Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

golly gee but the podcast experts have shot the biggest ball of ***** ever at the closing

to me going from Blondie's death to summer camp deciding on who should take over, reminded me of...

Scene:  Open to a forest.

Arthur:  "O knights of Ni, we have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?"

You can probably fill in the next 3 minutes of silliness which has ruined any gravity for me in GoT or other fantasy stuff.. thankfully

18 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

My point is that the article is saying we're "finally" gonna know, like it's a mystery. It's not, though. We even got a flashback to the Night King being created. It will be interesting to see the finer details, sure, but it's not like we're waiting to "finally" find out.

Star Wars gave us a brief origin story of Darth Vader, but we didn't even get a flashback for that. And Vader going to the Dark Side was much more of a process than just getting stabbed in the heart. There was a lot more "mystery" in that regard.

For the Night King, we know:

How he was made

How he gets White Walkers (sons of the north/freefolk)

How he raises the dead

What his motivations are

The Lord of Light is the big mystery. We have much less details and saw no physical representation of him that we know of.

I'm 99.9% on the theory that Bran/The Three-Eyed Raven was the actual "Lord of Light". And it was the people who mistook his works for some kind of divine intervention.

We know the LoL was the Night King's opposite. Yet the Night King himself was obsessed with the Three-Eyed Raven.

The Night King was made under the Weirwood Tree, the same trees that the TER gets his power from.

The Night King can raise the dead into Wight Walkers. The LoL can raise the dead into Fire Wights (Jon, Beric, maybe even Melisandre)

IMO, I like that they left that up to discussion and interpretation. I personally dont need every detail of every show wrapped up with a bow and spoon fed to me. No fun in that.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

nothing mattered in the end

all those years of building up Jon's Targaryen bloodline, the prowess of the NIght King, handing the rule to the King of Shade Bron the Broken

it didn't matter at all.... and they end up like Seinfeld's prison cell arguing about brothels and other silly things

it was fun to watch though

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Nice Nuremberg rally at the beginning. So much lameness left unresolved

This guy gets it. Arguably the coolest story arc dropped like it was hot.

This wasn't dropped...this will be the next series.... and the faceless man component will be back.

39 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm 99.9% on the theory that Bran/The Three-Eyed Raven was the actual "Lord of Light". And it was the people who mistook his works for some kind of divine intervention.

We know the LoL was the Night King's opposite. Yet the Night King himself was obsessed with the Three-Eyed Raven.

The Night King was made under the Weirwood Tree, the same trees that the TER gets his power from.

The Night King can raise the dead into Wight Walkers. The LoL can raise the dead into Fire Wights (Jon, Beric, maybe even Melisandre)

IMO, I like that they left that up to discussion and interpretation. I personally dont need every detail of every show wrapped up with a bow and spoon fed to me. No fun in that.

I don't mind it, either.

They'll probably shed more light on it in the prequel, though.

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

This wasn't dropped...this will be the next series.... and the faceless man component will be back.

Sounds like there won't be an Arya spin-off, FWIW

Game of Thrones spinoff featuring Arya Stark isn't happening according to HBO boss

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-arya-stark-spinoff-hbo

BOOOOOO @ HBO ?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

nothing mattered in the end

all those years of building up Jon's Targaryen bloodline, the prowess of the NIght King, handing the rule to the King of Shade Bron the Broken

it didn't matter at all.... and they end up like Seinfeld's prison cell arguing about brothels and other silly things

it was fun to watch though

It all mattered even though the show almost seemed to purposefully try to show it didn't.

-Dany doesn't torch the city of Jon doesn't find out about his Targaryen bloodline.

-Without the Night King's prowess the Wildling population isn't nearly wiped out, the three eyed raven doesn't die, the children of the forest don't die, Hodor doesn't die, Jon isn't killed in a mutiny to be later ressurrected, the Stark's likely lose Battle of the Bastards without the Wildlings leaving Ramsey as the Warden of the North, Dany's dragon doesn't die,  a lot of the secondary characters don't die, and Arya's training doesn't pay off.

-As far as Bran being king, the show could've made a convincing case that Bran's goal was to rule Westeros all along.  He obviously can see into the future knowing Arya would kill the Night King and his "Why did you think I came all this way?" quote when being offered the iron throne.  He made sure Jon knew about his true lineage causing the chain of events that caused Jon stabbing Dany causing him to be exiled up North (taking out the two people with the best claim to the throne).  Bran said he didn't want to be king of Winterfell suggesting to Tyrion he'd be the right choice to take the Iron Throne.  Competent writers would've made sure the audience knew he didn't simply luck out to claim the ultimate prize.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It all mattered even though the show almost seemed to purposefully try to show it didn't.

-Dany doesn't torch the city of Jon doesn't find out about his Targaryen bloodline.

-Without the Night King's prowess the Wildling population isn't nearly wiped out, the three eyed raven doesn't die, the children of the forest don't die, Hodor doesn't die, Jon isn't killed in a mutiny to be later ressurrected, the Stark's likely lose Battle of the Bastards without the Wildlings leaving Ramsey as the Warden of the North, Dany's dragon doesn't die,  a lot of the secondary characters don't die, and Arya's training doesn't pay off.

-As far as Bran being king, the show could've made a convincing case that Bran's goal was to rule Westeros all along.  He obviously can see into the future knowing Arya would kill the Night King and his "Why did you think I came all this way?" quote when being offered the iron throne.  He made sure Jon knew about his true lineage causing the chain of events that caused Jon stabbing Dany causing him to be exiled up North (taking out the two people with the best claim to the throne).  Bran said he didn't want to be king of Winterfell suggesting to Tyrion he'd be the right choice to take the Iron Throne.  Competent writers would've made sure the audience knew he didn't simply luck out to claim the ultimate prize.

Can Bran truly see into the future or is it a "always in motion is the future" kind of thing?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Can Bran truly see into the future or is it a "always in motion is the future" kind of thing?

he's the guy who knew everything that would happen, after it did and doesn't bother telling people in advance

i'm sure you have a few of them in your life, they get the Oscars and every sports game correct after its over

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Actually...I don't believe Bran engineered anything.  He knew or discerned what was going to happen, but said nothing, just letting things play out.  It was Sam that told Jon of his lineage...not Bran.  It was Jon that told his sisters, not Bran.  (I believe he even said to Jon:  "It's up to you," as they all stood near the weirwood tree.)

In the end, I think everyone can agree that despite the ending, the final season was rushed and the writing went south.

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If Brann doesn't control the North (and the Night's Watch by proxy) anymore, why is Sansa making Jon fulfill his punishment?

so GreyWorm will feel this was punishment, GW doesn't know much about the North's situation

Just now, row_33 said:

so GreyWorm will feel this was punishment, GW doesn't know much about the North's situation

Yeh but who gaf about some slighted eunuch general's feelings? We're talking about the brother of the Queen in the North, legitimate (former) heir to Iron Throne, former King in the North, all that. KL doesn't have jurisdiction over Night's Watch anymore, why should Sansa care about keeping Grey Worm happy? 

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

he's the guy who knew everything that would happen, after it did and doesn't bother telling people in advance

i'm sure you have a few of them in your life, they get the Oscars and every sports game correct after its over

Seems he can as everything that played out worked to his advantage.  The Night King was defeated and he became King of the Six Kingdoms.  Even though he just looked like he was sitting there being useless.

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Actually...I don't believe Bran engineered anything.  He knew or discerned what was going to happen, but said nothing, just letting things play out.  It was Sam that told Jon of his lineage...not Bran.  It was Jon that told his sisters, not Bran.  (I believe he even said to Jon:  "It's up to you," as they all stood near the weirwood tree.)

In the end, I think everyone can agree that despite the ending, the final season was rushed and the writing went south.

It can be argued that Bran knew Jon would tell them if he said "It's up to you" giving him the illusion of choice.  Again, we'll never know because of the crappy writing and rushed pace.