Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Interesting idea that Bran sent the horse.   But ... how far can one worg?  I know he can see through all the wherewoods. 

At this point in the show where characters can travel from one location to another in seconds - this is now a moot point.

Image result for gendry in the boat

• Haha (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Turning heel?!  She's been a homicidal maniac since season 2.  The only difference is this season there is nobody strong-willed or with the stones to reign in her worst instincts.  The coin landed a long time ago, she is and has been the Mad Queen.

The books are more instructive on this topic, so I'm a bit biased in that regard, but anybody who didn't see this coming has a remarkably short memory and/or likes boobies and blonde hair enough to have selective blindness when it comes to the Dragon Queen.

I disagree and no I have not read the books

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is just off the top of my head and all from the show:

Tells the Thirteen at Qarth that she will "burn cities to the ground" when her dragons are grown.  Jorah attempts to get her to use some restraint, but that loser Xaro who wanted to bang her lets her into the city to his peril.  She eventually locks him in his own safe presumably to starve.

Orders her new slave army to slaughter every slaver in Astapor.

Crucifies scores of people at Mereen.  Barristan tries unsuccessfully to talk her out of that.

Burns every Khal alive in season 6 (one could argue that this was self-defense of sorts).

Threatens to crucify slavers again in season 6 and lay waste to the cities in the bay.  Tyrion talks her out of it.

Season 7 Tyrion is unable to talk her out of burning alive Lord Tarly and his only son with claim to his estate.

Repeatedly, and I mean repeatedly, states that she will sack and burn King's Landing.  She is talked out of it several times, only to defy all of her advisors at the last minute.  Likely her plan all along.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Yeah, there was supposed to be a shot of ravens flying in the sky not long before the end, but I don’t remember it.

A huge flock of ravens flew over Blackwater Bay right before Dany attacked the Iron Fleet. Didn't think of it that way at the time, until I read this, great point. 

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have read the books and there is little to no indication at this point

Any example people give at this point is acts of survival, justice, or holding her rule as nearly any other ruler in this story is required to do.  It is like arguing that Jon is going mad because he beheaded Janos Slynt.  There has been nothing to indicate she would start murdering children and women.

She spent most of the last book with her dragons chained up because one allegedly burned a child.  She was absolutely devastated with the news.  People were counseling her to take some pretty brutal measures against the great masters of Meereen and she refuses every time.  To the point that she is making a political marriage with a dufus (and probably a homosexual) in an attempt to politically bring peace to Meereen with no bloodshed.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Tells the Thirteen at Qarth that she will "burn cities to the ground" when her dragons are grown.  Jorah attempts to get her to use some restraint, but that loser Xaro who wanted to bang her lets her into the city to his peril.  She eventually locks him in his own safe presumably to starve.

Crucifies scores of people at Mereen.  Barristan tries unsuccessfully to talk her out of that.

Burns every Khal alive in season 6 (one could argue that this was self-defense of sorts).

Threatens to crucify slavers again in season 6 and lay waste to the cities in the bay.  Tyrion talks her out of it.

Season 7 Tyrion is unable to talk her out of burning alive Lord Tarly and his only son with claim to his estate.

Repeatedly, and I mean repeatedly, states that she will sack and burn King's Landing.  She is talked out of it several times, only to defy all of her advisors at the last minute.  Likely her plan all along.

Perhaps you think that conquerer's of a time such as when Game of Thrones should be nice political types.

She did some bad *****.....she also showed a heart along the way.   I would follow her because she is not weak sauce (although i might give her a funny look if I was a Dothroaki charging into the enormous army of the undead)

Slavers should be slaughtered

Examples were made by crucificition rememeber she is changing the tone and didnt want slavers coming up behind her changing what she fixed

Her listening to her hand at times caused more problems then it solved

I really think that burning kings landing was NOT the plan all along....I think she was prodded into it by a cumulation of things.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really think that burning kings landing was NOT the plan all along....I think she was prodded into it by a cumulation of things.

Dany’s plan all along was to take the throne “by whatever means necessary.” Despite an occasionally kind heart she always showed a disposition towards violence and the worst kept secret in Westeros was that she would torch the place after everyone closest to her had either been killed (Jorah, Missandei), misled her (Varys, Tyrion), or rejected her (Jon). The only “ally” she had left was Grey Worm, equally disposed towards violence and (now) vengeance. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, eball said:

Dany’s plan all along was to take the throne “by whatever means necessary.” Despite an occasionally kind heart she always showed a disposition towards violence and the worst kept secret in Westeros was that she would torch the place after everyone closest to her had either been killed (Jorah, Missandei), misled her (Varys, Tyrion), or rejected her (Jon). The only “ally” she had left was Grey Worm, equally disposed towards violence and (now) vengeance. 

She was brought up in volence.....what do you expect?

And she did not show a "occasional" kind heart....she absolutely did not need to free slaves on her way to her ultimate goal.....any more then she had to help John Snow in protecting Winterfell

31 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

There are even more examples, she talks about the entire duration of the show. It's subtle but it's definitely there. No clue how everyone had an issue with the last episode, it was fantastic.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Varys knew what was coming and tried to poison her. I'm not sure if anyone caught that but the little girl who came in said shes not eating or drinking. Varys said we will try at supper, he wanted her gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Varys knew what was coming and tried to poison her. I'm not sure if anyone caught that but the little girl who came in said shes not eating or drinking. Varys said we will try at supper, he wanted her gone. 

Do you think there was any significance in Varys taking off all of his rings/jewelry before being lead to his doom? 

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

Do you think there was any significance in Varys taking off all of his rings/jewelry before being lead to his doom? 

When Varys took of his rings/jewelry it reminded me of Al Pacino's final scene from Donnie Brasco

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

There had to be something there. Also, when Tyrion touched him and he looked down, what was that all about? 

It's funny we knew the ending all along from season 2 in the house of the undying. If only we could put it all together. That scene will be in  shows episode 6 of season 8. 

3 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

There had to be something there. Also, when Tyrion touched him and he looked down, what was that all about? 

It's funny we knew the ending all along from season 2 in the house of the undying. If only we could put it all together. That scene will be in  shows episode 6 of season 8. 

The show runners said that Varys' reaction was the idea of the actor that plays him.  He said that Varys was a man that was rarely ever touched by anyone else, so he basically didn't know how to react.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Just a guess, but Varys removed his signet ring

For those unfamiliar with the concept, a signet ring is a ring with a personalized emblem/seal.  In the days before email and Twitter, people wrote letters to one another.  To verify a letter has not been read by anyone but the intended recipient, the sender would pour a wax seal over the folds.  If the seal was broken the letter had been intercepted and read by another.  Before the wax solidified the author would place their signet ring in the hot wax, making an impression that serves as a signature.  So when the recipient gets the letter they know who it was from.

So by leaving his signet ring for Tyrion to find, Varys has given Tyrion cover to send ravens announcing the true lineage of Jon Snow.  Anyone who receives the message will think the message came from Varys.  When Dany learns of the ravens, she cannot link the letters back to Tyrion

• Like (+1) 8

54 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

So should Varys be considered a villian?  He attempted to kill?