Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

- For how clever Varys is, I found it odd that he was so quickly found out and that he didn't see it coming because he has all these birds

-

Varys knew he was being watched (scene 1) and he still sent all those letters that were on the table, which are likely to raise an army and support for Jon and put a political end to Dany, which she knew, and pushed her further to the “fear” option. Varys knew he couldn’t be careful and would be caught but he got them out anyways. That’s why he was ready when Greyworm came. He was counting the minutes. 

Jon’s last words as Dany sentences him to death should be “Dracarys,“ and the dragon then melts Dany on the Iron Throne. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

49 minutes ago, stony said:

Aaron Rodgers got burned alive in the episode, so there's that.  

possible images??

nfl-player-aaron-rodgers-made-a-cameo-on 190513135009-aaron-rodgers-game-of-thron

BTW ... wrong scene from the show.

And the Fans are going crazy seeing Aaron everywhere - one of these is correct 

a7lwbdbf5ch1loc9iaxo.jpg

sorry can't get the video to auto load 

https://deadspin.com/video/3681447?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=Deadspin&jwsource=twi

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

14 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yeaaaaa... I’ll be glad when this is done. It’s been a rough past 2 seasons and the writing just hasn’t been great. It’s all a bit messy and rushed.

It’s not where the plot lines have gone it’s how they’ve got there. Dany can go crazy, Arya can give up her revenge, Jamie’s moral compass can break and Tyrion can become an idiot but man these needed time to develop and breathe.

Oh and nothing like the baddest, most evil women dying by some poor infrastructure! She dies just like extra #23!

Echoes my sentiments exactly.

Cersei and Jamie's death scene was lame and not befitting the level of this show.  No face to face confrontation between Cersei and Dany at the end....disappointing to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Echoes my sentiments exactly.

Cersei and Jamie's death scene was lame and not befitting the level of this show.  No face to face confrontation between Cersei and Dany at the end....disappointing to say the least.

I'm sticking to my preferred ending: The Night King wiping everyone out. It would have been the only cosmic justice in the show.

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm sticking to my preferred ending: The Night King wiping everyone out. It would have been the only cosmic justice in the show.

So it's like LOST ?? 

they realize they all died at the hands of the Mad King and this was all one big dream!!! 

44 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So it's like LOST ?? 

they realize they all died at the hands of the Mad King and this was all one big dream!!! 

That’s absolutely not how LOST ended. The Sideways flashes were something entirely different. 

This site / post was a total ? and makes complete sense. Jack became the smoke monster because the entered the source/heart of the island. There is also a post that logically explains David Shepherd (who was conceived in the encounter bw Kate & Jack the night before the Ajira flight back to the island. Remember that Eloise Hawking said they had to recreate as many of the Oceanic things as they could. Kate was the pregnant woman.) Good resource for those who were left with questions.

https://lostanswers.tumblr.com/post/25732406479/the-jack-monster-and-the-smoke-mother

13 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Which looked like the Greyscale that Stannis' daughter had.  Shireen?

Heck, the girl from last night was holding a wooden carved white horse quite similar to the carved stag that Shireen had.

The white horse was also very similar to the horse that Arya rode out on.

The horse is the pale horse of death from the Book of Revelation. "I looked, and behold, an pale horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth."

My hunch is that Arya's character arc is taking her from to a lust for revenge to a commitment to avenge. ("To avenge is to punish a wrongdoing with the intent of seeing justice done. Revenge is more personal, less concerned with justice and more about retaliation by inflicting harm.") She has always been the vehicle through which we see the world from the perspective of the poor and powerless. 

I thought this last episode was among the best they've ever done. I thought it was entirely true to Martin's vision and all the foreshadowing in the show that occurred. Stannis's trajectory clearly foreshadows Dany's - someone who believes he's a conquering savior but who ends up putting innocents to the fire. When Varys is burned, it's at the same spot in Dragonstone where Stannis and Melisandre had their barbeques.  Martin has no love for messiah types or the messiah narrative.

I also thought that the Jamie/Cersei ending was perfect. Like the scorpion said to the frog, returning to Cersei was in his nature. Deep down he's a hateful person, as he said himself.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, UConn James said:

That’s absolutely not how LOST ended. The Sideways flashes were something entirely different. 

This site / post was a total ? and makes complete sense. Jack became the smoke monster because the entered the source/heart of the island. There is also a post that logically explains David Shepherd (who was conceived in the encounter bw Kate & Jack the night before the Ajira flight back to the island. Remember that Eloise Hawking said they had to recreate as many of the Oceanic things as they could. Kate was the pregnant woman.) Good resource for those who were left with questions.

https://lostanswers.tumblr.com/post/25732406479/the-jack-monster-and-the-smoke-mother

Even though I hated the end .......   I liked the simpler answer that they were all dead   

plus .. I don't want some fan theory.  What did the writers say ??? 

Fans theories get you AAaron Rodgers playing 5 different parts (cameo's)  in the last episode 

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Could be the same horse ... but where's the saddle?  

240fb8a7e648057ca8f557ef1c089f3385bae6ef 2a70d490-75c7-11e9-b4e2-15d91c2c7fa3_800

3a0274bd-762c-42a7-9fd2-0467927acd85-17-

Look at the reigns...   "Harry's are in the top loop" brassy color, the Arya horse the lower look and more a steel color. 

I have to watch it again, but I liked some one else’s take that Bran sent her the horse. 

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I have to watch it again, but I liked some one else’s take that Bran sent her the horse. 

Interesting idea that Bran sent the horse.   But ... how far can one worg?  I know he can see through all the wherewoods.  

The facial coloring (pinkish splotch) of the horse is the same. 

It could be a simple answer really.   

Different days of shooting with a different bridle.     

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Interesting idea that Bran sent the horse. 

The facial coloring (pinkish splotch) of the horse is the same. 

It could be a simple answer really.   

Different days of shooting with a different bridle.     

Yeah, there was supposed to be a shot of ravens flying in the sky not long before the end, but I don’t remember it.

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Could be the same horse ... but where's the saddle?  

240fb8a7e648057ca8f557ef1c089f3385bae6ef 2a70d490-75c7-11e9-b4e2-15d91c2c7fa3_800

3a0274bd-762c-42a7-9fd2-0467927acd85-17-

Look at the reigns...   "Harry's are in the top loop" brassy color, the Arya horse the lower look and more a steel color. 

Technically there’s no difference in the reins, you’re referring to the bridle...second horse has a Pelham bit, first horse has a bridle (maybe the same one but probably not) with the double bit rings configured differently.

For me it’s the same horse, different tack. 

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Am I the only one who felt everything in this episode was highly predictable?  

I mean they have been clearly setting up Dany for a turn for a long time, this should have shocked no one.  They clearly were stacking the table all season with a few working behind her back to get caught, the Jon arc, last weeks episode, killing of her dragon, etc etc.   

Arya, it was a given that the mom and daughter would die the moment they left the house.  Makes me think they may be setting her up AGAIN to kill the big remaining Villian which is now going to be Dany.  

First 2 episodes were great, the nightwalker battle episode was disappointing, inconsistent, and overall just hard to watch.  The week after they set everything up for this episode and now just all feels rushed for one last episode.  

For me...I have both loved this season and also been greatly disappointed at the same time.  Nothing was a bad as the nightwalker battle which was quite disappointing and CLEARLY needed to be 2 full episodes.  They should have not crammed it all in and made first episode of the fight to the point where she lit the trench on fire and they were temporality stopped.  Next episode they pick up with them figuring out how to navigate across the fire pit and taking the battle into the castle.  

Biggest issues with that episode were the inconsistency with how the White Walkers behaved.  I mean they are swarming whole armies in seconds, yet Bran holds them off one by one with a bow and arrow?  Jon is surrounded by them and fends off hundreds with a sword by himself?  Dany and what's his face hold off hundreds at a time while whole army battalions and the walls are swarmed in seconds like zombies in World War Z?  Just no consistency what so ever.  

Additionally, Dany's dragon just leaves her because some white walkers are on it with weapons that can't really hurt it?  Jon is totally wasted in the episode ducking behind rocks with a dragon?  I mean it was pretty dissapointing.  Arya is bad a** assassin, turned scared girl, turned Night King killer all in like 20 minutes?  Night King goes down without a fight...all these seasons of build up and he doesn't even have a battle with anyone nor the other Night Walker leaders who just stood there the whole time?   

Last nights episode was better than the white walker battle, but it felt predictable and also found it a bit of a letdown on the battle.  Wasn't much of a battle at all, little suspense really.  Dragon went from vulnerable and somewhat neutralized, to just basically being a one person army that destroyed an entire fleet, army, and kingdom without breaking a sweat.  It just became one long Dany turn instead of a suspenseful battle.  

Just my 2 cents, but we were all a bit disappointed in the 2 big showdown episodes we waited all these seasons for.  They both had their moments, but just feel overall they could have been better.   

My  biggest dissapointments so far

The way that Dany sent her Dothroki in to just be annialated in a ridiculous no chance charge so that they can be weapons coming back at them the other way.....it was strategically stupid and you could have used them in a flanking manuever once the dead had engaged the unsullied/whatever left force that was in front of Winterfell and it would have been much more effective.....now maybe they still get destroyed because of the size of the undead army?  Who knows.....but at least smarter.

Dany's 2nd draggon gets hit with pinpoint stinger javelins or whatever they are called.....like literally 3 hits in a row plus a kill shot through the neck and plummets into the sea....but in the very next episode they forget how to aim again and Dany and Drogan destroy EVERYBODY including the golden company....I mean what was the golden companies significance to this whole story anyway....they show up to be wiped out in a heart beat?

And it is breaking my heart that Dany is now going villian.....she has been through so much and done so much good.......to only turn heel at the end of it all and will now probably have to be killed after she has survived so much.......I actually understand what Dany is doing and how she is feeling....every single time EVERY SINGLE TIME she shows mercy her enemies construe it as weakness and take advantage of it.......Dany has had enough and was willing to kill innocents to achieve the final goal.   She did not ask for the human shield to be put in front of her yet she is actually being put forward as more of a villian then Cercei if that is at all possible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

And it is breaking my heart that Dany is now going villian.....she has been through so much and done so much good.......to only turn heel at the end of it all and will now probably have to be killed after she has survived so much.......I actually understand what Dany is doing and how she is feeling....every single time EVERY SINGLE TIME she shows mercy her enemies construe it as weakness and take advantage of it.......Dany has had enough and was willing to kill innocents to achieve the final goal.   She did not ask for the human shield to be put in front of her yet she is actually being put forward as more of a villian then Cercei if that is at all possible.

Turning heel?!  She's been a homicidal maniac since season 2.  The only difference is this season there is nobody strong-willed or with the stones to reign in her worst instincts.  The coin landed a long time ago, she is and has been the Mad Queen.

The books are more instructive on this topic, so I'm a bit biased in that regard, but anybody who didn't see this coming has a remarkably short memory and/or likes boobies and blonde hair enough to have selective blindness when it comes to the Dragon Queen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They should have had the Night King win, and kill everyone, and as he sits on the Iron Throne one of the pieces of Valyrian Steel cuts him and kills him so he and all his Wights die. Pan out to a completely dead, empty, silent continent. End of the world. End of life in that realm. The entire Game was for nothing. The end of the existence of Westeros. Cut to black. Done.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They should have had the Night King win, and kill everyone, and as he sits on the Iron Throne one of the pieces of Valyrian Steel cuts him and kills him so he and all his Wights die. Pan out to a completely dead, empty, silent continent. End of the world. End of life in that realm. The entire Game was for nothing. The end of the existence of Westeros. Cut to black. Done.

I could deal with that. My thinking is there's not a "good" guy in the show. They're all shades of evil, so may as well have the most evil win.

• Awesome! (+1) 1