Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh but who gaf about some slighted eunuch general's feelings? We're talking about the brother of the Queen in the North, legitimate (former) heir to Iron Throne, former King in the North, all that. KL doesn't have jurisdiction over Night's Watch anymore, why should Sansa care about keeping Grey Worm happy? 

Technically, we are talking about the cousin of the Queen in the North. 

Anyway, more to your point, the writers left the distinct impression that Jon was heading north with the free folk. Castle Black is closed to him as the scene of him looking back at the closing gate suggested. 

But if you want to continue to torture yourself over these mundane issues, more power to you.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

If Brann doesn't control the North (and the Night's Watch by proxy) anymore, why is Sansa making Jon fulfill his punishment?

I don't think they are forcing Jon.   My "theory" is that's where he wanted to go as he felt a kinship with the north and that his Targaryen blood doesn't matter to them .

To me,

Jon is King beyond the Wall,  Sansa Queen / ruler of the North, Bran the Cripple rules the 6 kingdoms and Arya is sailing off into the sunset like Bilbo Baggins at the end of LOTR on a grand adventure 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Technically, we are talking about the cousin of the Queen in the North. 

Anyway, more to your point, the writers left the distinct impression that Jon was heading north with the free folk. Castle Black is closed to him as the scene of him looking back at the closing gate suggested. 

But if you want to continue to torture yourself over these mundane issues, more power to you.

The entire show is about how lineages inform policy. I don't see how that's mundane.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don't think they are forcing Jon.   My "theory" is that's where he wanted to go as he felt a kinship with the north and that his Targaryen blood doesn't matter to them .

To me,

Jon is King beyond the Wall,  Sansa Queen / ruler of the North, Bran the Cripple rules the 6 kingdoms and Arya is sailing off into the sunset like Bilbo Baggins at the end of LOTR on a grand adventure 

110%

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm tortured!

Lol!

We've all been there to be sure. My advice is to wait for the final two books. Of course, given GRRM's glacial pace, none of us will be around when they're finally published, so have at it!

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

To me,

I guess there's some closure in another Targaryen living out his days way up north. 

And I'll just leave it at this because there's definitely been enough written about this last season...but as someone who read the book series (I am a passing fantasy fan, not a huge Martin guy by any means) that was a pretty weak Great Council considering they basically rewrote the succession rules from primogeniture to electorate. 

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I guess there's some closure in another Targaryen living out his days way up north. 

And I'll just leave it at this because there's definitely been enough written about this last season...but as someone who read the book series (I am a passing fantasy fan, not a huge Martin guy by any means) that was a pretty weak Great Council considering they basically rewrote the succession rules from primogeniture to electorate. 

I think the wheel was meant to be broken and I'll be surprised if GRRM doesn't destroy or otherwise render the throne unimportant. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Being a composer is the best gig in Hollywood imo (if only I had a whisker of musical ability)... Who knew Ramin could play like that? Thanks for sharing :beer: 

I was surprised to see Brad Paisley in there. He can definitely bend the strings. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I've started rewatching GoT and I really wish we would have gotten more Syrio Forel. Very well played.

Yeah, he was great. He established Arya's foundation as a fighter. His death scene was fantastic. His last words to Arya were about the god of death. Awesome scene.