Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

We knew Dany was dying tonight when she was in the house of the undying and walked through the walls gates and saw Drogo and her child in the tent in season 2. She asked "is this heaven" or "Am I dreaming" (Something along those lines) I cannot believe how important that episode was to the end of everything.

Edited by Awwufelloff

What a sappy and crappy ending.

So we are to believe that the other kingdoms agree to let Sansa Stark and the north be their own separate kingdom while they are ruled by Bran, another Stark. Ridiculous. GOT completely ***** the bed this last season and this last episode was the ***** icing on the cake. Incredibly bad and extremely boring conclusion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

OK a couple of things

- John Snow gave Dany EVERY CHANCE to give him a morsel of hope that she understood what he was trying to say......when she said "they dont have a choice" I think that was the final straw.

- Why did Drogon not torch John Snow....is it because he was a Targaryn

- I always get very sad at the end of these no matter how poorly they are done.....felt the same way on Battlestar Galactica....felt the same way on Falling Skies..I imagine the Walking Dead is next.

Stopped watching Falling Skies so I never saw the end.  Was it good?

The moment this series jumped the shark was when John and his men were stranded well beyond the wall and help seemed to arrive minutes later after he sent someone on horseback to travel likely dozens of miles for help.

Too much of the last 2 seasons have been completely implausible, including tonight's episode. 

And honestly, not Martin's fault. It's the fact that HBO apparently hired crappy writers.

51 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The moment this series jumped the shark was when John and his men were stranded well beyond the wall and help seemed to arrive minutes later after he sent someone on horseback to travel likely dozens of miles for help.

Too much of the last 2 seasons have been completely implausible, including tonight's episode. 

And honestly, not Martin's fault. It's the fact that HBO apparently hired crappy writers.

The whole thing just makes me reminence......

John and company are surrounded by undead......Dany arrives with her dragon and saves them JUST in the nick of time LOSES A DRAGON IN THE PROCESS

Fast forward to final episode......John Snow kills Dany.   I think I am really heartbroken over that and need therapy.   Dany why could you not just relent a bit and spare Tyrion and admit that burning children of kings landing was something you really did not want to do.  Why?   John Snow probably does not kill you then.

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So, the writers are crap, but you loved the first 5-6 seasons? Got it. :rolleyes:

Martin had years to flesh out HIS story. He didn't. The blame lies with him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

What a sappy and crappy ending.

So we are to believe that the other kingdoms agree to let Sansa Stark and the north be their own separate kingdom while they are ruled by Bran, another Stark. Ridiculous. GOT completely ***** the bed this last season and this last episode was the ***** icing on the cake. Incredibly bad and extremely boring conclusion.

Considering the North was an independent kingdom for thousands of years prior to the Targaryen rule, that part made sense.  It was an anticlimatic and predictable finale though.  Martin pry provided them the final outline once the show got past the books and expected the writers to fill in the details.  Unfortunately, it was hit and miss (mostly miss) for the writers since then. 

I wonder in pre production of the show if D&D went up to Martin and said you'll have the books finished in six years so we can complete the series exactly as you want it.  Right?

Martin:  Oh, definitely.

• Haha (+1) 1

Drogon....

"If Dany's not sitting on the Iron Throne, then no one is."

***** you, ***** you, ***** you, ***** you.. you're cool.. ***** you, ***** you, ***** you.... I'm out.

Who knew Bran was playing the game this entire time? He had all the cheat codes. Just skipped his way to the end. Not really fair...

Tyrion was right, though. Bran is the best candidate for ruler.

The new throne is a wheel chair.

I love that Arya is the kingdom's chief explorer now. That's perfect for her.

What does Bran have planned for Drogon? He said he'll find him. Will he use Drogon and any additional dragons to unite the entire world beyond Westeros?

It seems like the wheel is a bit cracked, but still turning. Not entirely broken.

• Like (+1) 1

I liked it.

Not the way they ended everyone's story arc in season 8, but that they gave us a resolution.

There wasn't a quick cut to black, or cliffhanger. It's over. No more to tell.

It was very Lord of the Rings.

Instead of a Shire, we get the Wall.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It seems like the wheel is a bit cracked, but still turning. Not entirely broken.

The wheel is more solid than ever.

With a "king" to choose after the death of the last one, each house will be fighting for that thing forever.

Just imagine the amount of people trying to kill the guy on the throne, too.

Not to mention the North... they should be building a southern wall, asap.

Their "compromise" might create 50 years of peace, before a thousand years of war.

Yeah... it certainly wasn't a great ending, but I'll take it.

This series deserved a LOT better.

I will say that the scene with the "small council meeting" with Bronn was cringe inducing.

Edited by Bad Things

6 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The wheel is more solid than ever.

With a "king" to choose after the death of the last one, each house will be fighting for that thing forever.

Just imagine the amount of people trying to kill the guy on the throne, too.

Not to mention the North... they should be building a southern wall, asap.

Their "compromise" might create 50 years of peace, before a thousand years of war.

Right. 

It'll work initially because Bran is a great leader and has magical powers.

After he's gone, it all falls apart again.

If not through true democracy, the line of succession should run through the three eyed ravens.

33 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Right. 

It'll work initially because Bran is a great leader and has magical powers.

After he's gone, it all falls apart again.

If not through true democracy, the line of succession should run through the three eyed ravens.

Pretty sure that’s the plan 

Not angry about the ending but feel like the show needed more seasons.  It was however bad in a few areas

-what was the point of the tower of joy John Snow is a Targaryen angle?  Sam thought it important enough to tell John but as he is sitting there trying to decide a king he fails to mention they have the true king locked up?  And after all that Aegon build up he continues being John Snow? It was maybe the most important storyline in the show and at the end seemed pointless

-What the hell does a three eyed raven even do?  And why was the Night King trying so hard to kill him?

-why were the Walkers trying to kill humans so badly?  What was their endgame?

-the nobles had option beyond option fora King and they were super blown away by Tyrions choice because Bran "told good stories" lots of self importance by the collective writers there.

Loved the show but man did this season feel rushed.  It almost felt like they abandoned really important story lines just to get to the ending.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not angry about the ending but feel like the show needed more seasons.  It was however bad in a few areas

-what was the point of the tower of joy John Snow is a Targaryen angle?  Sam thought it important enough to tell John but as he is sitting there trying to decide a king he fails to mention they have the true king locked up?  And after all that Aegon build up he continues being John Snow? It was maybe the most important storyline in the show and at the end seemed pointless

-What the hell does a three eyed raven even do?  And why was the Night King trying so hard to kill him?

-why were the Walkers trying to kill humans so badly?  What was their endgame?

-the nobles had option beyond option fora King and they were super blown away by Tyrions choice because Bran "told good stories" lots of self importance by the collective writers there.

Loved the shoq but man did this season feel rushed.  It almost felt like they abandoned really important story lines just to get to the ending.  

-It's likely Dany doesn't go mad if she thinks Jon's just some bastard from Winterfell who would make a great husband when she's queen.  He had the more legitimate claim to the throne and she didn't take it so well.  Jon (against his moral code) killed Dany.  Her followers (the Dothraki and Unsullied) were unhappy so there's no way he could've taken the iron throne without another war breaking out.  I think the show also wanted to change how a king is chosen as the lineage of succession has led to constant conflict.  Having a panel choose a king/queen is essentially breaking the wheel  .One step closer to a democracy despite Sam being laughed at.

-As far as the Night King and the three eyed raven, I think the whole point of him was for people to buy GRRM's books if he ever finishes them.  Their POV chapters will be fascinating.  The endgame for the Night King and the WW's was apparently an endless night.  Whatever the hell that means.

The final third part of this episode felt like the ends of Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter to me and pry would've worked better in a movie.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1