Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It seems to me that D&D and maybe GRRM were pissed that people figured-out Jon Snow's secret and deliberately screwed him over, as has been his lot in life.  I thought he deserved much better and was wondering WTF the Dothraki and Unsullied were to have any say, considering the genocide they committed. 

When you sit on your fatass for 8 freaking years you deserve to be "figured" out 

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I was annoyed a little when the council or whatever they are called, were talking at the end, and someone kept interrupting right when it seemed like they were going to reveal something.  I'm guessing the writers didn't know what to say about whatever they were talking about?  I'll have to re-watch it again to see if I can figure it out.

Other than comic relief it was almost useless IMO. 

44 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

People hate ALL endings right after it airs. Its only after a few years of cooling of and reflecting do folks realize how decent they were. Same will happen for anyone complaining about last night's episode.

It was good. As good as could be expected. They wrapped it all up nicely and the Starks "won" on all fronts. Ned would be proud. What more can anyone ask for?

When I posted last night it was at the Council meeting and I thought it ill timed and it irritated me. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah but Ygritte is gone and he can't take a woman.  Maybe he violates that by going beyond the wall, I don't know.  But he didn't seem happy about it when they mentioned it to him. 

And while they have numbers, there was a reason that they didn't kill Jon, Tyrion and anyone else they could find after Jon killed Dany. 

There is no need for a nights watch 

I doubt anyone in Westerose really cared where Jon went.  I'd say 99.99999% of them wanted someone to kill the Queen. 

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

Jon Snow is a total idiot and loser. If he didn’t want the throne, he should’ve just STFU and not told anyone. Good chance Dany doesn’t turn, he could’ve lived happily ever after with her. I hope the chump enjoys those cold winter nights with Tormund. :doh:

a21.jpg

but he did know this 

Theyre+the+perfect+couple+_11c30854dff55

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

Jon Snow is a total idiot and loser. If he didn’t want the throne, he should’ve just STFU and not told anyone. Good chance Dany doesn’t turn, he could’ve lived happily ever after with her. I hope the chump enjoys those cold winter nights with Tormund. :doh:

Bran was telling everyone anyway... It needed to happen in order for Bran to be king. Everyone else are just Bran's pawns.

5 hours ago, mrags said:

Pretty sure that’s the plan 

Not according to the council. Their plan is to decide on a ruler at that spot whenever a new one is needed...

Jon Snow is the single most built up character in all of film and TV history that has almost no payoff what so ever.  All the build up for the NK showdown...nothing.  All the build up for taking the throne...nothing.  All we got was him simply stabbing someone in the easiest moment possible.  Doesn’t even get memorialized being killed by the dragon.  I mean wow, literally his role could have been done by many of the characters at any point.  

This season felt like the writers got fired and replacements came in.  There is a petition going around to reshoot the final season lol, that’s also a waste of time.  Funny, but a waste of time.  HBO is not going to spend a gazillion dollars to redo a whole season.  But it’s a fitting statement to just how rushed and silly the final season became.

Before this, the show LOST had the worst ending ever.  That title now firmly and decisively belongs to Game of Nonsense.  To be fair, I hear Dexters final season and finale was pretty bad, but I only watched the first season, so don’t know how it compares.  But GOT sits atop my mountain of worst final seasons and finales.  

I enjoyed the ride, so still got plenty of enjoyment out of it.  But man did they botch this final season.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Rico said:

He knew that other people knew; the chance that somehow Dany would find out in the future meant that he had to say something. Better for her to find out from him.

Plus, he probably didn't want to continue sleeping with his aunt; gotta say something other than "yeah, I'm just not feelin' it".

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Jon Snow is the single most built up character in all of film and TV history that has almost no payoff what so ever.  All the build up for the NK showdown...nothing.  All the build up for taking the throne...nothing.  All we got was him simply stabbing someone in the easiest moment possible.  Doesn’t even get memorialized being killed by the dragon.  I mean wow, literally his role could have been done by many of the characters at any point.  

This season felt like the writers got fired and replacements came in.  

There is a petition going around to reshoot the final season lol, that’s also a waste of time.  Funny, but a waste of time.  HBO is not going to spend a gazillion dollars to redo a whole season.  But it’s a fitting statement to just how rushed and silly the final season became.

Before this, the show LOST had the worst ending ever.  That title now firmly and decisively belongs to Game of Nonsense.  To be fair, I hear Dexters final season and finale was pretty bad, but I only watched the first season, so don’t know how it compares.  But GOT sits atop my mountain of worst final seasons and finales.  

I enjoyed the ride, so still got plenty of enjoyment out of it.  But man did they botch this final season.  

Wait, so Jon uniting the wildlings and Night's Watch, taking back Winterfell, uniting Dany's armies with the North to fight the Night King, and being literally the only person alive that Drogon would've allowed close to Dany for the killing stroke mean nothing?

I'm not saying this was master-level story-telling, but come on.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

That episode made no sense to me. Early on they show Greyworm slicing the throats of the Queens enemies, the Lannister army. Then Jon Snow kills the Queen and Tyrian betrayed her and these loyal followers of hers the Dothraki and the Unsullied hold them as prisoners... Really ? ... Tyrians, head should've been on a stake and Jon Snow should've been a mid day snack for Drogon.

Then they make Bran the weird ruler of 6 kingdoms. Outside of being pushed off a tower for being a peeping Tom and being used as bait so Arya could kill the night king, what did he do ?

Why was Sansa allowed to exclude the north from the other kingdoms without any protest from anyone else ?

I can't blame everyone, myself included, from laughing at Sam's idea of allowing everyone to vote. The Russians would've just influenced the vote and nobody from Westeros would've had the balls to stand up to them.

Last but not least I blame Hodor for the bad ending. If he had just left Bran the weird in the snow or pushed him off a cliff seasons ago the ending would've been better. I knew I should've been rooting for the Night King and his army of undead to win the great battle.

Yeah, I've been saying what you said in the first paragraph.  There was a reason they kept them both alive.  And they should have had no say in what happened to either of them.

As for Bran, that at least makes sense.  He's knows every single detail of history so he can learn from it, has no ambitions and can't have kids, so he'd be the best ruler. 

53 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Then they make Bran the weird ruler of 6 kingdoms. Outside of being pushed off a tower for being a peeping Tom and being used as bait so Arya could kill the night king, what did he do ?

I get what you're saying, I do, but Bran literally manipulated the timeline, for multiple seasons, to engineer: 

* The death of the Night King

* The death of Cersei Lannister

* The death of the Mad Queen

* The liberation of the North

He did it all from his chair, and most of that was implied/off screen/subtext, but he did more than any other character to engineer the outcome we got. In the books I'm certain this will work better because Bran is much more interesting in the book due to the limitations of film vs literature in getting inside someone's inner world. In the show it felt like a cheap victory because so much of the above was done off screen or through subtext and Bran disappeared for almost two entire seasons when he went over the wall. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I get what you're saying, I do, but Bran literally manipulated the timeline, for multiple seasons, to engineer: 

* The death of the Night King

* The death of Cersei Lannister

* The death of the Mad Queen

* The liberation of the North

He did it all from his chair, and most of that was implied/off screen/subtext, but he did more than any other character to engineer the outcome we got. In the books I'm certain this will work better because Bran is much more interesting in the book due to the limitations of film vs literature in getting inside someone's inner world. In the show it felt like a cheap victory because so much of the above was done off screen or through subtext and Bran disappeared for almost two entire seasons when he went over the wall. 

I still blame Hodor.

Arya killed the Night King, Bran was just bait

Queen Dani killed Cersei

Dani wasn't mad, she did what needed to be done. Did you see all those green explosions going on when she was wasting Kings Landing ? ... She saved her armies

**** the North ... except the Wildlings of course

?

• Thank you (+1) 1

One of the take aways from this season for me will always be that I guess I dont understand math

It looked to me like the battle with the night king nearly wiped out ALL of Dany/Winterfell forces......then I watch Dany addressing her army (which did not even include the Winterfell Soldiers and i felt like I was watching that scene from Star Wars where Chancellor Palpetine was looking at imperial army WHERE DID THEY ALL COME FROM......the undead were roaming the castle at will and it looked like both the Dothraki and Unsullied armies were obliterated!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

One of the take aways from this season for me will always be that I guess I dont understand math

It looked to me like the battle with the night king nearly wiped out ALL of Dany/Winterfell forces......then I watch Dany addressing her army (which did not even include the Winterfell Soldiers and i felt like I was watching that scene from Star Wars where Chancellor Palpetine was looking at imperial army WHERE DID THEY ALL COME FROM......the undead were roaming the castle at will and it looked like both the Dothraki and Unsullied armies were obliterated!

I think it was mentioned in episode 5 that half her armies bit the dust against the night king.

But those unsullied breed like rabbits.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Bran was telling everyone anyway... It needed to happen in order for Bran to be king. Everyone else are just Bran's pawns.

Not according to the council. Their plan is to decide on a ruler at that spot whenever a new one is needed...

Bran played Jamie to get tossed from the wall

Bran played Tyrion to keep making mistakes with Dany

11 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I think it was mentioned in episode 5 that half her armies bit the dust against the night king.

But those unsullied breed like rabbits.

ironic isn't it? 

16 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I still blame Hodor.

Arya killed the Night King, Bran was just bait

Queen Dani killed Cersei

Dani wasn't mad, she did what needed to be done. Did you see all those green explosions going on when she was wasting Kings Landing ? ... She saved her armies

**** the North ... except the Wildlings of course

?

LOL 

Dany wanted to wipe out ALL of Westerose.  You read the closed captioning translations.   Winterfell, Dorne, etc etc etc 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Bran played Jamie to get tossed from the wall

Bran played Tyrion to keep making mistakes with Dany

ironic isn't it? 

LOL 

Dany wanted to wipe out ALL of Westerose.  You read the closed captioning translations.   Winterfell, Dorne, etc etc etc 

I'd bend my knee for Dani anyday, not to mention her knee and other things..

I still blame Hodor for everything.

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Drogon....

"If Dany's not sitting on the Iron Throne, then no one is."

***** you, ***** you, ***** you, ***** you.. you're cool.. ***** you, ***** you, ***** you.... I'm out.

Who knew Bran was playing the game this entire time? He had all the cheat codes. Just skipped his way to the end. Not really fair...

Tyrion was right, though. Bran is the best candidate for ruler.

The new throne is a wheel chair.

I love that Arya is the kingdom's chief explorer now. That's perfect for her.

What does Bran have planned for Drogon? He said he'll find him. Will he use Drogon and any additional dragons to unite the entire world beyond Westeros?

It seems like the wheel is a bit cracked, but still turning. Not entirely broken.

I was confused by the fact that Drogon flies off with Dany and leaves Jon alone with the remnants of the Iron Throne. No one else witnessed him murdering Dany, yet in the next scene he's imprisoned and Grey Worm wants him killed. How did they find out? Did Jon confess? If so, why?

I think everybody knew when they sent Jon back to the "Night's Watch" that he was gone.  With no Wildlings and no White Walkers, there's no need for it.  As far as him fathering no children and all the other rules the Watch had... yeah, right.

Question: You think the freefolk formerly known as Wildlings look at Jon as the King Beyond the Wall?

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

5 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I was confused by the fact that Drogon flies off with Dany and leaves Jon alone with the remnants of the Iron Throne. No one else witnessed him murdering Dany, yet in the next scene he's imprisoned and Grey Worm wants him killed. How did they find out? Did Jon confess? If so, why?

Grey Worm should've killed him on the spot .... Tyrian too.... Traitors I say.

And also, Jon was a ******* idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Echoing what May Day said above: Jon confessed, per his code of honor. 

Me, I would have freed Tyrion and booked it. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Jon isn't the smartest knife in the drawer 

30 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I think everybody knew when they sent Jon back to the "Night's Watch" that he was gone.  With no Wildlings and no White Walkers, there's no need for it.  As far as him fathering no children and all the other rules the Watch had... yeah, right.

Question: You think the freefolk formerly known as Wildlings look at Jon as the King Beyond the Wall?

I do and said as much as they went north into the spring 

• Like (+1) 1