Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

43 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

The finale has leaked.

So has the 2 or 3 previous episodes 

thats TD why I avoid most spoilers.  

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Theory I saw posited that the Three-Eyed Raven is actually the ultimate evil.

Could be.   

Or just some random wish. 

Can there be 2 evils in the end?

Should there be two evils in the end?

8 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Regarding Jaime, Dany was outvoted by Jon and Sansa.  And before you argue that she could have just went full Mad Queen and overruled them, she still needed The North but had not yet solidified her position

Dany had warned Varys in S7 not to betray her and was quite clear what the consequences would be

She did indeed.....which is why I dont understand why anyone would hate on Dany for executing him.

I saw no problem with it really.....he was undermining her.

I definitely stay away from the leaks, I’ll wait a couple days.

The Bran theory, while an interesting thought, wouldn’t make sense. They went the Dany mad route and the preview shows her proudly facing her people. Don’t think that jives with Bran warging  into Drogon. She had control.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

The Bran theory, while an interesting thought, wouldn’t make sense. They went the Dany mad route and the preview shows her proudly facing her people. Don’t think that jives with Bran warging  into Drogon. She had control.

Or he warged into Dany...

The two days she sat in her room without eating was them battling for control of Dany's body.

He's in total control now and got revenge for his family.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

She did indeed.....which is why I dont understand why anyone would hate on Dany for executing him.

I saw no problem with it really.....he was undermining her.

I agree.  I initially missed that Varys was trying to poison her and I thought she executed him for supporting Jon over her/telling everyone about Jon, which could also be reason enough.

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

Yeah if Drogon were going Rogue(on?), she would have tried to do something.  She was happily riding along.

I think that a better and easily done alternative would have been that after the bells sounded, she gordto the Red Keep to kill Cersei.  Then she lands among her new subjects to introduce herself, and they revolt, shouting and throwing things, and then she gets angry realizing they'll never love her.  But I think they wanted her to go mad (I still don't see why it happened at that point) so that when they kill her in the last episode, people aren't distraught.

I'm not happy that this final season was rushed and that the character development and nuanced dialogue we have been used to have given way to huge battles and pyrotechnics this season.  I never watched this series for the battles.  I watched it for the overall story, the characters, the well-written dialogue and the plot twists. 

If folks were expecting a "happy ending" this season regarding certain characters they've grown to like, Dany apparently being one of them, hearken back to the first season when Ned Stark was suddenly separated from his head!  We were genuinely shocked!

Dany going nuts didn't shock me, more than disappoint me.  (There were signs throughout the previous seasons she was capable of turning vengeful completely.)   I somehow wished that the true battle for the throne would have been between she and Jon and how would they work that out in the final episode(s), without a lot of bloodshed.  With Dany's actions, I suspect that she will have to be done away with...by someone who could get close enough to her to do the deed...likely Jon.  I think we can likely predict Tyrion will be imprisoned for treason.  I'm hoping he survives and does not meet the same fate as Varys.  Folks are going to scatter and go their separate ways and someone will ascend to the throne, but allow regional rulers to have some sovereignty...which presupposes Dany's demise.  Otherwise they're all toast...literally.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1

Rewatching the episode, everything Dany says reveals her underlying commitment to burning all of King's Landing. 

She never agrees to Tyrion's plea to wait for the bells. She answers by telling Greyworm to wait for her signal and he'll know it's time.

Dany spent two days alone grieving and contemplating. By the end, she was committed. She sat atop the wall with Drogon, just hoping for  posterity's sake that the bells would not ring. Disappointed when the did, but it was virtually meaningless none-the-less.

8 hours ago, Nanker said:

Dany’s brother got what he wanted - a gold crown. Maybe Dany gets what she wants but then gets to be with her Dothraki husband and child. 

He's busy ruling Atlantis.  Also, how did Daario in Mareen take the news of his past lover killing hundreds of thousands of innocents?

So I finally had the chance to watch this episode.

I haven't read any comments, but I'm really curious as to how people feel about it. To me, while I want to see Khaleesi go down, this just isn't believable (cue the "like Dragons are believable" guy to chime in). Not only did she get all angry at first and start burning down the city, she kept it up for... how long exactly are we supposed to believe? Sure seems like a long time.

I wonder how Martin would feel about this. Was this his plan all along? We are watching the supposed rightful heir (up until recently at least) just spiral quickly downwards. And now it'll end predictably with Jon Snow on the throne. It almost just seems obvious. Can we even have Tyrion or Sansa or Arya on the throne? It's almost silly at this point.

With that said, it's at least a wildly entertaining silly. I'll miss the show, but it's high point clearly was the Red Wedding. Such a shame it chose to go down such a relatively formulaic path.

• Like (+1) 1

Jon’s not going to end up on the throne. My $.02...either Dany will “win” and destroy her enemies or the whole concept of the throne will be abandoned (since KL is now rubble) and the kingdoms will be left to govern themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So I finally had the chance to watch this episode.

I haven't read any comments, but I'm really curious as to how people feel about it. To me, while I want to see Khaleesi go down, this just isn't believable (cue the "like Dragons are believable" guy to chime in). Not only did she get all angry at first and start burning down the city, she kept it up for... how long exactly are we supposed to believe? Sure seems like a long time.

I wonder how Martin would feel about this. Was this his plan all along? We are watching the supposed rightful heir (up until recently at least) just spiral quickly downwards. And now it'll end predictably with Jon Snow on the throne. It almost just seems obvious. Can we even have Tyrion or Sansa or Arya on the throne? It's almost silly at this point.

With that said, it's at least a wildly entertaining silly. I'll miss the show, but it's high point clearly was the Red Wedding. Such a shame it chose to go down such a relatively formulaic path.

Actually I would bet money Jon doesn't end up on the throne.  He doesn't want it.  He's going to end up north...rejoining Ghost.  It can't be Dany.  She's gone too far over the edge.   Maybe no one will take it and all the kingdoms will have sovereignty.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Actually I would bet money Jon doesn't end up on the throne.  He doesn't want it.  He's going to end up north...rejoining Ghost.  It can't be Dany.  She's gone too far over the edge.   Maybe no one will take it and all the kingdoms will have sovereignty.

I'll bet money on one thing...

Dany WON'T end up on the Throne.

This episode suddenly turned Dany into Cersei and made Cersei vulnerable.

It's just so weird.

Regardless, I think Jon clearly saw firsthand what a violent, cold-hearted malicious leader can do.

He takes the Throne, or one of the 7 if they're divided up, at the very least.

8 hours ago, jkeerie said:

He didn’t want to be

Lord Commander of the Nights watch

Or King of the North. 

Yet he was.  

I guess its possible his sense of what his duty is changed while watching the attack on kings landing.

I'm thinking he will probably sacrifice himself to eliminate dany and/or drogon, thus eliminating the targaryen line.  I think it will almost certainly conclude with 7 kingdoms.

9 hours ago, eball said:

Jon’s not going to end up on the throne. My $.02...either Dany will “win” and destroy her enemies or the whole concept of the throne will be abandoned (since KL is now rubble) and the kingdoms will be left to govern themselves. 

The latter is my guess

9 hours ago, jkeerie said:

He's going to end up north...rejoining Ghost

I hope so.  It really bothered me how he left things with Ghost

Edited by /dev/null
  • Haha (+1) 1

Emilia Clarke's reaction to reading the script for the last GoT episode.

We feel your pain Emelia and still love you regardless of how dumb & dumber ruined your character. 

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I hope so.  It really bothered me how he left things with Ghost

Ghost is happy without John now.

"Somewhere North of the Wall"

1ghost.thumb.jpg.38c194ce674a0f687f10aa25280be3c1.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1