying by some poor infrastructure! She dies just like extra #23!

This guy gets it. After being rock solid for five seasons, it's mailed in.

My thoughts on GOT season 8 so far.

They rushed a lot of character development. HBO said go ahead and have more episodes, the directors said no we only needed 6, such a fail right there...

At the end of season 2 in the house of the undying we see dany walk through the red keep in kings landing. We all thought it was ice, but it was ash. This is the ending we should have all predicted. She became the mad queen, only because she was forced to because of how crazy Cersei was.

Bran and the knights king story arc bothers me though, the rest I’m okay with.

60340882_2325792470776742_24700853847012

Also from earlier in season 4/5 we see Bran have a vision of a dragon over kings landing, last night we saw that take place.

new-game-of-thrones-info-hints-at-import

I guess Dany and John had a choice to make. Either destroy Cersei and Kings Landing first. (which would have been even easier before episode 3) or to go fight the knight king first before his army gets even bigger and nearly impossible to defeat. I'm slowly understanding the directors mindset. I still hated episode 4 the most.

She finally listened to Lady Tyrell. "Be A Dragon" It's the only way she would be beat somebody who destroyed everyone at the Citadel with wildfire, including her family. You simply cannot negotiate with someone like that. They both ended up being "mad queens" in the end.

I do really wish they would have beaten Cersei first, taken the seven kingdoms, fell back from Winterfell and made the last fight. Fire Vs Ice, winter is coming, the endless night that was developed for 8 seasons the last 2 episodes. I kind of wish I saw that. John and Dany vs the knight king in kings landing I think would have been a better ending.

When Cersei and Jamie are in the red keep in the room with the map of the 7 kingdoms on the floor while hearing dany in the dragon in the background, also one of my favorite parts of the episode. They are both left wondering was all this worth it. Pushing Bran out of that window resulted in all of this.

We finally got Cleganebowl as well, thought it was the best fight of the series and the cinematography was incredible throughout the entire episode.

Does anyone think the horse was Bran?

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Wow, what an episode.  I was exhausted by the time the credits rolled.

Cleagen Bowl?  Holy cow, was I squirming in my seat when The Mountain started squeezing The Hounds eyes.

Just a question on a minor aspect of the episode... Was there any significance on that girl that was Varyus' spy?  She appeared in a number of scenes in KL, but I believe was killed by fire, after Arya tried to save her.  Was she the same girl that showed up in the soup line at Winterfell?

Just curious to see if anyone has any theories about her.

Anyway... I agree with most of you that the last two seasons could've been spread out a bit longer, but I'm still loving it!

The girl in Winterfell had a burn scar on the right side of her face.  

36 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

My thoughts on GOT season 8 so far.

They rushed a lot of character development. HBO said go ahead and have more episodes, the directors said no we only needed 6, such a fail right there...

At the end of season 2 in the house of the undying we see dany walk through the red keep in kings landing. We all thought it was ice, but it was ash. This is the ending we should have all predicted. She became the mad queen, only because she was forced to because of how crazy Cersei was.

Bran and the knights king story arc bothers me though, the rest I’m okay with.

60340882_2325792470776742_24700853847012

Also from earlier in season 4/5 we see Bran have a vision of a dragon over kings landing, last night we saw that take place.

new-game-of-thrones-info-hints-at-import

I guess Dany and John had a choice to make. Either destroy Cersei and Kings Landing first. (which would have been even easier before episode 3) or to go fight the knight king first before his army gets even bigger and nearly impossible to defeat. I'm slowly understanding the directors mindset. I still hated episode 4 the most.

She finally listened to Lady Tyrell. "Be A Dragon" It's the only way she would be beat somebody who destroyed everyone at the Citadel with wildfire, including her family. You simply cannot negotiate with someone like that. They both ended up being "mad queens" in the end.

I do really wish they would have beaten Cersei first, taken the seven kingdoms, fell back from Winterfell and made the last fight. Fire Vs Ice, winter is coming, the endless night that was developed for 8 seasons the last 2 episodes. I kind of wish I saw that. John and Dany vs the knight king in kings landing I think would have been a better ending.

When Cersei and Jamie are in the red keep in the room with the map of the 7 kingdoms on the floor while hearing dany in the dragon in the background, also one of my favorite parts of the episode. They are both left wondering was all this worth it. Pushing Bran out of that window resulted in all of this.

We finally got Cleganebowl as well, thought it was the best fight of the series and the cinematography was incredible throughout the entire episode.

Does anyone think the horse was Bran?

Is that first bolded section true?  I thought they were told to limit the number of episodes.  If so, bad, bad move.

As for the second bolded section, that's very possible.

And I knew from episode one of this season, when Cersei didn't send her troops to Winterfell, that the NK would be defeated.  Kind of killed the suspense.