Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

I think it's pretty clear why Martin hasn't finished the books: while he knows how they end, he has no idea how to "get there from here."

That's why the show suffered when they passed the books.  It became a litany of plot points loosely connected by a narrative structure.  The finale made that clear.   That should be a lesson to all writers, aspiring and professional.

• Like (+1) 1

Well they were either going all out war, or all out feel good - guess they felt we needed a lift :D

When they say "GoT is over" do they just mean until the spin off shows they basically showcased at the end?

Review:  Made me laugh, made me cry - I'll miss those people, but good for them!  8.5 / 10. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Well they were either going all out war, or all out feel good - guess they felt we needed a lift :D

When they say "GoT is over" do they just mean until the spin off shows they basically showcased at the end?

Review:  Made me laugh, made me cry - I'll miss those people, but good for them!  8.5 / 10. :beer: 

You cried from what?

• Thank you (+1) 1

OK a couple of things

- John Snow gave Dany EVERY CHANCE to give him a morsel of hope that she understood what he was trying to say......when she said "they dont have a choice" I think that was the final straw.

- Why did Drogon not torch John Snow....is it because he was a Targaryn

- I always get very sad at the end of these no matter how poorly they are done.....felt the same way on Battlestar Galactica....felt the same way on Falling Skies..I imagine the Walking Dead is next.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I think it's pretty clear why Martin hasn't finished the books: while he knows how they end, he has no idea how to "get there from here."

That's why the show suffered when they passed the books.  It became a litany of plot points loosely connected by a narrative structure.  The finale made that clear.   That should be a lesson to all writers, aspiring and professional.

As I said somewhere, to someone, earlier - D&D are not Martin. It's not their story and I don't blame them for not being as good as Martin in telling HIS story. People maybe be angry at them or HBO, but in the end - Martin failed to finish his own story. He's to blame if people are disappointed in the last few seasons. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Have you seen Lost?

Was just going to say this.  Throw in Seinfeld too.

And after that, I won't be wasting time watching the prequel. 

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

As I said somewhere, to someone, earlier - D&D are not Martin. It's not their story and I don't blame them for not being as good as Martin in telling HIS story. People maybe be angry at them or HBO, but in the end - Martin failed to finish his own story. He's to blame if people are disappointed in the last few seasons. 

I agree with this

Most of the major plot points are fine.... but the build up and context has been hollow.  

I enjoyed that episode. This guy makes some great points, guessed it a few weeks ago.

47 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK a couple of things

- John Snow gave Dany EVERY CHANCE to give him a morsel of hope that she understood what he was trying to say......when she said "they dont have a choice" I think that was the final straw.

- Why did Drogon not torch John Snow....is it because he was a Targaryn

- I always get very sad at the end of these no matter how poorly they are done.....felt the same way on Battlestar Galactica....felt the same way on Falling Skies..I imagine the Walking Dead is next.

Walking dead has been terrible for like 4-5 seasons. I stopped watching because it was so terrible and repetitive.  I'm going to start watching Vikings, as I hear that its a similar genre to GOT and extremely well written.

• Like (+1) 1